They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. MESSAGE: God strengthens us during our time of waiting - The Leaf-Chronicle | New International Version (NIV) | Download The Bible App Now Isaiah 40:31 Isaiah 40:31 NIV but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. It should have started with walking, then it became running. b. A. You can connect with her on her website: heatheradamsworshipwalk.com, 10 Reasons God Might Not Be Blessing Your Life, Inspiring Mother Breaks Down after Earning Golden Buzzer with Celine Dion Hit, 7 Things that Will Keep Me from Coming Back to Your Church, 6 Truths about Jesus Coming into the World, 9 Christians You Don't Want to Sit Beside on Sunday Morning, 10 Things You Should Know about the Intermediate State of Death, 'You Raise Me Up' Duet Earns A Standing Ovation From The Judges, 7 Things I Would Do Differently if I Were Raising My Children Again. Thats part of living here on earth. Waiting on God isHARD. Bible Reading Plans - Verse of the Day - kjv - June 23, 2023 I want to share a few verses that have become my go-to for waiting and trusting my Heavenly Father: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Are you weary? Isaiah 40:28-31 | Christian teaching Bible > Isaiah > Chapter 40 > Verse 31 Library Free Downloads eBibles Isaiah 40:31 Then comes the start of joyful proclamations for those that wait upon the Lord. Different Bible translations of verse 31 convey a similar overall meaning. Waiting on God is not cumbersome, but instead, its a privilege. But is stopping when were weary and tired the best solution? But we get impatient, wanting things to happen by our timetables. This article is part of the What Does It Mean? We dont have to be controlled by our desires, but can run into the arms of Jesus for freedom, forgiveness, and healing. Do you struggle to find the time to sit down and read your Bible every day? This is a good word for the weary: You may grow faint, but God doesnt. 2 Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and cry to her that her warfare[ a] is ended, that her iniquity is pardoned, that she has received from the Lord's hand double for all her sins. 40:28). Even youths grow tired and weary, One way to spend this time is in reading Gods Word, which enlightens and stirs Gods people on. So why not give it a try? the purpose of proclaiming the gospel through publishing Search. Isaiah 40:31. Have you not heard? Do you ever have a hard time staying encouraged? They will run and not grow weary. But what is Paul getting at here in particular? Read on your preferred digital device, including smart phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. But he persevered, serving his Lord faithfully for approximately 40 years during the reigns of four different kings. What would happen then? Staying on the narrow path of faith is not the easy road. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. In His name I pray, AMEN. They will walk and not faint.". His judgements are just, and His promises are "yes" and "amen", for those that believe His Word, wait on Him, abide in Him - and He in us. They had lived in exile in Babylon for several decades. Isaiah 40 Archives - Pastor Rick's Daily Hope Isaiah 40:31. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom (Isaiah 40:28). I believe youd find that the problems of life couldnt keep you down. - Isaiah 40:31. "Even though this may happen, it is different with those who wait for Jehovah," i.e., those who believe in Him; for the Old Testament applies to faith a number of synonyms denoting trust, hope, and longing, and thus describes it . Isaiah 40:31 Commentaries: Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain His judgements are just, and His promises are "yes" and "amen", for those that believe His Word, wait on Him, abide in Him - and He in us. Yay the Todays Truth is back! When we find ourselves weary, it is time to wait and be refreshed by our Heavenly Father. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not be weary, they will walk and not be faint (Isaiah 40:31). At the end of Isaiah Chapter 40, we read some well-loved verses that have encouraged generations of Jews and Gentiles, through many centuries of time, "Youths may faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall BUT those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. How could they endure the hard circumstances of life any longer? They will walk and not faint.". I wanted to spend every minute I could with all my new friends before we said goodbye to each other. But scripture shows us time and time. God will come through for you. First, the eagle ascending to the heights of the heavens and effortlessly soaring through the sky. Christian Devotional relating to God renewing our strength to soar as eagles from Isaiah 40:31. . It shows a great command of the Hebrew language, using poetic features like personification, dialogue, metaphors and parables, or stories. No, here we admit that we dont have the strength we need. Isaiah 40:10-11 Isaiah 40:25-27 Isaiah 40:29-31 Isaiah 41:10 Isaiah 42:6-7 Isaiah 43:10 Isaiah 45:11 Isaiah 49:6 Isaiah 50:4-5 Isaiah 52:13-15 Isaiah 53:4-6 Isaiah 54:5 Isaiah 55:7-9 Isaiah 56:7 Isaiah 57:14-15 Isaiah 57:20-21 Isaiah 58:9 But, in actuality, who do you know that has not been in a season of waiting? A God who is not just the glorious creator and sustainer of the creation. Sometimes it seems that life is like a tug-of-war game between hurry and wait. Every believer needs times of refreshment and renewal. Help me I pray, to trust implicitly in the power that I can only receive from my Lord, Christ Jesus. Call Us : +1 800 876-9880 (M-F 8am-5pm CST) Home; About. All rights reserved. Many foolish frets, and foolish fears, would . By subscribing to our mailing list, you'll receive daily devotions right in your inbox. So as we wait on God He will help us use the adversities and strong winds to benefit us! Isaiah 40:31 Cross References - Knowing Jesus And I dont mean that as a pat answer. You're no longer relying on your own power to hold all the strings of your life together. Thesewords of comfortwere given to Israel after Isaiah's repeated warning of approaching punishment if they did not repent of their evil ways, nevertheless the Lord is a God of comfort and grace. After being up all night I was exhausted. O: As an athlete, I've heard numerous times . Between us and God, sins accumulate their garbage! Learn more or donate today at. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. At the end of Isaiah Chapter 40, we read some well-loved verses that have encouraged generations of Jews . 40:27-31). I got so weary on our journey with the paths that you would choose.I thought my driving was much better, so I took the reins from you. Isaiah 40:31 . It is then that the spiritual battery is regenerated and renewed by Christ's limitless power, enabling us to run the straight race - and in His strength, to run in such as way as to win the prize, for the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. What Does Standing Up for Truth Look Like? But what does this mean and how do we receive it? And the best part? Isaiah tells us when we hope in the Lord, God will renew our strength. Isaiah presents conversations between the Father and the Son that are remarkable. There are difficulties in life that overwhelm the strongest of people, fears that gnaw at the stoutest of human hearts, and young men who grow faint and weary. God's grace is sufficient for every circumstance of life. His plans are ALWAYS better than mine. Don't become paralyzed and ineffective. There is only one answer, and here we come to the great promise of this text: They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength. Not, those who work for the Lord, but those who wait for him. And eventually, we learn to trust Gods character more than what he can do for us. Waiting on God - Insight In the wait there will come strength and courage. You who bring good news to Zion, go up on a high mountain. As Christians, we look to Jesus, who came to us and said: Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matt. You may find that these daily devotions help you start your day on the right foot and bring you closer to God. Perfect for family Bible study Devotional and Journal Complete with guided journal pages each day for kids and adults. This isnt the end. But Isaiah didn't only speak to the concerns of his generation. But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; Anne is a poet, speaker, published author of 15 books, including her recent book, Always There: Finding Gods Comfort Through Loss. 1. Your email address will not be published. I believe I have been in a season of waiting. It is when the man or woman of God is prepared to admit their weakness and incapacitates, that they are enabled by Him to draw from the bottomless well of His everlasting supply, and drink deeply from the living waters of God's super-abundant provision. Daily Bible Verse and Devotion - Isaiah 40:31 Dear God, You tell us in your word that if we wait on you, we will gain new strength. But sometimes those answers are no, or not yet. We grow through our trials. The writing reflects an acknowledgement of Gods sovereignty over His people and even pagan nations, as well as a reminder that no one can be holy in their own strength and that we must wait on the Lord for provision. The formidable Assyrian army threatened to destroy Jerusalem, and the people were panicked. Isaiah 40 ESV - Comfort for God's People - Bible Gateway Isaiah uses a pair of wordsfaint and wearythree times in the span of a few verses here (Isa. I see it in the doors He opens (or shuts) when I fully trust Him and stop relying on my own wisdom. My "To Do" list is always long. His plans are ALWAYS better than mine. As I sit in my quiet time, I marvel at Gods wisdom. The NIV uses the phrase those who hope in the Lord and the Good News has those who trust in the Lord for help, while most others say those who (they that) wait for (upon) the Lord. The NIV and Good News clarify that waiting is not a passive act, but actively expecting God to work. Get the BEST VALUE in digital Bible study as you prepare for Easter.