The driver's side air bag inflator may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling. The interior can be dressed up with a Wales mahogany wood center panel, and four-cylinder models can be equipped with a five-speed automatic transmission. data for a specific year. or sooner if you feel a lack of power when you accelerate. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners. It can be tempting to try and get as much life out of your battery as possible, but its smart to check it regularly and replace it before it gets too weak. If you are a vehicle owner, search for recalls by your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Regular annual maintenance costs are similar to rivals, at $333 per year, according to Repair Pal's data. NA indicates that we did not receive a large enough sample size to provide Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. A damaged A/C system is never fun, and an overheated engine can cause significant issues (like a total car breakdown!). 2007 Mercury Milan Review & Ratings | Edmunds The Courtesy Check helps us see what were working with under the hood, and allows us to alert you to any potential problems before they worsen. That grrrr and acceleration a car should have. What amazes me is that you see so few on the road given our experience. Typical Longevity (in Miles) of a Mercury Mountaineer Car still operates properly but leaks will be repaired soon.". For a roomy midsize sedan, the Milan posts solid fuel economy numbers. The leather seats are very attractive and have normal wear and tear over the years and the seats aren't too comfortable after an extended period of time. Import-brand midsize sedans typically have stronger resale values, but newly-designed Ford passenger cars appear to be holding their value better than they had previously. A standard analog clock mounted high in the center stack adds a touch of class. However, I don't blame the car. The valves within the ABS Hydraulic Control Units (HCU) may react with brake fluids containing specific corrosion preventative additives. Driving habits, of course, can shorten or extend the life of brake pads. 2 Common Mercury Milan Problems A list of some of the most common issues Milan owners have to deal with. A bright chrome beltline accents each body side, and LED taillights promise quicker illumination. When it comes to vehicles from the early 2000s, the Mercury Milan is actually pretty average. I have tried the 10.9 hex bolt and the. on how 2000 through 2022 vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the 28 MPG 60% highway/country roads. 2006 Mercury Milan 2.3 idler pulley bolt broken - YouTube Interim letters informing owners of the recall and that parts are not yet available began mailing March 1, 2017. Making a schedule for oil changes, fluid checks, and more is a great idea. Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, 4WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC), electrical failure. We still dont recognize that sign in. About 57,000 miles on it and brakes are still in great shape!!! Sharing its engines and chassis with the Ford Fusion (and thus with the Mazda Mazda6), the Milan wades into the lucrative midsize family sedan market with a sense of individual style and available all-wheel-drive capabilities that are not found with the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. by Steve on May 19, 2022. Went to a dealership got a 2007 Mercury Milan Premier V6 fully loaded. Remember, things like average outside temperature or frequency of trips could increase or decrease this interval for your specific vehicle. Save products you love, products you own and much more! Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" above, Ford is recalling certain 2009 Ford Ranger, Edge, Fusion and Mustang, Lincoln MKX, MKZ and Zephyr and Mercury Milan vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Have replaced usual parts (tires, brakes (only once), one tie rod, one control arm, serpentine belt, battery, oil and filters). Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Available transmissions include: 6-speed automatic, 5-speed manual. Used car values are constantly changing. anyhow it squeaks really bad when i turn my wheels or go over bumps", "I've replaced the drive shaft in this car twice. 2007 Mercury Milan | Nhtsa A list of some of the most common issues Milan owners have to deal with. Overall, we think the 2008 Mercury Milan has the looks, comfort and features to merit consideration from midsize family sedan shoppers. Members save $872/year. can not only ensure a smooth ride; it can also help you maintain control of your car in compromised road conditions. The transmission can feel "jolt-y" at low speeds too and can shift a little hard between gears. ", "The blower fan for the heater in the car would not turn on to blow heat in the winter making it impossible to drive due to cold weather. View local inventory and get a quote from a . New Audi E-Tron S for Sale in Glenview, IL, Best Mazda Mx-5 Miata Rf Lease Deals in Vancouver, WA, New Audi A6 Allroad for Sale in Rohnert Park, CA, New Audi E-Tron for Sale in Hamtramck, MI, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. . of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap new, used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 2008 Mercury Milan for I took it to the dealer and they wanted $600 to replace it, I eventually got a radio from a junk yard and replaced it myself". Ford's number for this recall is 19S01. Steering linkage (includes rack and pinion), Paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Longer road trips are a comfortable ride and result in avg of 30mpg. Simply research the Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver-side airbag inflator or module with an alternate one, free of charge. A 2008 Milan with the four-cylinder and automatic rates 20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway, while the V6 version rates 18/26 mpg. The car pearl white had windows tinted don't think it was a waste of money buying a used car people buy used cars all the time. Premier V6 models add fog lights, electronic climate control, auto-dimming rearview mirror, 17-inch alloy wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel with touch controls, six-disc CD changer and leather seating surfaces. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2006-2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ vehicles. "Twice, after a panic stop, the brake pedal would go nearly to the floor before engaging. Overall, the Milan is a tad more refined than Fords Fusion. Short trips and extreme temperatures can shorten the overall life expectancy of your Mercury Milan battery. The 2006 Mercury Milan has been recalled 5 times by NHTSA. This just came to pass this spring when we pretty much stopped driving and leaving the house so it has not been a priority. The backseats however are cushiony and have ample leg room to be comfortable. reliability information available to consumers. Still, its a handy extra space for small items. 2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M) This car looks great, drive decently, but it has a major problem: the Mazda built 5 speed automatic transmissions. Here are a few tips to help extend your Milans lifespan: Get to know your Milan owner's manual and follow its recommended maintenance. subscriber survey for over 300,000 vehicles, our reliability history charts give you a rundown Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. Handles great, rides like a Cadillac and has the comfort of one also! It demonstrates a willingness to corner and change directions at speed with enthusiasm. An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death. to help you make better choices for lifes big moments and the everyday ones in between. My prior departure from consumer reports recommendations (with ford) have ended badly. When it comes to steering and suspension, you want to catch small problems before they turn into big (and expensive) ones. I love how easy it was for me, as someone who has an older beat-up truck, to get insurance without going through a lot of trouble. Depending on the climate where you live and your habits while driving, your Milan may need a replacement battery sooner. For example, regularly driving in heavy stop-and-go traffic wears down brakes quickly, while drivers who tend to cruise along the highway use brakes less. in Literary and Cultural Studies, and is certified to teach English as a Second Language. The four-cylinder is a bit coarse. Our Expert Ratings come from hours of both driving and number crunching to make sure that you choose the best car for you. Data based on the latest United Nations Population Division estimates. The Milan is part of Mercurys revival plan and is aimed squarely at customers who place a premium on upscale styling both inside and out. If Mercury were still making this model car I would purchase it. Those who desire V6 power and the ability to shift their own gears with a manual transmission should look to the Honda Accord or Nissan Altima. Retrieve your username. Talk to a Firestone Complete Auto Care technician to know when to change your oil. If the valves do not properly close, additional brake pedal travel may be required to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. 2007 Ford Fusion Change Vehicle Compare Average Retail Price $4,750 - $5,525 Join for Ratings and Reviews The Ford Fusion is agile and satisfying to drive, with a sporty feel. however, theres a good chance that your vehicles recommended maintenance services will include Leasing, on the other hand, Physical aesthetics absolutely play a part in the longevity of your vehicle! can be a less expensive option on a month-to-month basis. See Full Specs for All 2007 Mercury Milan Styles. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting Just follow your 2007 Mercury Milan maintenance schedule! Love the moonroof and the dash design. She's currently pursuing a Ph.D. in English at St. John's University, where she also serves as the Doctoral Fellow at the campus' Writing Center. There was also a recall for the passenger airbag but other than that, the car has always been fun to drive and has gotten me from point A to B. For 2008, a keyless entry keypad is standard on the Mercury Milan, and there are a number of new options. Your owner's manual will explain what each warning means and how to look into the issue. Looked a 2003 jag but it did not hold a candle to the millan premiere hands down the better car. Avoid Milan & Fusion with 5-speed Automatic Transmission. Very good gas mileage. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov. The issue affects 34 million+ vehicles spread out across 24 brands, making it one of the largest (and most dangerous) recalls in aut, It's been a long road for electronic throttle body (ETB) complaints in Ford and Mercury vehicles. Mercury Milan Review | The Truth About Cars Your Mercury's transmission should last between 130,000 to 180,000 milesor right around the expected life of your vehicle. Check out Mercury lease specialsCheck out Mercury Milan lease specials. Comfort dependability, style, mileage. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. The Milan has 1 generation available in North American markets. If you feel you have received this message in error, please view our customer care Driving conditions, climate variations, and other variables can affect which scheduled maintenance services youll need; Blower (fan) motor, A/C compressor, condenser, evaporator, heater system, automatic climate control, refrigerant leakage, electrical failure. All services will be performed free of charge. Gear selector or linkage, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment, rough shifting, slipping transmission. An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants, resulting in serious injury or death. ", "First use of the day backing up squeezing or squreeking sound. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. Best car I?ve ever owned and I?ve owned about 15 cars!!!! I was not allowed to let anyone ride in the front passenger seat until it was fixed.