Arcana Exploration has done this; keep in mind that we continue to find new things that match. Yes! Philo Sign in. Aired on Feb 08, 2015. It could also be said that you could do the same type of research on 'The Legends of Superstition Mountain' and you might come out with a different attitude also. The first time we saw the tank was with one of our drones. I thank you for helping keep my uncles spirit alive. And, there are some chisel marks. New Evidence of Lost Dutchman Mine History writes "rmed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona's Superstition Mountains. Mike. Another issue is that researching historical information has been very fruitful, so we continue to put efforts in this area and are often surprised and rewarded by what we learn that is relevant to our discovery. Waltz said that at the head of a north-trending canyon you will find the ruins of an ancient Spanish house that sits hidden on a ledge, and that the climb up to it is so steep that you will not see it until you scale up onto the ledge that it sits on, as its stone walls lay before you. Adolph Ruth likely had the Gonzalez family copies of those two maps. Even though you cant have the gold it still would be great to be recognized as the one solving this. What is the broadcast (satellite or terrestrial TV) release date of Secrets of the Lost Map (2015) in Australia? Finally - The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine Is Found! "If the final word from Ruth is authentic it tends to discount the theory that he was murdered for the map he possessed. "For about 20 years, I hiked and explored the mountains on my own. Has the Lost Dutchman Mine Been Found? - True West Magazine Wouldnt that be facing Southwest? Regards Matthew. It's possible he found the lost treasure and was making pickups from his stash as needed. History is filled with stories of buried fortunes, sometimes concealed in dangerous places. Lost Dutchman Gold Mine: Does 'X' Mark The Spot? "As the story goes, Waltz met someone named Peralta who was looking for someone to return to his so-called family mine with him. Jeff. As we reach these adjacent plateaued spaces we continue to search for additional onsite entities that are of interest. I would only reveal it to someone I could trust and right now that is no one. 7. Testing today is much more accurate than the last time the Dutchman gold samples were lab tested. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. 3. Coroners used DNA extracted from bone marrow to make a match with DNA provided by his parents. "Waltz said it was a vein of gold surrounded by hematite in quartz," according to Tuttle. First off, there was never going to be a sign that says, Welcome to the Lost MineProperty of Jacob Waltz. Forget anything pertaining to Peraltas, because thats part of the ongoing lie. And i have proof from google maps, I have closely researched this story for many years. you havent even got near to the mine or you would have kept your mouths hut until you had mined some of it at least. 2. When we are done, I will be shocked if we are wrong, but will be honest about everything. To me it just sounds to good to be true. I was thinking she was his caretaking during his last six months, until the end, I should have been more specific, she was there for him, just not at the last minutes of his life. Our Trek watches will not measure as the crow flies. Beach died in 1947, leaving Kidd alone to travel from his work to home and to his mining claims somewhere west of the Miami area. I am sure it would have made sense, that he was at her place. Boy I had to sit here for a while let me just say I think you will be surprised, Promise me when the books comes out that you send it to me, I would like to write something personal in there for you, what you wrote here to me truly makes it special I want to make sure the guys see what you wrote. You are exactly correct, about Julia being gone the moment he died, I guess I was thinking of new people to the Dutchman Story, and I was think figuratively, that she was him ( in spirit until the end). Lost Dutchman Gold Mine: Does 'X' Mark The Spot? | HuffPost It was on July 19, 1861, in the Los Angeles County Courthouse, Jacob Waltz became a naturalized citizen of the United States of America. I restarted my research in the latter part of August 2017 and kept to only what Jacob Waltz mentioned as clues. Yes! What they discover may have finally put Wayne on the right path Armed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona's Superstition Mountains in search of America's deadliest treasure. The Latin Heart is a Treasure Trove of individual vaults set in the shape of a Heart, which was made from the tailings of the 9 plus mines in the canyon. Legend of the Superstition Mountains - Season 1 - IMDb YES! The LDM has been found over the years by 170 different people and in 170 different locations throughout the Superstition Mountain Wilderness. Armed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona's Superstition Mountains in search of. You can see it from the cave, along with the mine. True! My guess from what we have seen so far is the make- up of the gold will be different. 3) the map Frank Fish had was one of two maps he located in Mexico through the Peralta family. 15 Feb. 2015. If you produce the ore samples, we can examine the crystalline structure of the quartz. If so did you get any indication they might be removing traces of human activity to revert the area to a more natural wilderness state? The Pioneer & Military Memorial Park is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, Weaver's Needle, photo by Nicholas Tortajada, Salt River AZ. Thanks Jeff. What we have is not the same as what you are describing. That will give the exact mineral content of the tested ore. Fairly generic directions, but he gave them nonetheless. Your description sounds in line with others. Jacob and partner, Jacob Weiser, apparently discovered the mine and spent years excavating it for gold. Armed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona's Superstition Mountains. Just one day into his journey, he disappeared. 9. "I'm a little slower now and wish I had the legs I had 20 years ago. There was no sign that Jesse had been shot. There are certain things to look for in the mineralization and the matrix. Me personally, I dont think Jacob had his own mine, he did state no one will ever find my mine. In 2013, the remains of a man who went missing near the mountains in late winter 2009 were finally discovered. Waltz said he built a rock wall in the opening to hide it. They were all but toast and went on to pull -off a huge upset. Where is your book? The network's all-original programming slate features a roster of hit series, premium documentaries, and scripted event programming. He would stay at his hotel, rest, shower and then head back out a couple of days in, a couple of days out. We took a compass reading, and when looking directly out of the mine opening, it reads 220 degrees, and late in the day the sun does shine into the mine. Henry I know that a lot of folks have thought they have found the mine, but.and I have to stop here for a minute and think what I want to say .. The known errors or misrepresentations from the writers of this show could be proved so as to clear up the water so to speak. Like Us On Facebook | Follow Us On Twitter | Contact The Author. Most of our searches are for people who went in alone., Asked if he believed the rugged mountains contain one of the most enduring tales of treasure in North American history, Cooper replied: I dont believe it. The reported mine was dubbed Lost Dutchman around 1892 after Waltz died. There are many who believe that after a 135+ years that if it exists, it would have been found by now and that the LDGM is nothing more than a fairy tale or that it already has been found and is near the old Goldfield mine. Could the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine Still Be Hiding in the Arizona That may be because he didnt have one. (Courtesy: Robert Cooper), On Saturday, years after Capens Jeep, wallet, backpack and cellphone were found in his tent by hikers, volunteers from the Superstition Search and Rescue finally located what they believe is Capens body. Something that would make sense to only you and I because we have been to the site. Yes! As far as the book, it is concerned, it will be different than, the others I have seen it will as much, about our journey, and how our story ends and it will truthful no matter how it ends. Waltz said that when he traveled there, he camped the night below the fort in a stand of Cottonwoods. It took many turns to throw off people that might try to follow him to his mine. A group of modern day treasure hunters search for the Lost Dutchman mine in the Superstition mountain range of Arizona. Just one day into his journey, he disappeared. Anyways everyone be safe and treat other hunters with respect and thanks for sharing all your experiences and knowledge and great stories. His disappearance was reported on December 29, 1949, but probably would have been reported sooner had someone cared enough to notice he was gone. My research has gone back as far as the Hohokam (l-CE to 1450), a mysterious and little-known group of ancient Indians. My first 35 years of researching I trashed in August 2017 because I was following everyone else in finding nothing. Watch on The reported mine was dubbed Lost Dutchman around 1892 after Waltz died. The boots and clothing matched as well. Cooper said Capen's undoing was likely the result of heading out in search of lost gold alone. The first test for authentic LDM Ore. If you climb some distance above my mine you can see to the south a sharp peak (Weavers Needle). Ruth injured his leg so severely in the process that he developed a lifelong limp. That is when Dick Holmes got the ore from the candlebox. As you probably guessed, they were fakes. I think you will enjoy the book. We do not have a specific identification at this time, Gerchick said. Legend of the Superstition Mountains | Legend Of The Supers I havent been back to the canyon since after November 29th, 2018 because everytime I go in I get a different illness everytime which has stumped my Doctors in both Phoenix and Charlotte, NC. History Premieres LEGEND OF THE SUPERSTITION MOUNTAINS Tonight This is true, but there is something most people do not realize about this clue! "Waltz said it was a vein of gold surrounded by hematite in quartz," according to Tuttle. "Delbert Daley of Miami retrieved the bottle but returned it to the river, not connecting the name with the lost prospector. Capen, who had worked at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel for more than a decade, had ventured to the area at least two other times in the past decade in search of the mine. All these guys think they found it or know the answer.. 2. (Actually, I believe he most likely said we stayed in a cave that looked down on the mine.) So we will see, how it ends. Please bring back the show!!! I have been reading up and watching everyones YouTube videos. What they discover may have finally put Wayne on the right path to solving this 150 year old mystery. I think that, now, it might be worth $200 million. "This is beyond obsessed," Burnett told the newspaper. Waltz said his mine-opening faces toward the northwest and late in the day the sun shines in the opening into the mine and on gold. Ridiculous, your clues dont even jive, they contradict themselves. Hunting for the Lost Dutchman is typically a one-man journey, but lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle is breaking with tradition and partnering with a team of experts to follow a newly. Every time I'm in specific areas, I wonder if I've walked over that spot.". is jewelry grade gold. He was secretive and standoffish, which is why no one knows much about him. Yes! It could be more or less, and until we find it, we won't know.". Here is what encyclopedia.com has to say: In January 1964 official examination of Kidd's papers disclosed assets totaling $174,065.69 and a will written in Phoenix, Arizona. By what name was Legend of the Superstition Mountains (2015) officially released in Canada in English? Jacob Waltz arrived in California about 1850. As youre aware, the only way to prove its the LDM is to compare it with existing ore, which even then isnt a %100 percent verification. Secrets of the Lost Map. 4. So safe travels on your next trip Nevertheless, it is there. Legend of the Superstition Mountains: S1E1 Secrets of the Lost Map. YES! Could I be wrong of course anything is possible . Dec. 4, 2009.". The program is entertaining. Until campers chanced upon a note in bottle floating down the Salt River. Let me guess Copper/Gold The skeleton was large. No one has found, or at least shared, any viable proof that matches the man-made or natural clues. I am getting a little ahead of myself, so back to the reason the LDGM has not until now been found. Explorers traveled to the New World in search of gold, jewels, the fountain of youth, and much more, and it seems as though - along with the plague and theft of native lands - treasure hunting it in our blood. The window to find it is rapidly closing. The show follows Dutch hunter Wayne Tuttle on his 40-year search for the Lost Dutchman mine. This was totally unanticipated. We know what we have, and it is more that just a piece of ground. After searching for five years and reading most of the published material, the last paragraph in one book keeps haunting me. Id sure like to known what the results came up with. Both were seeking the mythical Lost Jesuit treasure and it created a contentious situation between the two camps. Just because no one has found the lost Dutchman . We need to bring a golf range finder on our fifth trip, to record distances. Did Jacob Waltz actually find a gold mine, or did a story about a small find of gold latch onto people's minds, driving them mad with thoughts of treasure? Whether it be boulders, bandits, cliffs, the weather, or a curse, no gold is worth the risk. I believe other people who most likely were there said 200 feet or 200 yards? I knew where it had to be. I would like to go back and to a bit more investigating, however this location is on national forest land and I am told no prospecting is allowed unless one has the permits. New Evidence of Lost Dutchman Mine | Legend of the - YouTube He continued by saying that just below the mine is a tunnel the Mexicans dug, trying to come at the mine from below. And I can tell from what you are describing we are not in the same place as you. This was two months ago.". He has a website on how over 15 years he worked out the historical references plus the geology. This again is correct, but you have to see the place to understand what he meant. You need to go to Oak Island do the research look around and talk to the brothers. Truth or writers taking leave way it doesn't matter. Jeff. And you are incorrect that if anyone found the mine they would be quietly be getting rich, it is not that simple. *After our third trip we learned that you can no longer fly drones in the Superstition Mountains; the Tonto National Forest does not allow it. Most people tell us we should mine and keep quite, and protect it from the tourist who are not worthy. Good Luck I hope you find out about your health, that is the most important thing.Thanks for your post. I spend 2 months researching known and not so known maps of the ares corresponding with Google Earth. Rumor has it that he killed like 30 people. Question gentlemen Have you found the Elephant head carved out of solid rock marking the entrance to the canyon, where Jacob says you have to climb up into the canyon?? What they discover may have finally put Wayne on the right path to solving this 150 year old mystery. Tragicomically, she and her team passed over two enormous gold mines on their search for the Lost Dutchman Mine, which they didn't find. Then, to recoup the cost of the failed expedition, Thomas started selling maps that she claimed would lead people to the mine. But when his son, who worked in Mexico, found a map that might lead to an Arizona gold mine, Ruth couldn't resist. I expected some things would fit but that a lot would be misinformation from all the years of hash and rehash. Maps. Hopefully after our fifth trip we will be at liberty to share more of the connected clues that we have. My family lives in the Carolinas; if you care to send me an email would enjoy just talking to you. The Priest carved into the canyon floor in full robes holding a cross in front of a mine entrance, the only other one like it was said to be pointing the way to the Guadeloupe Mines but was destroyed by the Priests themselves. Hey Dallas, some good points of view. The enigma of the LDGM is that it has been a puzzle with many pieces that, up until now, no one has been able to solve. But the icing on the cake will be what we document on the fall trip and absolutely must be in the book. It was loosely named Lost Deutschman or Lost German Mine, and to this day, anyone who researches or tries to find the gold are generally referred to as Dutch hunters. Months after the search was abandoned, The Mesa Journal-Tribune reported the new discovery on Jan. 8, 1932. I'm probably more patient and cautious. And no one is stringing honest people along.. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Department sent a helicopter to the side of the cliff, and deputies rappelled down to a skeleton, which was retrieved in a wire basket. One good pic would make it so Scotty, Well since the intervention of Google Earth and using the pony for your map you can almost pinpoint it within 500 feet. I cannot give you all or most of my information because its best not to trust anyone on this, I might lose everything Ive worked so hard for. Wayne Tuttle is on Facebook. Is there any more info about your book? Sorry, but you havent found the Lost Dutchman Mine, Ill stake my Life on it. There is a slow running spring that feeds into a hard rock pocket pool. On Saturday, years after Capens Jeep, wallet, backpack and cellphone were found by hikers, volunteers from the Superstition Search and Rescue finally located what they believe is Capens body. Start in Jacob Waltz mind not everyone elses. Jacob Waltz said: That is our goal not to mine, but hopefully to get some loose samples that can be tested . The XRF results should be on Unexplained and Unexplored tomorrow night Sunday November 17th on Science channel. Because of the sheer volume of this information I will first address some of the clues accredited to him and connect that information with what we have found at our land-site. But still, to this day, if nobody is able to go and I'm ready, I have a tendency to go to the mountains on my own.". Some 30 years later, Jacob Waltz nicknamed "the Dutchman," even though he was German rediscovered the mine with the help of a Peralta descendant, according to legend. We will be on site much longer and with a much larger crew. Waltz worked as a miner on the San Gabriel River for a man named Ruben Blakney. Apparently this was not possible at the time. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, In the early 1900s Ruth was an amateur prospector in that he had never found gold but had been seeking it for it for years. Thanks Kal for the interest. I think it will interesting and also fun read. We had the correct location, we had the mine site, and if the legend was correct there had to be a stone house at the head of the north trending canyon. There may still be gold to be found, but not likely enough to get rich on. Episode: File 0011: Baba Yaga's Dutchman House. Lost Dutchman Mine, a 1989 video game for various platforms. Thanks Jeff. Its best for hikers and businesses that the mine not be disturbed and be left well enough alone. I have no heirs and have not been married in my life and after all my funeral expenses have been paid and one hundred dollars to some preacher of the gospel to say fare well at my grave sell all my property which is all in cash and stocks with E. F. Hutton Co., Phoenix, some in safety deposit box, and have this balance money to go in a research or some scientific proof of a soul of the human body which leaves at death I think in time their can be a Photograph of soul leaving the human at death, James Kidd.". Yes! We have spent a lot of time and money.