Museums sometimes have fees of a dollar or two for buying tickets online, and this makes sense as well. As reporter David Dayen noted for the New Republic last year, nearly half of Live Nations revenue comes from fees that are handled by its own subsidiary. University of California, Berkeley, Read the latest campus information on coronavirus (COVID-19) here , Berkeley M.E.T. }, + nine = sixteen .hide-if-no-js { There is no reason to expect new visitors to a site to have correct beliefs about fees, and once they have their sights on an item, letting go of it becomes hardas scores of studies in behavioral economics have shown, Tadelis said. Ticketmaster should be able to confirm this for you. Co-authors are Sarah Moshary of the University of Chicago; Kane Sweeney, former head of data science for StubHub and now of health-tech startup Mindstrong; and Thomas Blake, an economist and data scientist now with Amazon. Fees of this size are a common source of confusion and ire. Having an extremely large volume allows them to lower their margins. What is the difference between StubHub and Ticketmaster? If you are a reseller of the ticket, it will cost you the listing price based on the face price you have allotted to each ticket. "This is the ultimate dream and nightmare at the same time," Farwell added, referring to the strong demand for live events after the pandemic-era lull. As one member said after canceling their seats this sucks!. Taylor Swift tickets for the upcoming concert tour are on sale at StubHub. Log into your account and select from the list of 'Upcoming Events'. Tadelis noted that In June of 2019, the Canadian Competition Bureau fined Ticketmaster $4 millionplus another $500,000 for the governments investigation costsfor the ticket sellers practice of using back-end fees that mislead consumers, according to Canadian consumer protection law. Home; Sport; Boxing; Goodwin Promotions; A Night of Professional Championship Boxing - Fight Night 17. However, waiting for the price to go lower can also get you zero tickets, so look out for that. [2022], Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Which Is Better For You? The findings raise questions for whether consumers have a right to full price disclosure up front. It's easy to see why consumers get confused: Google results for "Taylor Swift concert tickets" on Thursday afternoon brought up ads for StubHub and Vivid Seats both secondary sellers before those of Ticketmaster and Taylor Swift's own website. You would transfer the tickets from your Ticketmaster account to the buyers email address. Register yourself with a StubHub account. Ticketmaster vs Stubhub: Customer Service. The ticket, which supposedly cost $250, would actually be $300.75 after fees in other words, 20 percent of the tickets face value was tacked on in the form of itemized fees with confusing names. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Sign up for The Goods newsletter. Seller sent me wrong tickets through Ticketmaster, sale of ticketmaster digital wallet tickets, User Agreement, Privacy Notice and Cookie Notice, Customer service all the way to your seat. Special Offers From discounts to flex tickets to fireworks, check out our current ticket offers. I can't see my Resale tickets available to buy on the website. Even for the buyer, searching and doing other movements on their website comes without any charges. This suggests, Tadelis said, that the boost to sellers from drip pricing may be even bigger for infrequent consumer purchases, such as cars or homes. StubHub: $128 - $155. See Full Review of - Ticketmaster | Stubhub. 4. Their automated email is useless and they have not got back to me. So, the researchers separated out the more experienced StubHub users to see whether the sales boost from hidden-fees declines when people know theyre coming. Both of these online ticket venues have excellent customer support options and large numbers of available seats for a variety of venues. Got a confidential news tip? Taylor Swift public ticket sale on Friday is canceled, Ticketmaster While Ticketmaster will cost you two different charges, StubHub here will allow you to list the tickets on sale for free. No. They are available in both Apple Store and Play Store - free of charge, of course. This upfront-fee pricing strategy included all required fees, which generally amounted to 15% of the ticket price plus shipping and handling. Re: Can I sell tickets from Ticketmaster non eligible for resale? Selling ticket FAQs. The other half of StubHub users continued to see the all-inclusive prices. No one else can do that. Both TicketMaster and StubHub have proprietary applications. Because the site differs from traditional retailers in that its a two-sided marketplace, with sellers who are individual users, the researchers wanted to know how the sellers responded to the price structure change. After an FTC workshop about the astronomical fees added on to most concert tickets, it is fairly clear that nothing is being done. There is no way to get in touch with Ticketmaster directly. You can try reaching out to Ticketmaster and see why the tickets are greyed out. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Meanwhile, the tickets soared on the resale market topping $10,000 in some cases via ticket sites like StubHub. I cant think of a good reason to allow this practice in any country as the harm to consumers is clear from our study. All Rights Reserved. There are a lot of differences between StubHub and Ticketmaster. Third-party ticket sites are your best bet if you didn't get in. In most cases, the venue has put a delivery delay in place so that the tickets will not be available for transfer until the week of the event. Not looking for Taylor Swift? While these particular numbers may be new to you if you do not live in the Midwest and attend canonical classic rock concerts, the gist is likely familiar. Advertisement. However, in recent years it has upgraded access to the worlds biggest ticket marketplace. newsletter. How ticket fees got so bad, and why they won't get better - Vox As time goes on, ticket prices tend to inflate based on their demand and how close it is to the event. For Ticketmaster, the biggest selling point is a flexible return policy. The face value price is the one you see on the website. However, on every successful transaction, the buyer will be charged 10% of the face value as fees. I sold tickets on StubHub and when I went to transfer them on Ticketmaster and my Transfer button was grayed out. Some Taylor Swift fans who bought seemingly legitimate tickets have already discovered they were duped. Shortly after the experiment, StubHub changed the price structure across the whole site to use back-end fees, hiding them until the checkout page. "A lot of these companies that live month to month or on three-month. Tickets for A Night of Professional Championship Boxing - Fight Night 17 @ York Hall | Sat, 17 Jun 2023, 17:00 | Browse ticket types & offers | View seating map . The reason the tickets are cheaper on one provider over another is because of the same logic that goes in the hotel rooms certain companies by certain amounts of Blocks of rooms and StubHub obviously purchased a larger block of tickets then did Ticketmaster does allowing them to sell them cheaper good night oh and one thing you might wanna watch Once you find a ticket, have a look at the ticket details then go for the well-suited delivery method. Anyone know how I can contact customer support for Ticketmaster? Is that normal? We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. In addition to that, itll also charge an order processing fee. I thought it might be helpful to point out the difference between Ticketmaster and Stub Hub, as this seems to be a . The buying process of tickets on StubHub is similar to that of other ticket-selling websites. Follow Fans Also Viewed Boston Celtics See all 23 Events Orlando Magic See all 23 Events Milwaukee Bucks See all 24 Events Absent more tickets becoming available to the general public later, fans may think it's necessary to turn to the "secondary" market to score a seat meaning, from sellers other than. Social media is another potential landmine for fans, Gray said. Buy and sell your Taylor Swift tickets today. Google Pay. Note: you can edit the price you have entered or you can always delete your listing. We accept credit card, Apple Pay, and Of course, this isn't to say secondary sellers are grifters in all circumstances. That doesnt make it true. The more popular the event or the artist is, the more money will have to be spent to get a closer seat to the stage. If available, select the ticket (s) you want to sell and click Continue. Click the button to transfer tickets and follow the simple steps onscreen to transfer to your friends. The customer support includes full refunds on canceled events and attempts to find replacement tickets should you have any issues. The website allows you to ask questions from other users in their community and get easier solutions. [2022], Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Which Is Better For You? "Those numbers will continue to go down once all of this false demand is gone and there's a correction.". Comprehensive event search feature. TicketLiquidator is one of the most often-mentioned outlets for getting cheaper tickets than Ticketmaster. If its past 10 AM on the day of your event and you dont have the tickets, pleasecontact us. Some teams, venues, or artists put delivery delayson tickets issued to original buyers. Stubhub Fees | The Truth About Buyer & Seller Fees | TickPick I have tried to call many times and have sent multiple emails, the event is tomorrow and I am unable to send the buyer their tickets, as well as transfer to my friends. It employs mostly professional independent ticket brokers who undergo a strict vetting and ranking process, so it's fairly reliable, too. Tickets are 100% guaranteed by FanProtect. If it were consistent, people would get used to that really fast and like knowing the price theyre going to pay. She too, suggested that the FTC could just make this a rule and save any one platform from having to go out on a limb. Oops. There's a surefire way when buying online, experts said: First, navigate to an artist's or event venue's website and click through from there for tickets. Stubhub's face prices for tickets may look more expensive than Ticketmaster's, but that's because most of the fees are automatically added to the value. Two of the most prolific online ticket vendors are Ticketmaster and Stubhub.