Kirkland Movie Theater Butter Microwave Popcorn 3.3 oz./44 ct CASE Click "Set Postcode" to enter your delivery postcode and browse items available in your delivery area. When microwave popcorn contains a ton of artificial flavors, it may not compete with some of the other stuff. Its a satisfying balance between flavor, saltiness, and calories. The opinions in this review are strictly those of Costcuisine. Costcuisine isnt associated with Costco in any way though. This means youre getting the benefit of the entire kernel, containing a dense amount of nutrients. QuerySprout is a team of dedicated consumer advocates that aims to help customers find answers to their service, product, and brand-specific questions. Since then, Lindsey has worked in the retail and consumer service industry as a manager, advisor, and marketer. The best microwave popcorn has to bring big flavor, and it has to provide a salty, buttery, toasted corn taste. Each serving contains 16 grams of total fat, with 8 grams of saturated fat, 2 grams of polyunsaturated fat, and 6 grams of monounsaturated fats. 9 months ago. (Himalayan, Salt Potato, Ingredients, Costco). Pour 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels into your large bowl. Many Costco shoppers are curious as to where Kirkland Signature popcorn is made and who makes it, and while we currently dont have the information, we can be sure that the popcorn is produced by the Costco company and distributed through its warehouses. At only 25 calories a cup (or 130 calories per serving), it's a great option for people craving better-for-you snacks. Kirkland Bath Tissue. Pour the coated corn into a brown paper lunch sack, and sprinkle in the salt. Really? One bag makes about two heaping cereal bowls full of popcorn. If youre looking for something on the lighter side, with just a hint of zest, this is a great pick. "This popcorn is low in protein and fiber, and high in saturated fat," says Valdez. Kirkland Signature popcorn is likely made in the same warehouse as another well-known microwave popcorn brand. Potato chips are popular with a lot of consumers. The Hawaiian Hurricane Popcorn was created back in 1991 at a popcorn pushcart in the Koolau Mountains of Kaneohe, Hawaii. Options like Orville Redenbachers Skinnygirl Butter & Sea Salt Microwave Popcorn and Angies BOOMCHICKAPOP Sea Salt Microwave Popcorn are the healthier options on the market. Once other ingredients, like butter, salt, and oil is added the calories start to increase. Each popped piece is big and fluffy, with no lack in crunch. Its tinted yellow just like the popcorn you get at the movie theater. day, 2022 Galvanized Media. "It also contains sugar as well as artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and more. 1. Most of us can name a fewOrville Redenbachers, Act II, Pop Secret, and Jolly Time. If youre looking for a product that doesnt have an overly powerful buttery taste, this might be the right brand for you. Customer reviews indicate this popcorn tastes as close to real movie theater popcorn as you can get. Do you know who makes Kirkland Popcorn? There are 230 calories per serving and 110 calories from fat. Sour gummies? [amazon box="B07X27N7DB,B07LB96BTY,B099ZY1YZH,B09KMGVB2F,B08JMH4VYL,B074H7K39M,B079J7TKG5,B01HVA66Y0,B082PMLK39"]. The BIG Brands Behind Costco's Kirkland Signature Items - Hip2Save While the Pop Secret brand counterpart has its own signature blue and yellow packaging, Kirkland Signature has the classic Kirkland red and black label. Pop Secret is one of the most popular and best-selling microwavable popcorn brands on the market. Manufacturers have taken that concern to heart: The country's largest makers of microwave popcornConAgra, General Mills, American Pop Corn Company, and Pop Weaver no longer use diacetyl in their products, which include Act II, Orville Redenbacher, Pop Secret, Pop Weaver, and Jolly Time. Get the best food tips and diet 3. However, the kernels do pop up nicely and have a fluffy consistency when fresh out of the microwave. Yes, this flavor does contain less saturated fat, and I think that's awesome, but I often find that many people only focus on the numbers and not the ingredients," says Fox. Kirkland Popcorn is made by Costco and it is part of Costcos private label. But what if you want to enjoy a quality movie, paired with a buttery bowl of popcorn at home? ShopRite. ZIP Code Product Details Specifications Shipping & Returns Product Details Microwave Popcorn Movie Theater butter 3.3 oz bag 44 ct More Information: 100% whole grain Gluten free Kosher Dairy Specifications 04/03/2018. xhr.send(payload); Costco sells a number of products under this private label, from tequilas to snacks, carbonated beverages, and more. I am intrigued by the larger bags (pretty sure Act . PersonalPoints value for 7 cups popped: 3, Amazon.com. We will be very happy to hear from you. "For butter lovers, this should hit the spot with its natural butter flavor. That's up to you. Maybe it's that batch number? I tried the giant bag of Skinnypop after being disappointed with the Kirkland microwave popcorn and I have converted exclusively to the Skinnypop. The kernels pop smaller and they have a bit of a plainer taste, with a hint of sweetness. Some say it doesnt have enough flavor. While Costco is open about who provides some of their private label products, this is one they're tight-lipped about. The brand also does its best not to have high prices on its products, which can be difficult if there is more competition. Since then, Marques has worked in the retail and consumer service industry as a manager, advisor, and marketer. Have you ever wondered who makes Kirkland honey? It makes for a good balance between the two, with the light, airy texture paired with a buttery, crunchy kernel. The butter popcorn is most popular, with the classic, movie-style buttery flavor. There are 230 milligrams of sodium, 18 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, less than 1 gram of total sugars, and 2 grams of protein per serving. How Many Calories Are In A Bag Of Popcorn? - What The Popcorn Yes that's the one. For example, you can make gooey marshmallow popcorn balls as a fun, creative snack. A serving of oil-popped, unsalted, and unsweetened home . says Fox. This one is slightly less buttery but a completely delicious snack. Costco members can purchase the Kirkland microwave popcorn in a box with 44 bags inside. The kettle corn is made with traditional mushroom kernels, similar to how the authentic kettle corn is made over the stove. Movie Theater Popcorn At Home | Kirkland Microwave Popcorn Review The product contains genetically modified additives, gluten, artificial preservatives, added flavors and dyes. Whole Foods makes great microwave popcorn. A favorite Costco popcorn product of mine is the Angies Boom Chicka Pop Sea Salt Popcorn from Costco. Popcorn without any toppings is low in calories and rich in dietary fiber, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin A. It steers away from the traditional popcorn seasonings, like classic salt, white cheddar cheese, and sweet kettle corn, and brings the luxurious ingredient of sea salt into the mix. Costcuisine is not affiliated with Costco or any of its suppliers. We know that its produced by the Costco company and distributed through their warehouses. I remember when I brought home half my bag of movie theater popcorn he was shocked Id eat leftover, cold popcorn and was slightly appalled by the concept of farmers market kettle corn. Further, many note that there is a pretty distinct taste difference between Kirkland Signature popcorn and Pop Secret. Are Kirkland Protein Bars Healthy (Ingredients, Bad or Good), Who Makes Kirkland Kettle Chips? Chances are there is something for every type of preference, whether it be popcorn caked in movie theater butter or something more subtle tasting. In the past, you either had to warm up your favorite kettle or load up the popcorn machine. The main ingredients include palm oil, natural butter flavors, and whole grain popcorn. Kirkland Signature Popcorn, Microwave, Movie Theater Butter nutrition grade C plus 190 Calories Per Serving 13 comments Rating: 4.22 with 58 ratings 6 followers Explanations Keto: net carbs 15g If you are following a ketogenic diet (keto), you need to restrict your daily carbohydrate intake so that your body enters ketosis. Jolly Time ranks higher than Kirkland in many reviews but both brands are usually within the top five. "When it comes to [buying the healthiest] microwave popcorn, my recommendation is to find one with minimal ingredients," says Erika Fox, RDN, registered dietitian nutritionist at 310 Nutrition. Learn More, Costco Kirkland Signature Microwave Popcorn Review, https://www.costco.com/orville-redenbacher%27s-original-popping-corn%2C-8-lbs.product.100444437.html. Perhaps most popular among the Kirkland Signature popcorn products is the 3.3 oz. The box weighs about 4kgs with 44 bags of popcorn inside. (Himalayan, Salt Potato, Ingredients, Costco). Keep reading for an in-depth look at Kirkland microwave popcorn and how it stands up against the products next to it on Costcos shelves. At one time they sold Orville Redenbacher as well as Act II, but the Kirkland brand was so good there was really no need to offer the others. There are 7 grams of total fat, with 3 grams of saturated fat and no trans-fat or cholesterol. 8. Ive also reviewed the French Cancan Popcorn from Costco and the Cretors Chicago Mix Popcorn from Costco. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The product comes in a 30-count box, including 3-ounce bags. Its a huge box for one person but I love popcorn and I liked the way they looked at the store; however, Im very disappointed,,,, they didnt pop. Kirkland pop corn is not as it was full of husk no taste have you got a new provider. Fortunately, in most cases, the products end up being very high-quality through this method. Kirkland is one of the company's many brands. The product is delivered in a 10-count box, including 1.5- ounce bags. It contains a blend of corn kernels, seasoned seaweed (otherwise known as nori), toasted sesame seeds, crunchy rice crackers with a light soy sauce glaze (otherwise known as mochi crunch), all coated with a buttery topping. Carbs. At one time they sold Orville Redenbacher as well as Act II, but the Kirkland brand was so good there was really no need to offer the others. I also provide useful information about products, like cooking instructions (in case you threw out your package by accident like I have countless times!) Most health professionals agree that popcorn in . The total weight of the box is 9.05 pounds. It also doesnt pop as well. Its whole grain popcorn thats gluten-free. So, who makes Kirkland Popcorn? Best Low-Calorie O Organics Organic Popcorn in Butter Flavor ($2.99 for 3 bags) and Act II in Butter Lovers ($4.89 for 6 bags) Other brands we tried, such as Angie's Boom Chicka Pop, may have advertised their low calorie count, but Organics and Act II both managed to come in at 25 calories per cup10 less than most of the brands we tried.