Lil Wayne - Lollipop Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic "Lollipop" is the first single from Lil Wayne's sixth studio album, Tha Carter III. Lil Wayne Lollipop Ft Static From Tha Carter Mega 2017 download . "Lollipop" is a song by American rapper Lil Wayne, issued as the lead single from his sixth studio album, Tha Carter III. Lil Wayne grew up in New Orleans 's impoverished 17th Ward. Static died from health complications in 2008 shortly before "Lollipop" was released. With such an extensive catalog, one would imagine that a rapper like him would be susceptible to that. As an artist, when I seeda Grammyscoming up & Im not involved nor invited, I wonder, Is it me, my musik or just another technicality? I look around w respect & wonder competitively am I not worthy? Lil Wayne put out enough material in 2007 to inspire a Vibe magazine list of the 77 best Lil Wayne songs of that year alone. Claytons Beach Bar and Event Venue, 6900 Padre Blvd, 78597, South Padre Island, TX, United States. Instead of penning the lyrics, he just stands aside and listens to the beat for a while and comes up with the words in his head, then just records it. There he came to the attention of Cash Money Records head Bryan Williams, and he soon became a memberwith Juvenile, B.G., and Turkof the labels all-star group Hot Boys and won notice for the albums Get It How U Live! [14] It is his first top ten on the Pop 100, where it has reached number two. In August 2011, after a boisterous performance at the MTV Video Music Awards, he released Tha Carter IV, which featured guest performances by John Legend, Busta Rhymes, and OutKasts Andre 3000. The rapper reacted to hearing his own forgotten lyrics from the 2008 single. Dwayne Michael Carter Jr.198292719971999Tha Block Is Hot2004Tha Carter II It contained the singles A Milli and Lollipop. By the end of the year, the album had sold more than 2.8 million copies, making it the countrys best-selling album of the year. They passed on the record, and I went over and played it for Static. On the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, it is the first rap song to reach number one since Ludacris' "Money Maker" in 2006. Privacy Policy. Find album reviews, track lists, credits, awards and more at AllMusic. Lollipop Lil' Wayne | Last.fm Lil Wayne, byname of Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr., also called Weezy, (born September 27, 1982, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.), American rapper who became one of the top-selling artists in hip-hop in the early 21st century. In 2006 and 2007, Lil Wayne released several mixtapes and appeared on several popular rap and R&B singles. Static Major - Wikipedia It returned to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for the second time on May 22, 2008. Formerly a member of the rap group, Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. (born September 27, 1982 in New Orleans, Louisiana), known professionally as Lil Wayne, aka Weezy F. Baby or Lil Tunechi, is an American rapper, singer, songwrite, Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. (born September 27, 1982 in New Orleans, Louisiana), known professionally as Lil Wayne, aka Weezy F. Baby or Lil Tunechi, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record executive. Attached File: I know we're supposed to do 'Showtime,' but we're going to do this one. At 80 years old, Yoko has 10 #1 Dance hits. It included the number-one single "Lollipop" and won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album. His contribution in 2004 to the single Soldier (by Destinys Child) was among the first of many guest performances with other artists that attracted wider attention to his distinctive gravelly drawl and his skillful flow. There are various versions of the song. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Lollipop - Lil Wayne featuring Static Major "Lollipop" is a smash hit song by American rapper Lil Wayne featuring Static Major. The single reached a new peak of number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 on April 17, 2008, making it his highest-charting single as both a lead artist or as a featured performer. They float. Likewise, don't respond to trollish comments; just report them and ignore them. The song was ranked at number five on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2008. Static was Aaliyah's main lyricist; his writing credits for her included ". "Lollipop" is Lil Wayne and Static Major's most successful single to date, spending five non-consecutive weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 chart. After the RIAA announcement Wednesday morning, an appreciative Lil Wayne sent out a video thanking all the 10 million fans who bought the song -- noting it was sales, not streams that got him the Diamond plaque. Lollipop was released in March 2008 as the first single from Lil Wayne's sixth studio album, Tha Carter III. Keri Hilson - Turnin Me On (ft. Lil Wayne) Kevin Rudolf - Let It Rock (ft. Lil Wayne) Lil Wayne - Right Above It (ft. Drake) Kevin Rudolf - I Made It (Cash Money Heroes) ft. Lil Wayne, Jay Sean & Birdman; Drake - Forever (ft. Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem) Lil Wayne - She Will (ft. Drake) It uses a slight bit of talkbox, but replaces almost all the other sound with electric guitar, and features a hard rock version of the lyrics sung by the band. The rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Carter Jr., had pleaded guilty in October, after being arrested in 2007. In 2020 he also pleaded guilty to illegally taking a handgun and ammunition on a private plane. [11] (Lil Wayne was a featured artist for Destiny's Child's number 3 (Hot 100) hit, "Soldier".) [18], To date, "Lollipop" sold 4,176,000 digital copies in the United States.[19]. [Lil Wayne] Okay, lil mama had a swag like mine She even wear her Hair down her back like mine I make her feel right Ehen its wrong like lyin Man, she ain't never Had a love like mine And man I aint never Seen a ass like hers That pussy in my mouth Had me loss fo' words So I told her to back it up Like berp-berp And I made that ass jump Like . Lil Wayne Shawty Say (2008). Proceeds directly fund this automated service. Licensed To - Universal Music Australia Marketed By - Universal Music Australia Manufactured By - Universal ANZ Produced For - Rebel Rock Productions Produced For - Bangladesh Production Company, Inc. Phonographic Copyright - Cash Money Records, Inc. Lil Wayne, byname of Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr., also called Weezy, (born September 27, 1982, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.), American rapper who became one of the top-selling artists in hip-hop in the early 21st century. If you peek at my review for Britney Spears', "I get her on top, she drop it like it's hot. While every effort has been made to follow citation style rules, there may be some discrepancies. Static Major died two weeks before the release of the song. Lil Wayne - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Both projects were. In February 2010, a month before being sentenced to prison, he released the rock-influenced album Rebirth, which was met with largely unfavourable reviews. [Break: Kanye West & Static Major] Lollipop The best in the world Sh-Sh-She lick me like a lollipop World, world She She lick me like a lollipop [Chorus: Static Major, Lil Wayne, & Both] Shawty . Get The Best of Hip Hop and Black News Straight to Your Inbox. Lil Wayne mistook Drakes email address for his last name in a lyric, Lil Wayne addresses Billboard/Vibe's ranking of the greatest rappers of all time: "I'm No. [15], In 2008, "Lollipop" was the best-selling ringtone in the United States with over 2.3 million copies sold[16][17] and the second best-selling digital song with over 3.1 million copies. Lil' Wayne Feat. Static - Lollipop - Download Video aus dem VOB Lil Wayne released his seventh studio album, the rock-influenced Rebirth, in February 2010. It was mixed by Fabian Marasciullo. 15 Juicy Facts About Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' 8 Years Later The Miami director Gil Green, whose other clients include Rick Ross, DJ Khaled and Jay Sean, directed the video. Lollipop 3 . Lil Wayne. lollipop,lollipops,lollipop song,lollipop lil wayne,lil wayne lollipop,lil wayne lollipop lyrics,lollipop lil wayne lyrics,lollipop lyrics,lil wayne,songs fo. Lil Wayne @ Claytons Beach Bar and Event Venue They had released their first album in 2007, and a year later were playing a show in their hometown of Nashville when they decided on a lark to cover "Lollipop" (this was their first show with guitarist Ryan Belcher as an official member). The party tune "Mambo No 5 (A Little Bit Of)" was the theme song for the 2000 Democratic Convention (the party of Bill Clinton), until someone noticed the line, "A little bit of Monica in my life.". Are you searching on google for How to contact Lil Wayne? View All Credits . . The song was released digitally on March 13, 2008. Lollipop ( 2008 ) by Lil Wayne Director: Gil Green Release Date: 2008 Status: Released Rap/Hip Hop Rock 502M Views Credits Director Gil Green Director of Photography Thomas Marvel Production Company Merge@Crossroads Producers Stephanie Scire , Producer Record Label Cash Money Records Editorial Dave Hussey , Colorist Casting Department The Notorious B.I.G. The track was released in 2008 and became an instant. Billboard reported that the song was downloaded 183,000 times the week it hit #1. Safe sex is great sex/Better wear a latex/Cause you dont want that late text/That I think Im late text, Smith raps, to which Wayne reacts, I said that?!. (RIAA). This song is sung by Lil Wayne. Download mp3 Download Lil Wayne Lollipop [download-lil-wayne-lollipop His career began in 1995, at the age of 12, when he was signed by rapper Birdman, joining Articles from Britannica Encyclopedias for elementary and high school students. Lil Wayne is one of the rappers whose lyricism and wordplay has wowed fans and music lovers over the years. I didnt know whenI said thator whyI said that,but I said it, Wayne adds before providing a reasonable justification for his failure to remember his own line. "Lollipop" is the first single from American rapper Lil Wayne's sixth studio album, Tha Carter III. Join the Official Discord Server or follow and enable alerts on Twitter for instant notifications. The Stooges guitarist (and producer of the Kill City album) talks about those early recordings and what really happened with David Bowie.