After a meeting or discovery session Suppose its been over a week since you had a call or face-to-face meeting with 2. From hair trends to relationship advice, our daily newsletter has everything you need to sound like a person whos on TikTok, even if you arent. After a meeting or discovery session Suppose its been over a week since you had a call or face-to-face meeting with 2. The rule of thumb for "just checking in" emails is essentially this: If you have a good reason to reach out or new value to provide, reach out. I notice you havent sent me any follow-up emails yet.Please inform me when you get a moment,Mrs. Just because they began working with a competitors product doesnt necessarily mean theyre in love with it either. Just checking in: 4 better ways If you dont, think of one. RingCentrals integrations with other tools also open up new powerful ways of working more efficiently as a team. Below are 30 things to reference in a follow-up email besides the obvious fact that you're checking in. Your sisters been super distant since she lost her job, and you want to make sure shes OK, but theres something about the phrase checking in that makes you cringe. 2. In a polite or formal email, its often a good idea to let the person know the purpose of the message right away. For more information, check out our, 30 Better Alternatives to the"Just Checking In" Email, Pop up for DOWNLOAD FREE SALES EMAIL TEMPLATES. Case studies are ideal for this job: they help sell the dream and serve as proof that working with you is worth it. Provide them with a short piece of actionable advice. They may still have big gaps in their understanding of your product or have doubts about its ability to deliver the results they need. Hence, we can use it to simply ask for status updates, and its most effective if youre a boss who wants to learn more about the current projects undertaken by your staff. We're committed to your privacy. You dont have to be someones best friend or family member to check in on them if you know theyre struggling. i just called. Do you mind if I go ahead and close your case? We'll help you get your affairs in order and make sure nothing is left out. This is a gentler way of initiating a check-in, Anwar says, because it contains some nuance. As a general rule, you want your messages to create a sense of urgency or excitement on part of the recipient. Reach out to a decision-maker after a blocker leaves the company. 9. They might respond or not, but youve let them know theyre in your thoughts. This will help you build a relationship as a trusted advisor with them. I could set you up with a free trial account. If your inbox is anything like mine, it tends to get unruly fast. Were living in the age of the customer, where experience reigns supreme. This can often come as a major relief to someone whos suffering from stress in addition to illness or grief. ", "Hi, I haven't heard a response from you since [date]. List Of 30- Alternative Follow-up Strategies To "Just Checking In" Personal Check-ins. Get access to all our premium plans free of cost for a week! Hybrid work might be in your future. Example: Hey, [contact name]. Where are we with works well when we want to write a follow-up to know whats going on. It also lets them know youre attentive to their words and worth their time. advice. But one email stands out among all the other ones in your inbox because it felt personal. Your writing, at its best This is probably the most common way that just checking in emails are used. your text, so your work is extra polished wherever you write. Webbe checking. How to say just checking in professionally Option #1: Stick to work-related questions Option #2: Use open-ended statements Option #3: Offer support Option #4: Schedule a meeting How to write a checking-in email for a business contact The wrong way to write a checking-in email The right way to check in with someone over email Have a look. Next time you reach out to your contacts, be sure to steer clear from using just checking in. ", "I've been meaning to ask, how did the conference go? This is always a wonderful way to check in, Anwar says. You offered to put together a list of project ideas for further brainstorming. Heres what to say to somebody youd really like to check up on, without defaulting to a clich or sending a .gif of a floating otter. We also may earn commission from purchases made through affiliate links. Be specific and to the point while doing so. Sometimes the best way to say just checking in is to just come out and say it. Should I make that happen? I know that [relevant topic] was something you wanted to learn more about on last weeks call. Get this free checklist to evaluate if if you're ready to retire email (and try something different). Are you available Thursday at 10:30 a.m.?. Example: Good morning, I came across an interesting article that reminded me of a previous conversation we held about X. I read a great article this morning about the power of using quizzes to ease visitors into your sales funnel, and I thought youd appreciate a link. By clicking "Accept", you agree to our website's cookie use as described in our Cookie Policy. WebOne of the most worthless things to say at the beginning of a call to a prospect or customer is Im just checking in with you. (The Probation Officer call.) Example: I wanted to reach out to see how business has been this past few months. Send a how-to guide. You might find this useful. We have something similar and would like to run you through a strategy I developed for you to increase your sales. Although this is a perfectly good reason to check in via email, there are ways to avoid the just checking in language we all dread. Romero, Dear Melissa,Im just checking in to see if I can help. Thank you. WebInstead of saying I just wanted to follow up, you can say can we schedule a follow-up on. This alternative works well when we want to set up a meeting to discuss matters. Use the request for a status update as a call-to-action, and make it time-sensitive so youre more likely to get a response. Sometimes you need to know where a project or task stands. i am calling. WebThe rule of thumb for just checking in emails is essentially this: If you have a good reason to reach out or new value to provide, reach out. 17. 23 Better Alternatives to the Just Checking Do you have anything to tell me?All the best,Mr. Its important to reach out within the timeframe they stated, otherwise your window of opportunity might close prematurely. A daily dose of irreverent and informative takes on business & tech news, Turn marketing strategies into step-by-step processes designed for success, Explore what it takes to be a creative business owner or side-hustler, Listen to the world's most downloaded B2B sales podcast, Get productivity tips and business hacks to design your dream career, Free ebooks, tools, and templates to help you grow, Learn the latest business trends from leading experts with HubSpot Academy, All of HubSpot's marketing, sales CRM, customer service, CMS, and operations software on one platform. Answer a question on an online forum. Let me know if you need any help. Let them know when youre available to talk, or just let them know they can reach out at any time. The truth is that sales reps resort to using just checking in because its quick and easy. As a writer for a popular blog (this one) and a freelance PR professional, I get follow-up emails regularly. If someone you know has just experienced the death of a loved one, you can check in on them and say sorry for your loss at the same time. By checking in on the people in your life, you also strengthen your bonds and your support circle for when you need a helping hand. Example: Hi! Ive attached a few case studies that I think youll find interesting. What can i say instead of just checking I feel like we havent communicated for a while.Kind regards,Evangeline Button, Hello Bruce,Whats going on with the status report? ", "Hi, I share the same viewpoint as yours about your post on social media platforms (like Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter). In a polite or formal email, its often a good idea to let the person know the purpose of the message right away. Lastly, this phrase can work really well in follow-up emails like so: To Jackson,How is the project coming along? If your goal is to impress your potential decision-maker, aka prospects, make them have a good time reading your email and want them to respond to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. The author makes some interesting points, including [list key highlights]. 2. ", Example: We know your company is all about X, we thought youd find value in this recent article analyzing the market for it.. Its obvious to the reader that youre checking in just by virtue of the fact youve reached out to them at all: I was wondering if youd had a chance to review the report I sent last week? Occasionally, you might want to get in touch with a prospect, client, or customer just to stay on their radar and to let them know that you have their best interests in mind. Point out business weaknesses. forms. Usually, we only send it to ask if anything is wrong. Create personalized videos at scale with dynamic data, Create personalized images with dynamic data, Add personalized videos/images into your emails, Add personalized videos/images to your Linkedin outreach, Send personalized videos/images to your contacts, Auto generate videos via API or no-code tools, Auto generate images via API or no-code tools, Send personalized content from your existing tools, Add personalized videos/images in your emails, 10 Alternatives to As Per Our Conversation, Dont use this awful filler when you dont have anything else better to say! Of course, every rule has an exception. Dont leave them guessing and dont shift the responsibility onto them to propose the next steps. Although this is a perfectly good reason to check in via email, there are ways to avoid the just checking in language we all dread. If you hit at least one of the points on our free checklist, its time to consider an email alternative. You stumble into your kitchen, make yourself some coffee, take a few sips, and then head to the computer to open your inbox and catch up on emails. Are you over email? Here are some messages that will help you say, Just checking in to see how youre doing, to a friend or family member. How are things coming is a good way to ask how something is getting completed. If someone is stuck on a project, it might be useful to offer them support. Just checking in to see if youve completed that report I asked for. Just checking in to make sure youre coming to the meeting. Just checking in did you get this, and are you able to meet with me? When we say just checking in, were trying to soften the real message: Dont ignore me. (Say I apologize for the inconvenience instead) No one likes excuses, and it puts you on the defense. If youre concerned that a task may have fallen through the cracks, start with a little context. You can check in on a friend or family member and let them know youre there for them when theyre ready with this message. It usually means that we dont expect any updates in the email reply, but we want to meet with them in person before we make any final decisions about whats going on. We prefer a more straightforward approach. If your friend is more likely to respond to feelings-based questions ones they can answer with I feel XYZ, rather than recounting events, like I did XYZ and then ABC this may be a good way to go, Anwar says. Whats more, your reader will naturally interpret the expression as a request for their time and attention. Heres what the research says about some of the most popular ones. Send a how-to guide. 13. Any information you provide to Cake, and all communications between you and Cake, Pass along a link to relevant press coverage of one of your highest-profile customers. When its time to follow up, you need an entirely new strategy. Have a look. Heres what the research says about some of the most popular ones. You can easily jump between phone calls, team messaging, and video chats: One of the major benefits of using a service like RingCentral to stay connected with contacts is that it lets you monitor and review your communications so that you can keep improving your teams performance. This link will open in a new window. So lets take a look at some better alternatives to the just checking in email. How do I not say just checking in? You have been successfully subscribed to the Grammarly blog. Although this is a perfectly good reason to check in via email, there are ways to avoid the just checking in language we all dread. Respond on social media. Then we could meet for a 15-minute video walk-through so you can see if [software] is the best solution for you. i just wanted to check. Nothing induces a world-weary sigh from working professionals like a just checking in email. I havent seen any updates from through, and I havent heard from you about it yet.Just checking in for some updates,Mr. Even if they already plan to attend, this is another way to rekindle the conversation. In a professional context, you can send a client or co-worker a link to an article that reminds you of them. This link will open in a new window. If you pray for your friends well-being, you might let them know theyre in your.