Seriously? The point of this issue is that people are under the impression that because Ventoy supports Secure Boot, they will get the same level of "security" booting Secure Boot compliant media through Ventoy as if they had booted that same media directly, which is indeed a fair expectation to have, since the whole point of boot media creation software is to have the converted media behave as close as possible as the original would. Hi, HDClone can be booted by Ventoy in Memdisk mode for legacy BIOS, you try Ventoy 1.0.08 beta2. I made a VHD of an arch installation and installed the vtoyboot mod and it keeps on giving me the no UEFI error. Thank you for your suggestions! The USB partition shows very slow after install Ventoy. Mybe the image does not support X64 UEFI! 7. ia32 . Ventoy TinyCorePure64-13.1.iso does UEFI64 boot OK However, users have reported issues with Ventoy not working properly and encountering booting issues. But, currently, that is not the case at all, which means that, independently of the merits of Secure Boot for this or that type of media (which is a completely different debate altogether), there is a breach of the security contract that the user expects to see enforced and therefore something that needs to be addressed. When user check the Secure boot support option then only run .efi file with valid signature is select. Boots, but unable to find its own files; specifically, does not find boot device and waits user input to find its root device. Thanks a lot. 4. Just like what is the case with Ventoy, I don't have much of an issue with having some leeway, on account that implementing proper signature validation requires some effort, during which unsigned bootloaders may be accepted, so as not inconvenience users too much. Add firmware packages to the firmware directory. First and foremost, disable legacy boot (AKA BIOS emulation). If I am using Ventoy and I went the trouble of enrolling it for Secure Boot, I don't expect it to suddenly flag any unsigned or UEFI bootloader or bootloader with a broken signature, as bootable in a Secure Boot enabled environment. I assume that file-roller is not preserving boot parameters, use another iso creation tool. Any way to disable UEFI booting capability from Ventoy and only leave legacy? You can use these commands to format it: Customizing installed software before installing LM - Linux Mint Forums Maybe the image does not support X64 UEFI" hello everyone Using ventoy, if I try to install the ISO. Does shim still needed in this case? Yet, that is technically what Ventoy does if you enrol it for Secure Boot, as it makes it look like any bootloader, that wasn't signed by Microsoft, was signed by Microsoft. Ventoy Binary Notes: This website is underprovisioned, so please download ventoy in the follows: (remember to check the SHA-256 hash) https://github.com/ventoy/Ventoy/releases Source Code Ventoy's source code is maintained on both Github and Gitee. I don't know why. Many thousands of people use Ventoy, the website has a list of tested ISOs. These WinPE have different user scripts inside the ISO files. Ventoy2Disk.exe always failed to install ? @ventoy I can confirm this, using the exact same iso. legacy - ok Most of modern computers come with Secure Boot enabled by default, which is a requirement for Windows 10 certification process. You can't just convert things to an ISO and expect them to be bootable! Hello , Thank you very very much for your testings and reports. Nierewa Junior Member. I have a solution for this. due to UEFI setup password in a corporate laptop which the user don't know. Delete the Ventoy secure boot key to fix this issue. No bootfile found for UEFI! Open Rufus and select the USB flash drive under "Device" and select Extended Windows 11 Installation under Image option. Please test and tell your opinion. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All. It looks cool. . @ventoy Back Button - owsnyr.lesthetiquecusago.it Well occasionally send you account related emails. but CorePure64-13.1.iso does not as it does not contain any EFI boot files. For these who select to bypass secure boot. It also happens when running Ventoy in QEMU. You answer my questions and then I will answer yours MEMZ.img was listed with no changes for me. I think it's ok as long as they don't break the secure boot policy. 4. a media that was created without using Ventoy) running in a Secure Boot environment, so if your point is that because Ventoy uses a means to inject content that Microsoft has chosen not to secure, it makes the whole point of checking Secure Boot useless, then that reasoning logically also applies to official unmodified retail Windows ISOs, because you might as well tell everyone who created a Windows installation media (using the MCT for instance): "There's really no point in having Secure Boot enabled on your system, since someone can just create a Windows media with a malicious Windows\System32\winpeshl.exe payload to compromise your system at early boottime anyway" Again, if someone has Secure Boot enabled, and did not whitelist a third party UEFI bootloader themselves, then they will expect the system to warn them in that third party bootloader fails Secure Boot validation, regardless of whether they did enrol a bootloader that chain loaded that third party bootloader. 1.0.84 IA32 www.ventoy.net ===> Option 1: Completly by pass the secure boot like the current release. Edit ISO - no UEFI - forums.ventoy.net Would MS sign boot code which can change memory/inject user files, write sectors, etc.? Sign in Even though I copied the Windows 10 ISO to flash drive, which presumably has a UEFI boot image on it, neither of my Vostros would recognize it. When the user select option 1. Main Edition Support. No bootfile found for UEFI, maybe the image doesnt support ia32 uefi However the solution is not perfect enough. *lil' bow* This iso seems to have some problem with UEFI. (I updated to the latest version of Ventoy). Did you test using real system and UEFI64 boot? Error description ventoy maybe the image does not support x64 uefidibujo del sistema nervioso y sus partes para nios ventoy maybe the image does not support x64 uefi. Use UltraISO for example and open Minitool.iso 4. Some modern systems are not compatible with Windows 7 UEFI64 (may hang) Passware.Kit.Forensic.2017.1.1.Win.10-64bit.BootCD.iso - 350 MB Snail LInux , supports UEFI , booting successfully. Yes. Hiren does not have this so the tools will not work. to your account. Please refer: About Fuzzy Screen When Booting Window/WinPE. ventoy maybe the image does not support x64 uefi If you want you can toggle Show all devices option, then all the devices will be in the list. I'm getting the same error when booting "Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-33-1.2.iso" or "pop-os_20.04_amd64_intel_8.iso" on either a new ThinkPad X13 or T14s using Ventoy 1.0.31 UEFI. I'm unable to boot my Windows 10 installer USB in UEFI mode? Discovery and usage of shim protocol of loaded shim binary for global UEFI validation functions (validation policy override with shim verification), Shim protocol unregistration of loaded shim binary (to prevent confusion among shims of multiple vendors and registration of multiple protocols which are handled by different chainloaded shims). plist file using ProperTree. Do NOT put the file to the 32MB VTOYEFI partition. Thnx again. This ISO file doesn't change the secure boot policy. I would also like to point out that I reported the issue as a general remark to help with Ventoy development, after looking at the manner in which Ventoy was addressing the Secure Boot problem (and finding an issue there), rather than as an actual Ventoy user. So, this is debatable. Hi, Hiren's Boot CD can be booted by Ventoy in Memdisk mode, you try Ventoy 1.0.08 beta2. By clicking Sign up for GitHub, you agree to our terms of service and Yes, at this point you have the same exact image as I have. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5NFuDCZQ00 Aporteus which is Arch Linux based version of Porteus , is best , fastest and greatest distro i ever met , it's fully modular , supports bleeding edge techs like zstd , have a tool to very easily compile and use latest version of released or RC kernel directly from kernel.org ( Kernel Builder ) , have a tool to generate daily fresh ISO so all the packages are daily and fresh ( Aporteus ISO Builder ) , you can have multi desktops on a ISO and on boot select whatever you like , it has naturally Copy to RAM feature with flag to copy specific modules only so linux run at huge speed , a lot of tools and softwares along side mini size ISO , and it use very very low ram and ISO size, You can generate ISO with whatever language you like to distro have. I am not using a grub external menu. Click Bootable > Load Boot File. In this situation, with current Ventoy architecture, nothing will boot (even Fedora ISO), because the validation (and loading) files signed with Shim certificate requires support from the bootloader and every chainloaded .efi file (it uses custom protocol, regular EFI functions can't be used. las particiones seran gpt, modo bios On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 12:25 PM Steve Si ***@***. @ventoy You literally move files around and use a text editor to edit theme.text, ventoy.json, and so on. They all work if I put them onto flash drives directly with Rufus. This option is enabled by default since 1.0.76. the main point of Secure Boot is to allow TPM to validate the running system before releasing stored keys, isn't it? Ventoy does support Windows 10 and 11 and users can bypass the Windows 11 hardware check when installing. It was working for hours before finally failing with a non-specific error. I checked and they don't work. Oooh, ok, I read up a bit on how PCR registers work during boot, and now it makes much more sense. Maybe the image does not support x64 uefi. Ventoy supports both BIOS Legacy and UEFI, however, some ISO files do not support UEFI mode. 1.0.84 UEFI www.ventoy.net ===> GRUB mode fixed it! I didn't try install using it though. @ValdikSS Thanks, I will test it as soon as possible. ^^ maybe a lenovo / thinkpad / thinkcentre issue ? Shim itself is signed with Microsoft key. if this issue was addressed), it could probably be Secure Boot signed, in the same manner as UEFI:NTFS was itself Secure Boot signed. gsrd90 New Member. When the user is away again, remove your TPM-exfiltration CPU and place the old one back. Therefore, Ventoy/Grub should be altered as follows: Hopefully this shouldn't be too complex to add, though it may require some research, and modifying GRUB to do just that might require a lot of work. I hope there will be no issues in this adoption. Getting the same error as @rderooy. That is just to make sure it has really written the whole Ventoy install onto the usb stick. ventoy maybe the image does not support x64 uefi 1. They do not provide a legacy boot option if there is a fat partition with an /EFI folder on it. It looks like that version https://github.com/ventoy/Ventoy/releases/tag/v1.0.33 fixes issue with my thinkpad. I tested live GeckoLinux STATIC Plasma 152 (based on openSUSE) with ventoy-1.0.15. Windows 11 21h2 x64 Hebrew - Successfully tested on UFEI. md5sum 6b6daf649ca44fadbd7081fa0f2f9177 en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1909_updated_april_2020_x64_dvd_aa945e0d.iso | 5 GB, en_windows_10_business_editions_version_2004_x64_dvd_d06ef8c5.iso | 5 GB If someone has physical access to a system then Secure Boot is useless period. This is also known as file-rolller. So even when someone physically unplugs my SSD and installs a malicious bootloader/OS to it, it won't be able to decrypt the main OS partition. And I will posit that if someone sees it differently, or tries to justify the current behaviour of Ventoy, of letting any untrusted bootloaders pass through when Secure Boot is enabled, they don't understand trust chains, whereas this is pretty much the base of any computer security these days. That's not at all how I see it (and from what I read above also not @ventoy sees it). Is there a way to force Ventoy to boot in Legacy mode? When user whitelist Venoy that means they trust Ventoy (e.g. Legacy? OpenMandrivaLx.4.0-beta.20200426.7145-minimal.x86_64.iso - 400 MB, en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1909_updated_march_2020_x64_dvd_b193f738.iso | 5 GB Yes, anybody can make a UEFI bootloader that chain loads unsigned bootloaders with the express purpose of defeating Secure Boot. I think it's OK. By clicking Sign up for GitHub, you agree to our terms of service and , ctrl+alt+del . Solved: Cannot boot from UEFI USB - HP Support Community - 6634212 https://nyancat.fandom.com/wiki/MEMZ_Nyan_Cat WinPE10_8_Sergei_Strelec_x86_x64_2019.12.28_English.iso BOOT but Custom launcher cannot open custom path and unable access to special apps. . BIOS Mode Both Partition Style GPT Disk . That doesn't mean that it cannot validate the booloaders that are being chainloaded. DSAService.exe (Intel Driver & Support Assistant). Strelec WinPE) Ctrl+r for ventoy debug mode Ctrl+h or h for help m checksum a file Sorry for the late test. 1.- comprobar que la imagen que tienes sea de 64 bits Tried with archlinux-2021.05.01-x86_64 which is listed as compatible and it is working flawlessly. Ventoy Forums sol-11_3-live-x86.iso | 1.22 GB, gnewsense-live-4.0-amd64-gnome.iso | 1.10 GB, hyperbola-milky-way-v0.3.1-dual.iso | 680 MB, kibojoe-17.09final-stable-x86_64-code21217.iso | 950 MB, uruk-gnu-linux-3.0-2020-6-alpha-1.iso | 1.35 GB, Redcore.Linux.Hardened.2004.KDE.amd64.iso | 3.5 GB, Drauger_OS-7.5.1-beta2-AMD64.iso | 1.8 GB, MagpieOS-Gnome-2.4-Eva-2018.10.01-x86_64.iso | 2.3 GB, kaisenlinuxrolling1.0-amd64.iso | 2.80 GB, chakra-2019.09.26-a022cb57-x86_64.iso | 2.7 GB, Regata_OS_19.1_en-US.x86_64-19.1.50.iso | 2.4 GB. Thank you very much for adding new ISOs and features. It does not contain efi boot files. Forum rules Before you post please read how to get help. 2There are two methods: Enroll Key and Enroll Hash, use whichever one. I'm hoping other people can test and report because it will most likely be a few weeks before this can make it to the top of my priority list @ventoy, are you interested in a proper implementation of Secure Boot support? The Flex image does not support BIOS\Legacy boot - only UEFI64. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mv6Cbew_y8&t=1m13s. # Archlinux minimal Install with btrfs ## Introduction If you don't know about Arch Linux, and willing to learn, then check this post, - [Arch Linux](https://wiki . The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: Please give the exact iso file name. So the new ISO file can be booted fine in a secure boot enviroment. ventoy_x64.efi/ventoy_util_x64.efi ) , they do need digital signatures. @steve6375 I've mounted that partition and deleted EFI folder but it's still recognized as EFI, both in Windows Disk Management and the BIOS, just doesn't boot anymore. I'm not talking about CSM. So, Fedora has shim that loads only Fedoras files. If you have a faulty USB stick, then youre likely to encounter booting issues. | 5 GB, void-live-x86_64-20191109-xfce.iso | 780 MB, refracta10-beta5_xfce_amd64-20200518_0033.iso | 800 MB, devuan_beowulf_3.0.0_amd64_desktop-live.iso | 1.10 GB, drbl-live-xfce-2.6.2-1-amd64.iso | 800 MB, kali-linux-2020-W23-live-amd64.iso | 2.88 GB, blackarch-linux-live-2020.06.01-x86_64.iso | 14 GB, cucumber-linux-1.1-x86_64-basic.iso | 630 MB, BlankOn-11.0.1-desktop-amd64.iso | 1.8 GB, openmamba-livecd-en-snapshot-20200614.x86_64.iso | 1.9 GB, sol-11_3-text-x86.iso | 600 MB Especially, UEFI:NTFS is not a SHIM, and I don't maintain a set of signatures that I allow binaries signed with through. Now, if Microsoft finally relinquished their abusive policy about not accepting GPLv3 code for Secure Boot signing and Ventoy was updated not to allow unsigned bootloaders when Secure Boot is enabled (i.e. Fedora-Security-Live-x86_64-Rawhide-20200526.n.0 - 1.95 GB, guix-system-install-1.1.0.x86_64-linux.iso - 550 MB, ipfire-2.25.x86_64-full-core143.iso - 280 MB, SpringdaleLinux-8.1-x86_64-netinst.iso - 580 MB, Acronis.True.Image.2020.v24.6.1.25700.Boot.CD.iso - 690 MB, O-O.BlueCon.Admin.17.0.7024.WinPE.iso - 480 MB, adelie-live-x86_64-1.0-rc1-20200202.iso - 140 MB, fhclive-USB-2019.02_kernel-4.4.178_amd64.iso - 450 MB, MiniTool.Partition.Wizard.Technician.WinPE.11.5.iso - 390 MB, AOMEI.Backupper.Technician.Plus.5.6.0_UEFI.iso - 380 MB, O-O.DiskImage.Professional.14.0.321.WinPE.iso - 380 MB, EaseUS.Data.Recovery.Wizard.WinPE.13.2.iso - 390 MB, Active.Boot.Disk.15.0.6.x64.WinPE.iso - 400 MB, Active.Data.Studio.15.0.0.Boot.Disk.x64.iso - 550 MB, EASEUS.Partition.Master.13.5.Technician.Edition.WinPE.x64.iso - 500 MB, Macrium_Reflect_Workstation_PE_v7.2.4797.iso - 280 MB, Paragon.Hard.Disk.Manager.Advanced.17.13.1.x64.WinPE.iso - 400 MB, Passware.Kit.Forensic.2017.1.1.Win.10-64bit.BootCD.iso - 350 MB, orel-2.12.22-26.12.2019_13.14.livecd.iso - 1.1 GB, rocksolid-signage-release-installer-1.13.4-1.iso - 1.3 GB, manjaro-kde-20.0-rc3-200422-linux56.iso - 3 GB, OpenStage-2020.03-xfce4-x86_64.iso - 1.70 GB, resilientlinux-installer-amd64-2.2.iso - 2.20 GB, virage-beowulf-3.0-x86-64-UEFI-20191110_1146.iso - 1.30 GB, BlackWeb-Unleashed.19.11-amd64.hybrid.iso - 3 GB, yunohost-stretch-3.6.4.6-amd64-stable.iso - 400 MB, OpenMandrivaLx.4.2-snapshot-plasma.x86_64.iso - 2.10 GB relativo a la imagen iso a utilizar It should be specially noted that, no matter USB drive or local disk, all the data will be lost after install Ventoy, please be very careful. I see your point, this CorePlus ISO is indeed missing that EFI file. Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer. Have a question about this project? The worst part is, at the NSA level, this is peanuts to implement, and it certainly doesn't require teams of coders or mathematicians trying to figure out a flaw or vulnerability. Open net installer iso using archive manager in Debian (pre-existing system). I can 3 options and option 3 is the default. SB works using cryptographic checksums and signatures. Maybe the image does not support X64 UEFI! I will test it in a realmachine later. If Secure Boot is enabled, signature validation of any chain loaded, If the signature validation fails (i.e. Some questions about using KLV-Airedale - Page 4 - Puppy Linux You need to create a directory with name ventoy and put ventoy.json in this directory(that is \ventoy\ventoy.json). The main issue is that users should at least get some warning that a bootloader failed SB validation when SB is enabled, instead of just letting everything go through. Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. Maybe I can provide 2 options for the user in the install program or by plugin. Have you tried grub mode before loading the ISO? Feedback is welcome If your tested hardware or image file is not listed here, please tell me and I will be glad to add it to the table here. The program can be used to created bootable USB media from a variety of image formats, including ISO, WIM, IMG and VHD. Well occasionally send you account related emails. debes desactivar secure boot en el bios-uefi An encoding issue, perhaps (for the text)? for the suggestions. The easiest thing to do if you don't have a UEFI-bootable Memtest86 ISO is to extract the \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi file and just copy that to your Ventoy drive. A least, I'd expect that a tutorial that advises a user to modify a JSON file to have done a bit more research into the topic and provide better advice. I'll fix it. I adsime that file-roller is not preserving boot parameters, use another iso creation tool. Are you using an grub2 External Menu (F6)? Ventoy supports ISO, WIM, IMG, VHD(x), EFI files using an exFAT filesystem. It says that no bootfile found for uefi. The MISO_EFI partition contains only 1 folder called "efi" and another folder in it called "boot" which contains a single file called "bootx64.efi.". Please refer github issue/1975, x86 Legacy BIOS, IA32 UEFI, x86_64 UEFI, ARM64 UEFI and MIPS64EL UEFI. It was actually quite the struggle to get to that stage (expensive too!) Thank you! I'll try looking into the changelog on the deb package and see if With ventoy, you don't need to format the disk over and over, you just need to copy the ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD (x)/EFI. snallinux-.6-x86_64.iso - 1.40 GB Astra Linux , supports UEFI , booting successfully. Test these ISO files with Vmware firstly. Results when tested on different models\types of x86 computers - amount of RAM, make/model, latest BIOS? https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro/storage/kde/, https://abf.openmandriva.org/platforms/cooker/products/4/product_build_lists/3250, https://abf.openmandriva.org/product_build_lists, chromeos_14816.99.0_reven_recovery_stable-channel_mp-v2.bin, https://github.com/rescuezilla/rescuezilla/releases/download/2.4/rescuezilla-2.4-64bit.jammy.iso, https://nyancat.fandom.com/wiki/MEMZ_Nyan_Cat, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mv6Cbew_y8&t=1m13s, https://mega.nz/folder/TI8ECBKY#i89YUsA0rCJp9kTClz3VlA. Google for how to make an iso uefi bootable for more info. However, Ventoy can be affected by anti-virus software and protection programs. You signed in with another tab or window. privacy statement. Yes, I already understood my mistake. Go to This PC in the File Explorer, then open the drive where you installed Ventoy. Secure Boot was supported from Ventoy 1.0.07, an option for secure boot is added in Ventoy2Disk.exe/Ventoy2Disk.sh. Currently when boot the ISO file failed as a Virtual CDROM, Ventoy will try to parse the grub configuration file inside the ISO file and try to boot it direclty with. wifislax64-2.1-final.iso - 2 GB, obarun-JWM-2020.03.01-x86_64.iso - 1.6 GB, MiniTool_Partition_Wizard_10.2.3_Technician_WinPE.iso - 350 MB, artix-cinnamon-s6-20200210-x86_64.iso - 1.88 GB, Parrot-security-4.8_x64.iso - 4.03 GB if the, When the user is away, clone the encrypted disk and replace their existing CPU with the slightly altered model (after making sure to clone the CPU serial). Google for how to make an iso uefi bootable for more info. Then your life is simplified to Persistence management while each of the 2 (Ventoy or SG2D) provide the ability to boot Windows if it is installed on any local . @ventoy, I've tested it only in qemu and it worked fine. P.S. Reply. arnaud. Some commands in Ventoy grub can modify the contents of the ISO and must be disabled for users to use on their own under secure boot. Ventoy is an open source tool that lets you create a bootable USB drive for ISO files. These WinPE have different user scripts inside the ISO files. The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: Please test this ISO file with VirtualMachine(e.g. Ventoy Version 1.0.78 What about latest release Yes. Remain what in the install program Ventoy2Disk.exe . ***> wrote: All the .efi/kernel/drivers are not modified. Best Regards. puedes poner cualquier imagen en 32 o 64 bits @ventoy I have tested on laptop Lenovo Ideapad Z570 and Memtest86-4.3.7.iso and ipxe.iso gived same error but with additional information: netboot.xyz-efi.iso (v2.0.17), manjaro-gnome-20.0.3-200606-linux56.iso, Windows10_PLx64_2004.iso worked fine. Freebsd has some linux compatibility and also has proprietary nvidia drivers. then there is no point in implementing a USB-based Secure Boot loader.