I have no idea who to contact, the American Legion that I am involved, well they are all older and not sure they would know about this, maybe you can point me in the right direction thanks. I would like to know why the airforce men at a base in Bangkok, Thialand are being turned down for disability claims on agent orange exposure . I care about all young and old. Both the Va and Sen.Levins office called me about this and said it was in the highest level. Nexus Letters are letters from a veteran's current physician (s) stating their medical opinion regarding the service-connection of a veteran's condition (s). to this date, i submitted a claim in on feb 3, 2010 in for numerous illness, and have contacted my congressman john lewis for help. Total Disability Individual Unemployability. As of the writing of this letter, still no reply. When my husband left the military in 2000 he was still snoring loudly until he went to the doctor to check his swollen uvula sometime in 2002. According to the recent VA disability rate benefit adjustment of December 1, 2021, Veterans with sleep apnea connected to tinnitus could receive benefits at the following rates: A 30% rating yields $467.39 per month. Therefore, we are out in the middle of nowhere. I need to talk about it and she needs to hear it. Click to Read Davidson v. Shinseki, 581 F.3d 1313 (Fed. One to two pages is ideal but not a hard and fast rule. We attempted to resuscitate her but were unsuccessful. I work on this 24/7 due to righteousness and fair play. Go to the website at http://www.vqlan.org Good luck! But My case is still open! I was told by a military lawyer to keep fighting. 48 months of toxic herbicide, has placed one foot in my grave and another on a banana peel. Top 10 Questions About Military Sexual Trauma (MST). 251 North Main Street I also had documented abnormalities even when I was active duty. Using a highlighter to highlight relevant diagnosis and injuries in my MIL med records seemed to work great. Examples Templates. I have sinutits, had surgery where they reamed out my nasal canal with a high speed reamer, I looke like Michael Jackson, no shit! It is not known what happened to the breeder of Rebel Starfighter Prime or why Galactic Magic Seeds is no longer available. See 38 U.S.C.A. VA Buddy Letter Tips with Buddy Statement Examples - YouTube Yes theyre should be someone to research these claims and missions without the proper papertrail. Think about it. Want to see a real VA lay statement example? The claims adjudicator also completely ignored all my treatments for sinusitis. Ask for your military medical record if you do not have any copies of ir (i hope you do) and go to the nearest VA place to submit the claim. Now, although your wife statement may be credible, it doesn't carry much weight as does a nexus statement from tour doctor. 2. I served on the Enterprise and wanted to know what where some of her findings about the ship. This letter can be typed up on a word document, but it must be dated and signed by the spouse writing it. 49, 53 (1990). so now i have to go through the apeal and no telling how long that will take. Vietnam Veterans: Is Your Medical Condition on the Agent Orange Presumptive List? From 1986 thru 2007 I kept my claim of sinusits alive by new material evidence, appeals, de novo reviews and anything else I could think of. I read that they can get claims decided a lot faster if you have a qualified medical professional MD, PhD etc,. When determining whether to obtain a buddy letter, consider the specifics of your case and the information needed to substantiate it. Thanks. If you are not familiar with secondary conditions. Why? He began throwing things and hiding under tables. I am also having those close to me and those who I have worked with write letters as well stating how these have had an affect on me. I love it. As a Veteran Coach with VA Claims Insider, I deal with dozens of clients who suspect they have sleep apnea. Getting a spousal letter supporting sleep apnea is a great way to get this lay evidence. I served on active duty in the Navy aboard an aircraft carrier from November 1979 to November 1983. Important: Medicalevidenceof a link to a current condition is still needed to establish SC. Difficult to get a rating for OSA years after active duty (development). Agent Orange Presumptive List In this guide, well explore the topic of Agent Orange and its long-lasting impact on millions of Vietnam veterans. I recently submitted a claim for sleep apnea secondary to PTSD with the assistance of the Disabled American Veteran's org (DAV). Hey my brothers our true salvation is waiting for us beyond this earth. I have service connection as I said for Asthma, COPD, allergic rhinitis and sinusitis. This is not the first time Ive heard this erroneous claim from a veteran service officer who is not educated in the law but instead shilling for the agency by spreading dysinfo myths. Sign it in a few clicks. He refused to see a psychologist because he insisted he could care for himself and went back to work as a chef. 50 percent disability rating: $1,041.82 per month. She didnt want it. Maybe you can help me out. By the way, the QTC doctor spent maybe 3-5 minutes with me, did no examination, and asked for no health history. A nexus letter is a letter simply states that your sleep apnea is as likely as not to have been caused by your service-connected PTSD, or another service-connected condition. Along that same time frame, VA did not have money to pay claims. I appreciate any help anyone may have. Many VA hospitals and clinics have in-house SOs from the DAV, state, etc to help guide you. There has been no problem of these past filed Russian language claims over the past 5 years. with over 20 years of Service and while I was filling up the paperwork to get Promoted to E-9. RELATED: Veteran Shocked By Disability Rating Reduction 70 To 0 Percent. Before we deployed, John was always cracking jokes and writing his wife. ask for referrals to see other doctors if you need to. Click to Read Jandreau v. Nicholson, 492 F.3d 1372, 1377 (Fed. Veterans, this is why I founded VA Claims Insider. This is very depressing:-(. Main Office Bross & Frankel, P.A. 3.303(b) by (a) evidence of (i) the existence of a chronic disease in service or during an applicable presumption period under 38 C.F.R. Journalist. It requires several key components, service connection, medical diagnosis, and some proof of life impact or how this disability affects you today. Currently 90% sc and had to retire early do to my sc disabilities. I have working with the VFW, however, they have had quite a bit of turnover, and the person helping me, more or less files the forms and really doesnt give me any guidance. It goes on and on. I never attempted to file any claims all these years until Sept 7, 2011. Brian Reeseis a VA benefits expert, author of the #1 Amazon Bestseller You Deserve It: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Veteran Benefits Youve Earned, andfounder of VA Claims InsiderThe Most Trusted Name in Education-Based Resources for Veterans.. We need an IG inspection to just wipe out a many that0is just qorking for and oinly a paycheck. I am now 100% and also the Post Service Officer with The American Legion Post 147 of Jasper Indiana. He isolated himself from everyone: me, his niece, his friends, and his siblings. Domestic Violence Records can be helpful if it describes your behavior bizarre crazy off his/her medication When I finally found some stability I tried giving it a second shot. Finally received their ruling two weeks ago. In this post, I provide veterans with a real VA lay statement example. The Holy Grail: An EASY Path to Proving Sleep Apnea is Service I found the link below during a google search for VA comp attorneys. OTC performs 2 Sample Nexus Letter For Sleep Apnea (How to write) Do you have any advice for me. if they provide any salary compensation letter. 02. 3. Here is just one of them. A wife competently describes the onset of noticeable changes in her husbands behavior when he returns from a combat zone, but she cannot attribute those behavioral differences to combat or state he has PTSD unless she is medically qualified to do so or was present when the diagnosis was given. When there is an approximate balance of positive and negative evidence regarding any issue material to the determination of a matter, the Secretary shall give the benefit of the doubt to the claimant. And I did not receive no back retro pay and no increase in my service disability. I took letters from generals that I worked for in the Air Force. Thanks In Advance. I did not do the Form 9 because my advocate retired, and he did not turn my file over to someone. Thanks again and Regards A 50% rating yields $958.44 per month. Contact Us Now (888) 883-2483 . They have a Duty to Assist. "Buddy letters" are lay statements provided in support of a veteran's claim for VA disability benefits. I have been seeing my private physician for many years and have been approved for several service connected disability but all of a sudden I need to go to one of their doctors. (DO NOT OPEN IN MAIL ROOM) Here is another cramp I live with, where mustard on the cramping muscle, dont work. I was 10% SC for hypertension but not snoring. When it comes to sleep apnea, there are several types that you can qualify under. I submitted my claim online in May 2010 (received a confirmation number) and inquired in Aug 2010 only be told that the claim have been erroneously closed and would be reopened. My husbands health has gone down the toilet since ETS. Statements from a spouse are rarely effective. PTSD can turn a friendly, outgoing person into a withdrawn loner. How they come to this conclusion is beyond me, because as far as I know I didnt know you could joint the military as a cancer patient. The VA does not care about the Vet now or never. Contact those organizations also on your behalf. We were trained from day one to DENY, DENY, DENY at any level possible. Click Go Elite Now below to get started today and a member of our team will be in touch within minutes. VA court Sleep apnea now a rated disability Roswell Daily. When you need Ptsd Buddy Letter From Wife, don't accept anything less than the USlegal brand. They were the ones who loaded and unloaded the canisters of agent orange. Learn why a VA Nexus Letter for PTSD can make the difference between winning and losing your VA Compensation claim. Phone: 336 631-5457 There are several factors that lead to the onset of sleep apnea. Instead, it sounds like you are spreading the dysinfo many regional offices put out there to discourage veterans. He was also paranoid and reactive. I started reevaluation in Dec 09. Even better, use his or her letterhead to write it. 163. Perhaps to save you all hiring lawyers try using the VET organizations like VFW , Order of the Purple Heart or American Legion most have offices at VA centers stop in and talk to one of them they are very helpful and can help you out. He has weeks or so where he seems like his old self before randomly turning into someone I dont recognize. So I want to impart some of what I did- hopefully it would someone case here and Hello fellow vets, First time posting and I had been denied by the VA since 2006 for reason the sleep apnea is not service connected. According to the law, service connection may be granted for a disability resulting from disease or injury incurred in or aggravated by service. This type of sleep apnea occurs when your throat muscles intermittently relax and block your airway during sleep. I cant stress it enough do it as soon as possible, I have sleep apnea and i use a seep apnea machine every night for over a year now,and i applied for disability for sleep disorder and i was denied,i have recently reapplied for it,do you think that i will receive it now .Mary, I Serve ten year in the military I was diagnose with sleep anea but they say it not service LOL, this John B sounds like the same F**ktard spewing his hatred of veterans all over facebook. GO FIGURE. When the Veteran suffers the whole family suffers and it is not fair to the family to have to struggle to take care of the veteran when the VA Government should be providing for them without all of the red tape. I requested my other doctor to write a letter for the VA but he requested that I give him a sample letter that would be sufficient in wording for the VA, and he would be more than willing to help me out. A few years ago, prior to the PTSD diagnoses, I was diagnosed with mixed (central, and obstructive) sleep apnea. It can turn a calm, easygoing person into a powder keg. It was my Teams SOP to only give 30 day windows-regardless of what category of evidence we were requestingthen the claim can be denied on the basis of failure-to-prosecute. As of this date (2/8/2011) I am still awaiting. Generally speaking, buddy letters should discuss the objective events and symptoms as they were observed by the author rather than speculation about diagnoses and their respective causes. Plastic or resin containers are usually reasonably priced and large enough for indeterminate tomatoes, but fabric containers, Tips for Successful Tomato Farming in Hot and Humid Climates, Tomato farming in hot and humid climates can be a challenge, but with the right preparation and care, you can still have a successful harvest. I was sent asap a form letter to sign to give him the permission he and his staff needed. VA Nexus Letter; Footer. The code on your DD Form 214 might be alerting your potential employers I filed a CUE claim on the asthma which was granted in 1988, with an initial rating to date of discharge of 10% and then a 30% rating from date of the approved CUE. This is where the spousal letter comes into play. Maybe an email from you with subject: Dont Tread on Me may encourage me: kelleykents (at)(gee)mail(dot)com Thanks for caring. Veterans Quality of Life Access Network Inc. The fruit typically ranges from 8 to 10 ounces and is smooth with no blemishes or cracks. At the appointment, the VAs ENT (ear, nose and throat) examiner told me the VA had conceded service-connection for the sinusitis before even beginning his exam. I and someone with legal status added up my percentage through Federal Code of Regulations 38 and came up with percentage of 86. Knowing where to start when filing your first disability compensation claim is daunting, and this quick article with my own sample will help ease your anxiety. My husband was in the USAF from 1986-1990. during that time he was stationed in the Phillipines. Sample Letter To VA For . I used a layperson statement in my own disability claim on numerous occasions and successfully fought VA on my own case before I became a lawyer. I have no language interpreter today and no American group or person to assist. This is not to say that VA regards buddy letters and buddy statements from a wife and medical evidence equally, but the information provided in a buddy letter can shape the medical evidence used to decide the claim, including providing the foundation upon which a medical opinion is based. If accepted into our ELITE membership program, youll get free up-front access and permission to use $13,119 worth of proprietary VA claim resources, including access to our network of independent medical professionals for medical examinations, disability evaluations, and credible Medical Nexus Letters, which could help you get a HIGHER VA rating in LESS time. Sample Letter for Spouse Signature - US Legal Forms In 2009, I started my fight again for my benefits. Buddy letters | Stateside Legal This claim letter is a very good example of how to write one for my son, a Marine combat veteran. He or she is the only one who can give an medical (rationale) opinion, only after reviewing your smr's . I wrote another notice of disagreement because my IBS problem was effecting me in asspects of my life, job, chruch and even travling and sometimes being late. To update this-I finely got my claims corrected with much effort and the help of Sen.Levins office. Send a letter and be short, concise in what the problem is and why you need help. Writing Convincing VA Statements in Support of Claim. Here is what I have done, I ask my VFW rep to provide me with a letter specifically what to state on her letter for my claim, he told me he would give IRON CLAD, evidence to win my case. See 38 C.F.R. left side of the screenthere it is folks!! Referencing. I have been working as a VSO for 3 yrs and i came across various atrocities. and apply it to my case. What Makes a Good Buddy Statement? (Includes Example) These changes should include at least some of the symptoms of sleep apnea. A well-written statement or buddy statement can be the difference between a grant of service connection for your VA claim and a denial. So I am waiting to see what she says is true that means he got approved in the matter of months. The spousal letter should have a flow to it. The only time it saved me from the body fat measurement was my thick neck of 17.5 inches. Is anyone aware of a manner to not get into that long grind? However, a year later, we attended a neighborhood party on the 4th of July. I have shrapnel in my right knee from a grenade that got me just outside of Camp Dobol and the nightmares from the bodies in mass grave sites. In 2009, I was awarded service connection for the COPD, and because I was on oxygen I was granted 100%. Since 2016, VA Claims Insider has helped thousands of Veterans just like you get the VA rating and compensation they deserve in less time. I would rather die which I will do as a result of malpractice at the hands of an incompetent foreign doctor in the VA emergency room, than to go thru this arduous and torturous dog and horse show and reems of paperwork to add to my misery before I die and then wait an enormous amount of time which I do not now have thanks to the VA uncaring attitude. A spousal letter for sleep apnea, which documents what your spouse has witnessed over the years, and the approximate dates he/she noticed your sleep apnea symptoms began in-service IS lay evidence. Okay, what does all this mean for your VA claim? Its very discouring to see that applications are routinely denied and delayed, sometimes until the time that the applicant is deceased. They make so many mistakes and if the info was in, and it wasnt reviewed properly and a erroneous disability determination was determined, that is a mistake they made. www. Click on Trace Your Claim As I tell all my clients, just having a condition does not merit a disability rating from the VA. The way the VA is, Im guessing I will be needing legal counsel shortly. When we request some types of evidence, claimants get 60 days to respond-other types of evidence we only give 30 days. Brian Reese here, Air Force service-disabled Veteran and Founder @ VA Claims Insider. CALL US TO GET STARTED (800) 800-3332. . Hi worked as a computer faculty in before some time, now i want to salary compensation from That computer institute, in previous i took salary through cash. My own VA Psychiastrist says I am unemployable because of PTSD, and gave me the lowest score for disability which says on paper at the VA I suffer from severe PTSD, Hearing and Tintinitus plus vertigo which I receive 20% on. I have fought since 1979 for a VA Disability Rating. I have a compressed vertebra due to streptomycin given to me from TB 42 Sleep Apnea Secondary Conditions SECRETS NEW. I will say this,they were prompt and very nice in responses. Can I Write A Personal Statement in Support of My VA Claim? I live in Anderson, IN The most trusted name in education-based resources for Veterans. I was not born with this. There must be significant proof to get a successful VA claim these days (as there . I know what you my fellow comrades are going through. Things are still not the same between us, but I hope treatment will help him find the peace he needs to heal. There are some nasty habits in VA that are part of the institutional culture. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex-XxP23x38. Winston-Salem, NC 27155 PDF Sample Letter Requesting Documents From Lawyer "To whom it may concern, Thank you. E-Mail: [emailprotected]. Fortunately, the VA offers sleep studies to veterans who may be suffering Top 5 Reasons for Obstructive Sleep Apnea Claim Denials (Plus OSA Service Connection Tips) Was your obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) VA claim denied? Youll be glad you did. Since 2016, VA Claims Insider has helped thousands of Veterans just like you get the VA rating and compensation they deserve in less time. I had a hearing with a judge and my VSO back in May 2007 and have still not had a denial or approval for my claim. (SGM) About a year later the VA gave me 100% SC (but not P&T). Stan download the va disability question are for respiratory ailments at va.gov website. Lay persons are competent to provide evidence regarding things they have personally observed, including symptoms that are capable of lay observation and when those symptoms occurred. 3.102. Because of gigantic budget cuts which are imminent and will be pushed for by the Republicans. Ben, can i ask where you found the information on the epa reports and such for the buildings you were stationed in? Spouse or May 11th, 2018 - How to Write a Visa Invitation Letter for Australia Tourist Subclass 600 Visa Spouse or Partner . Proving service connection for these is very hard, because the doctors never diagnosed, or documented. to this date, i have lost my wife and kids from dealing with my siutation that the military discharged me with no help. U S Army retired SSgt 101st Airborne Division, Fort Camnpbell, Kentucky 1972. I have been trying for 41 years to get what is owed to me, as well as the rest of my brothers who served there country, during those dreadful years. It is so sick that when a claimant dies while waiting to get paid, that is a good case to workeasy points. I strongly agree that only vets care about vets. Even children know of his fakeness. How to Claim Sleep Apnea Secondary to PTSD - Rep for Vets Spouse's Statement - VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims Daniel Lawson, Sfc US Army Retired. It takes 60 days for Red Rocket tomatoes to reach maturit, Growing Tomatoes in Containers: Essential Tips for a Successful Harvest, Growing tomatoes in containers is a great way to enjoy homegrown fruits and vegetables without taking up too much space. Veterans with service-connected sleep apnea will receive a rating of 0, 30, 50, or 100. This event took place in the US Army back in 1971. Now, through researching and this awesome website I have learned I need a letter from my doc to tie in my service connected conditions to SA. If you were EVER in prison as a result to your mental illness after you served, use those records including any release conditions- must see psych or be violate, must take medication be violated, those conditions.. Jerel L. York, National Pre-Discharge Claims Representative He started my process for me and also got back my VA benefits. In this example, the brother of a veteran is writing on behalf of his brother with PTSD. We know the pain of feeling stuck, frustrated, and alone, and we want to make this process as easy and painless as possible for you. I am fortunate I type 80 WPM which helps my cause. I have looked online for basic spouse buddy letter . The use of medication to be put on bottle and VA requirement, but not enforced. PDF Buddy Statements For Sleep Apnea - J & J Spring Enterprises In 2010 I was granted 30% for my IBS. Whether you live in Las Cruces or Atlanta, there are a few steps you can take to ensure your tomato plants survive the heat and continue producing. Westley Thomas / USMC / Vietnam Veteran 1966-1968. Estimate your 2023 VA Rating & Compensation for FREE! Well, things got rolling with my new advocate and talking with someone at the Regional Office, I ended up getting 70%, because in 2005 I should of received 50% and then 70%, so of course I received a good amount of back pay. PDF Sleep Apnea Fact Sheet - Veterans Affairs Should I apply for Sleep Apnea on its own or is this way good enough? A year or so later, John received a DUI and was forced to attend substance abuse meetings. DOCKET NO. When filing a VA disability claim, former military service members can fill out the VA Form 21-4138, also known as the Statement in Support of Claim.This is a multi-purpose form that has been used by the VA for many years, on which veterans are able to write any information . I had a sleep study done at Willford Hall, Lackland AFB. I first filed back in 2008 and due to being homeless I missed one of the required appointments. So, the form was not filed. the va had done x-rays and mris and the va apointed doctor stated that basically this guys back is beyond repair. Discover Tomato Varieties: While Galactic Magic Seeds is No Longer Available, There's Still Plenty of Variety for Your Garden, Galactic Magic Seeds was a website that offered tomato seeds from various breeders, including Rebel Starfighter Prime. where do you live? Amber, Virginia. He didnt speak to anyone, he showed up late to assigned duty locations, and he got into a few fist fights with other soldiers. We also connect veterans with independent medical professionals in our referral network for medical examinations, disability evaluations, and credible independent medical opinions and nexus statements (medical nexus letters) for a wide range of disability conditions. The VA rates Sleep apnea in terms of percentage points, from 0% (acknowledging that you have sleep apnea but it doesn't impact your ability to earn a living) to 100% . I have had some amount of experience with the C&P folks, and it has been my experience that it is always to your benefit to include a reference to every single visit to any doctor, hospital, clinic, dispensary, etc., including military, VA and civilian facilities. Conditions are automatically considered service-connected . Then start the NOD. If youve heard anything about the VA Claim process before, you know that youll need outside evidence to get what you deserve for your VA claim. I put in a claim for my left lung. The new PTSD rules cover combat veterans. Were here for disabled veterans exploring eligibility for increased VA disability benefits and who wish to learn more about that process. Provide this to yourVSO or attorney to help begin the process, whether on appeal or filing a new claim or anywhere in between. Now think about this.. The only thing I know is the way I feel and the way they aggravate it. The NEXUS letter is a written medical opinion by a qualified medical provider specifically regarding the veteran's injury/disability in question. I say only to defend you and your family because obviously this govenerment cares nothing about their Veterans, especially those that are senior citizens now. Unfortunately, the website appears to be down and it is unclear if this is temporary or permanent. Hello, So just be steadfast unmovable always abounding in the Lord. My question is should I put in the dates of future appointments or just my past appointments and since I have already been classified at a percentage do I write my letter from just the point from the first percentage rating. Did you know that sleep apnea, has been medically proven to be a secondary to. Get the new rep to push the fact that the VA made a mistake and didnt do the right thing. They screwed up the address again. Image that one! It should clearly describe how he or she knows the veteran and for the length of time. About six months ago, I was searching the Web where somehow I found a prepared Sworn Declaration Statement letter. on Top of screenstrode all the way downcheck out their filing system. 471 (1994). . My husband was almost killed and he gets nothing. Getting a spousal letter supporting sleep apnea is a great way to get this lay evidence. "The Forms Professionals Trust . We are the disability experts. A current co-workers statement in support of a claim describing the severity of your current PTSD symptoms IS lay evidence. Now, I am just trying to understand, that it is a lawyer and not VSO rep., correct??? For example, if your service records include a diagnosed . It is evident, in most cases , the dependent survivors have to eat dirt. Russell ONeal: I would like to know if some one can advise me on how to proceed.