If youre an owner, what do you do to get your moneys worth? I brought up the fact that investing that $60k into an index fund or real estate fund instead would give me two things that a timeshare would not. Any suggestions? You speak to a friendly timeshare repwho asks you how you like to travel, how many nights a year you travel, how much you pay per hotel night (on average), and how many years you plan to travel. ST38921; California CST#2114968; Indiana C.P.D Reg. A major purchase you are quite likely to regret. Its true that the maintenance fees you pay in exchange for a week or two at a nice resort might represent a good value, but if youre only vacationing a week or two a year, youll never go anywhere that doesnt have a resort that your vacation package qualifies for. Advertiser partners include American Express, Bank of America, Barclaycard, Chase, Citibank, Discover, U.S. Bank, and Wells Fargo. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I will admit it is tougher today with rising costs but in a down market like we are entering now, it is possible as these corporations want sales #s. timeshare presentation deals 2021 cancun. Have You Read My Top Blog Posts from 2018? They do not offer any discounts to Hilton honors members. Well, he came back on the phone and said he would refund my deposit and I would owe zero. Glad to hear they worked with you. , They do compensate you for attending, I find the marketing tactics to be interesting, and I now have unlimited vacation time.. This is why: https://travelwithgrant.boardingarea.com/2019/04/17/keep-cancel-or-convert-american-express-hilton-aspire-credit-card-450-annual-fee/. Do research about timeshares before you consider buying one, many good blogs out there with info on the different companies, pros, cons, etc. If thats the case, I suggest you study the ins and outs well both before and after the presentation. They said you guys would love the opportunity, if for nothing else, then to let us hear about the benefits we have. We cant really project that forward, though, since our kids will be in high school before long, and that will greatly impact our ability to travel, assuming they attend a brick and mortar school. Were you treated professionally? Experience Westin Vacation Club and luxury timeshare ownership. Hilton Grand Vacations is not responsible for any representations made by third-party developers/sellers. Unfortunately, those 60 minutes can easily slide into 90, and then 120, or maybe even 150 minutes. Id like to review my past experiences, let you know what to expect, and provide you with some tactics to help you get to No, which is almost assuredly the correct answer. Timeshare presentations obviously understand that mindset. THIS MATERIAL IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING TIMESHARE INTERESTS located in the U.S., BARBADOS, MEXICO, SCOTLAND AND JAPAN. info andaz All other charges, taxes, expenses, and the cost of travel are your sole responsibility and not included in this special rate. wildlife, Copyright 2023 Mauihacks |Privacy Policy, Affiliate Disclaimer: Your support helps keep the site running! Do Not Sell My Personal Information. I can sell the Newport week regularly for $2500/week. I said we came because your front desk people said it didnt matter if we were interested or not. We were treated rudely because we didnt purchase That rules out at least 99% of the places you could be staying when you factor in hotels, homes and apartments via airbnb or VRBO, and non-timeshare resorts. Full disclosure: I have only been to 3 timeshare presentations in my life (Hilton Elara in Las Vegas, Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas in Maui, and Hilton Waikoloa Village in Kona), so I am no timeshare expert. wailea-makena However, If youve got ample time, find marketing tactics intriguing, and can get something worth a couple hundred bucks or more, then theyre probably worth checking out. Thank you for your concern about my karma. The inventory manager comes in and tells you that they have a perfect room for you, that just came available and that there is a promotion for this unit. The ride was a little choppy at the beginning, so if you get seasick, I recommend taking some medicine prior to boarding. No matter how much you might like the person trying to sell it to you, remind yourself that this person repeatedly sells overpriced packages to people who dont need them. I wanted to stay the week of July 4th (something I disclosed when I booked the offer originally) I was told there would be holiday fees plus high season fees. Timeshare Promotions How To Get a Timeshare Westgate Timeshare Reviews Sign up for special offers and coupon codes Name Email Subscribe Need Help? I told the last front desk crew that they would have to offer me $12,000 to do a visit again. That use-it-or-lose-it feature is actually a very good thing for the type of people that might never take a vacation if it wasnt already prepaid. That's when we bought, so obviously we liked what we heard. In regards to all the questions they ask you about your travel spending habits, what are your thoughts on just declining politely to answer their questions? What else do we have in this life, but time, as a precious currency? According to their website, they offer over 50 resorts, 4,000+ Marriott hotels, and 3,000+ affiliated resorts. Maui Timeshares Purchase. If married or living together, couples must attend sales presentation together; individuals may purchase separately. Write to: The timeshare investment, on the other hand, especially when purchased at full price at a presentation, will likely have lost most of its value before youve even used it once. In 10 or 20 years, my $60,000 investment might be worth double or quadruple, and I can sell at any time. In order to secure my spot I had to leave a non-refundable deposit of $399 with the remainder due at checkin. Get a 1% yield bump on your first investment in commercial real estate, Earn easy 1099 income with quick surveys for healthcare professionals with InCrowd, Register with All Global Circle and receive a bonus of up to $50, This website uses cookies to improve your experience. It never really felt high pressure though. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. During your vacation, you'll attend a Personal Preview, an approximately two-hour sales presentation and tour that will introduce you to the many benefits and privileges of vacation ownership with Hilton Grand Vacations. When you sit down for the actual timeshare presentation, expect to be engaged in conversation. Thats when I encoutered my first issue. Very clever article; but was its was full of hate for time sale salespeople? Asking at the front desk may not be necessary. They always are, it seems, and I highly doubt they paid full asking price. I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve, but am looking to apply for a hotel credit card for the purpose of discounted accommodations, timeshare presentation offers, etc. I own no time share. restaurants But we have done several of these hotel chain timeshare presentations and have found a way to make the process quite short. Having control of lodging for 6-12 people allowed us to invite family and friends on all of our trips. Answer 31 of 45: We are going to Maui in April and wanted to know if timeshares offer presentations. Amaze at the view of the Palm Jumeirah from The Observatory restaurant on the 52nd floor or relax your senses at Saray Spa. Boy you are very forgiving and understanding. To illustrate this point, I want to tell you about my 2 timeshare presentations in Hawaii last week. Vacation Promotion Offer Complete the Form & Get A Call Back Even During Non Business Hours. Weekdays tend to require fewer points than weekends. For a full description of our privacy policy, please,click here. . Timeshares are expensive, particularly in somewhere as lovely as Maui. THE COMPLETE OFFERING TERMS ARE IN AN OFFERING PLAN AVAILABLE FROM THE DEVELOPER. Many of the big resorts offer a timeshare option, and salespeople are eager to talk to anyone they think might invest. Here, they are req'd to actual tell you that we get a 14 day cooling period (Aus wide), I got that recently when getting travel ins. Having interest in buying is not a requirement to attend a presentation. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Finding a timeshare presentation on Maui is rarely a difficult task. Many before and after me have done it as well. Im a member of all the hotel loyalty programs and have all of the hotel credit cards. Fla. We've attended only 1 other presentation since our original buy in, and like Cindi P said, we didn't feel any high pressure sales tactics as it didn't seem like they want to waste your time, or theirs if you truly aren't interested. Travel with Grant has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. You definitely fit the mold of someone that I think could get a lot of value from a timeshare. I used to have the SPG personal and business cards (closed 12+ months ago) and am SPG Gold from the free status with AMEX Platinum. Im married, travel a lot without my husband, but with female friends instead. The following morning, I attended the timeshare presentation and left with 40,000 Hilton HHonors points in my account. In all our dealings I have felt they treated us fairly. The first is with Hilton Grand Vacations and is . Your IP: 2% back on first $25,000 combined at gas stations & restaurants. Disney Vacation Club and Hilton Grand Vacations reportedly exercise their right of first refusal on third-party sales. $620 Annual Maintenance ($0.62) per point. surfing Look for booths, which will often lure you in with the freebies. Thank you for sharing this timeshare info. I was told on the phone when I bought the offer that I could upgrade for a small fee. I havent completely ruled out buying into one of these programs someday, but if I ever do, you can bet it wont be while attending one of these timeshare presentations. We have sent you this email because we have your email address designated as eligible to receive promotions and special offers. For what you get, thats actually a pretty good value if you can get the package for next to nothing. Yes? : 2021217. Manage Settings Different if you were offered than if you advise people to go seek it out. We are a group of ten so even 2 would be a help. The developer/seller of timeshare interest in the US and Hawaii Collections are Diamond Resorts U.S. Collection Development, LLC and Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection Development, LLC. Thanks for the article! hiking Whether you use it or not, youll be paying those annual maintenance fees eternally until you get rid of the package yourself. For $249, you can stay 4 days / 3 nights in a 1 bedroom suite, and receive 10,000 Hyatt points (worth about $150), making this stay about $100 / 3 nights, or $33 a night. Just Say No.. I usually like a suite or at least something with the the best view, a splurge. For example, theres a BlueGreen card that gives you 1% back that can be used towards maintenance fees. The other thing it gives me is a valuable asset with excellent liquidity. No I dont and have never been in the timeshare business or sold timeshares. There are several Timeshare Resales companies that can help you find the best Maui timeshares for your needs. Legacy dollars for my family.. The Royal Sonesta Kaua'i Resort Lihue Show prices Enter dates to see prices 3,375 reviews Hyatt Residence Club Timeshare Vacation Packages at San Antonio Wild Oak Ranch & Bonita Springs Coconut Plantation, https://travelwithgrant.boardingarea.com/2019/04/17/keep-cancel-or-convert-american-express-hilton-aspire-credit-card-450-annual-fee/, Hilton Vacation Package Offer: 3 Nights + 25K Points for $149 in Orlando or Las Vegas, Hilton Vacation Package Offer: 3 Nights + 50K Points for $199 in Orlando or Las Vegas, 2 Hawaii Timeshare Vacation Package Deals: Hilton Grand Vacations Honolulu (Oahu) or Waikoloa (Big Island) & Westin Vacation Club Kaanapali (Maui), Hilton Timeshare Vacation Package Deals: $299 for 4 Night Stay + 150,000 HH Points (7 Destinations Available) [Expires January 10], Please click here to view our Privacy Policy. Were you unsure of anything mentioned in the presentation? safety If you have a preference of 1 chain over another, those CCs can be a great choice (I have all 3). You usually vacation at resorts (which may not be near a city center). Limited-Time Offer: Earn 165K Bonus Points. I wrote about the offer details here, but to recap, I received 6 days / 5 nights in a villa studio, 5,000 SPG points, and a 6 day Avis car rental for $798. That was his final word. Pingback: Wyndham Timeshare Presentation Vacation Package: 3 Days / 2 Nights for $149, Pingback: Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas Palm Springs Timeshare Vacation Package ($389 for 5 Days / 4 Nights + Freebies). Vouchers for snorkeling trips, tours, and boat trips are all common incentives for attending a timeshare presentation. Is there a fee if I need to change my plans? Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. 2 free night certificates came from my new Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Credit Card and the third was from my old Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Credit Card after spending $10,000 on the card in a cardmember year. Credit Card. The timeshare sales reps can offer you more points. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. But you can hop around and do timeshare presentation with Marriott, Hyatt, Sheraton/Vistana, etc. You may even discover that the program has a lot to offer. The next thing you know, half the day is gone, and you still dont have your freebie. Well, 15 minutes later I was still on hold. It's been awhile since we went to a presentation, so I'll report back here and let everyone know how our experience was. We have a great offer for you for $2500 + a bunch of bonus points. Its not rude to decline a major purchase, Nathan, and thats what this would be. Next, be aware that you may need to bend the truth about your salary. What perks are they proving you? Definitely not worth your time if they treat you like crap. 1% back on all else. Total rental income $19,000 minus selling/listing fees = $17,000/yr income. SHOW DEAL 20% OFF Deal Fetch Up To 20% OFF Verified Coupon Code Promotional offer ! I said no, but I am a Hilton Diamond elite member. At that point, they thank you for coming, walk you out and get you set up for your gift/bonus for attending the sales presentation. Grant, I have 2 vacation tours booked for the same week in Orlando. When Im traveling with friends who , like me, would like to sit in one a presentation for some freebies, can we each do a presentation, or should we pretend wereally a couple? Dont be among that cohort, either. These companies must compare notes because their presentations not only have consistent themes, but parts of it are basically identical. shave ice I booked immediately. Actually the only one or two I have ever been on were ones where I was asked to tour. Seller of Travel Ref. The hotels dont want to waste their time describing the deals to someone who cant afford to invest. At the end of a timeshare presentation, youll often find yourself offered a deal in the future if you agree to attend another presentation. Well, for me it was simple, I called the reservation line asking basic questions about the hotel. We are going to Kona in April for 3 nights and planning to stay at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, where can I sign up this timeshare presentation before our trip, I will use my two free night certificates from Citi Hilton reserve card. Pricing is without promotions and discounts and subject to change. All offers and programs apply to a limited number of rooms, and are subject to availability . Pingback: Have You Read My Top Blog Posts from 2018? Except for 2020 when I didnt go anywhere, but I get my first vaccine dose today and am already looking at booking vacations again. So if you are there for just for a gift, not only you are wasting their time but also building a very bad karma I would personally never do something like that. The Wyndham property we reserved via Airbnb, we were guests of owners at BlueGreen at a very reasonable rate of $79 a night for a spacious 2-bed, 2-bath room place, and the Hilton Property was a 4-night introductory package for $249 with a mandatory sales pitch as part of the discount. If I had bought at retail price, it would have cost me over 300K! I then said, your problem is really with your front desk staff.