I was told that our bodies make enough progesterone around 9 wks, but they often have you go longer for good measure. I was super nervous stopping pio w/ my DD (she was an FET) so my RE wrote up a "taper" schedule for me starting at 10w and I basically weened off over the course of a week or two. What was your weaning process. These individuals are often able to stop taking this hormone once the placenta begins its own production. I'm going in to see Dr at 2. IVF #4 (Feb 2014)- 49R, 28F, 13 blasts, 7 NORMALS! I just stopped Crinone at 12 weeks and two days after coming off they checked my levels. Have faith everything will be ok. Good luck to you. Good luck! I was on sequi for two years until I was about 52. That's Monday for me. I was told to stop at 10 weeks but continued until week 11. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. It is tough to stop the injections because we grow to associate them with the reason why our pregnancy is successful so far (and it's likely true). You are at high risk of miscarriage with your history of previous miscarriage and your low progesterone level now. I was on 50 mg suppositories from about 6 weeks (the day I went to the dr to confirm the pregnancy.) I don't know, since my RE puts everyone on progesterone regardless of level. Stopping progesterone: Hey guys, I am - Fertility Network UK I was told that I would only continue my progesterone oil and suppositories for another week and then not need them anymore. for those of you who are/took progesterone, when did you stop? I didn't end up spotting but I was thankful for the heads up! Progesterone production is the domain of the ovary until the placenta takes over progesterone production at around 8-10 weeks gestational age. Hope this helps. Just a heads up, my doc warned me that I could have some spotting 2-5 days after stopping. I was on 400 mg at 10 weeks I reduced to 200 mg and then at 11 weeks I will go off completely. 4 What happens when you start taking progesterone? I am taking 200mg orally at night. That only stopped when I graduated to my OB at 11 weeks. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. Low progesterone during pregnancy - BabyCenter Anonymous. He has always mentioned stopped at 10 weeks, not 11 weeks but now I'm confused. My doc doesn't even typically check levels. Thank you for all of your words of encouragement! Have heard baby's hb twice since then so all is good! Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. Get weekly updates on baby and your body. I'll call the Dr at 9 when they open but just wondering if anyone else experienced this. Progestin (Oral Route, Parenteral Route, Vaginal Route) Thank you. Stopped around week 11-12 and went on to have a healthy pregnancy and almost 4 month old happy boy now! What happens when you start taking progesterone? I remember this fear too and dreaded coming off the progesterone. For all progestins, except for progesterone capsules for postmenopausal women: If you miss a dose of this medicine, take the missed dose as soon as possible. He/She hasn't steered you wrong yet, right? Spotting after stopping progesterone - What to Expect It stopped but I still went to the doctor this morning and everything was fine. What to Expect supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownership. I foolishly did googling and found answers saying that the placenta takes over progesterone production at 8-12 weeks which makes me worry. I stopped at 7 weeks as advised by the clinic and all went well, I now have a very cheeky 2yr old. I am getting really nervous to stop. The following methods don't work at stopping your period: Drinking lemon juice. Stopping progesterone at 9 weeks - nervous | BabyCentre This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. I appreciate the support! You'll be fine :-) My RE stopped my estrogen cold turkey at 9wks, then the progesterone cold turkey at 10wks (crinone). think twice before sharing personal details, foster a friendly and supportive environment, remove fake accounts, spam and misinformation, delete posts that violate our community guidelines, reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. If this early flow persists, or you are in perimenopause, then you either need daily progesterone/MPA for three months or to increase the dose of cyclic progesterone therapy to 400 mg. But I'm sure it's fine, as others have had similar experiences to you! They only checked my progesterone right after stopping it and it was just above 20. I've been nervous, too. Please keep us informed. We keep them up because there are a ton of great conversations here and we believe you deserve to see them all. You need to take progesterone for at least 10 to 13 days to sufficiently mature the uterine lining enough for a withdrawal bleed to occur when you do stop the progesterone. Jessica H(587) 21/08/2018 at 4:27 pm. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Started seeing RE 11/12, April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! (I have a new OB now/no longer the one who prescribed the meds). Good luck and congratulations! Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; For treating unusual stopping of menstrual periods (amenorrhea): Adults and teenagers45 milligrams (mg) (one applicatorful of 4% gel) once every other day for up to six doses. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. I was pregnant with twins from donor egg IVF. I stop at 9 weeks. I was on progesterone as it was IVF and your body doesn't make t like in a normal pregnancy. I had another scan. My clinic has told me to stop taking the crinone gel when I reach 9 weeks (I'm 8 today) but as much as I try and rationalise and trust the clinic I am worried it's too soon! Thanks for easing my mind, everyone! I didn't have any bleeding over night but I'm still scared. I think Taz & HB are right re self medicating. I have a 3 month old baby girl now :). Glad to know other people stopped at 9 weeks, too. Hi Kelly- My RE also told me to stop the supps at 9 weeks, but it makes me nervous too, so I think I am going to finish out my script- I have another 14. I was told by my RE (shady grove)to stop estrogen and progesterone both at 8 weeks, but I only stopped the estrogen at 8 wks and continued with the progesterone until week 12 which my OB said was fine. Good luck! The dr. that prescribed the suppositories said that with my scan pics and the corpus luteum that I had on my ovary that I could stop the suppositories at 10 weeks. Just looking for a bit of reassurance from mommas who have been on and quit progesterone supplements uneventfully in the past. When to stop taking progesterone for menstrual bleeding? When I reached 9 weeks. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Why stop progesterone for 2 weeks per month? - Menopause Matters This discussion is archived and locked for posting. IVF has a delayed luteal shift for some reason. I am being tested at 10 weeks. It is better to be safe than sorry! Although I have done my research and know that the placenta "should" take over progesterone production at this point, I am a bit terrified that my placenta will not do what it is supposed to do. If your cycles are regular but shorter (for example, if your period starts every 2126 days), then start cyclic progesterone /MPA on cycle day 12. Helpful - 0 Comment thendricks I hated progesterone, it made me gain weight feel bad and no apitite! Plus, my Reproductive. Aug 2013 - Hubsvaricocele procedure, both sides, Dec 2013 IVF #1: 24 retrieved, 20 fertilized, 7 made it to D5;OHSS, Betas: 2.6.14 - 689; 2.8.14 - 2400; 2.15.14 - 37,7000. Unfortunately with HRT the hormone changes in the menstrual cycle are not replicated. 7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim + Ovidrel = BFN. Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism I however stayed on them until 12 weeks just to ease my mind. Is it OK to miss one day of progesterone? Just over 12 weeks. What Are the Side Effects With Progesterone Withdrawal? Yes Freda conti HRT works to prevent a bleed (eventually when you are post-menopausal) because the progestogens interfere with the oestrogen receptors in the uterus lining and work to prevent growth and build-up - which is why the dose needs to be right for the amount of oestrogen being taken. Please whitelist our site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners. 6 What happens to your body when you stop taking progesterone? To prevent premature labor, or for women receiving IVF, progesterone is sometimes given as a weekly shot. I liked the reassurance from them but who really knows if they helped or not. Stopping Progesterone at 12 weeks with subchorionic hematoma ws29 2 years ago 6 Replies Hi everyone, I am currently 11+1 weeks pregnant and I was told by my clinic to stop my progesterone medications (2xCyclogest + 1 Lubion daily) at week 12. I think the more recent studies show that the shift happens between 7-9 weeks. And that resulted in, St Mary's. Science and doctors have proven that gradually stopping the use of progesterone from the 8th to 10th week of pregnancy causes no harm to both you and the child. Can I stop progesterone suddenly? - Sage-Advices 9 isnt far off 10 weeks so you should be fine x. I think in my first round I stopped at 7-9 weeks. I'm 8 weeks yesterday. When to stop taking progesterone for menstrual bleeding? Also did everyone else just stop cold turkey? Week 10 is when the placenta is supposed to have fully taken over production of progesterone to support your pregnancy, but it's already ramping up. Summer_millie. Starting and Stopping Hormone Replacement Therapy - Healthgrades I am sure my fears are irrational, but my husband and I have just waited so long and worked so hard for this baby! I stopped at 11 and was nervous. Most of the later recommendations are for stopping at 14 weeks. When did you stop? This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). He said he goes by what ha, That is what I heard also about not checking the numbers, after they knew my last miscarriage was associated with low progesterone and PCOS, I had to ask for a progesterone lab and that is when I found out I was low as I expected (9.2). Stopping progesterone at 10 weeks Cutiecruz327 member March 2014 Thursday will be 10 weeks. If you didn't do IVF, you should be fine- well into the luteal shift by now. The clinic measured my levels 24 hours later and they were fine. Breastfeeding: the trick to a comfy latch. Oh gosh, I hear you about being nervous to stop! The same timing occurs in humans. I'm sure you're fine, but definitely call your doc. I then had spotting during the month and my GP moved me to Evorel conti. All seems to have worked fine (though I was a nervous wreck for several weeks afterwards!). Unfortunately, in most early pregnancies, progesterone levels will be between these two values. TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IFOct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIsFeb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! At that point I would suggest a trough . I agree with Taz about the pitfalls of self medicating. However, medically, it would be okay to stop at 10 weeks. Stopping Progesterone at 12 weeks wit - Fertility Network UK I am so sore from the shots! I meant to have one last night (I take Crinone once a day) but I forgot. I've known throughout the entire IVF process that my RE group keeps their IVF patients who become pregnant on Progesterone in Oil until the 10 week mark. If you're that worried, maybe that a possibility? It was 24, which OB said is good, so now I'm done with it. Did you doctor wean you from your dosage or check your levels afterwards? How many days after stopping progesterone suppositories does period start? 9 weeks seems SO early! I'll be 10 weeks, then so maybe I'll feel a little better about it. for those of you who are/took progesterone, when did you stop? The rise and fall of progesterone helps to signal to your uterine lining to shed at the right time, triggering your period. started first IVF cycle Menopur and Follistim 10/13. I took progesterone until 12 weeks with my son then stopped cold turkey. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine! 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Saw my OB today for my 9 week apt and he said to start weaning off progesterone. Hadn't had any spotting until after my Trans-vaginal US todayso glad she told me this was a possibility and we saw a strong 169 HR. I'm currently almost 12 weeks. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. I want to stop but I am worried, Update 2/8/23Its been exactly one year since my cerclage. Topic: Why stop progesterone for 2 weeks per month? Which is correct poinsettia or poinsettia? Thank you for any stories that may help put my mind at ease. With 5 miscarriages, I had my fears, too! Today, my son is 10 months old, and is a happy healthy baby. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). Conversely, a progesterone >23 ng/ml is almost always viable and in the uterus (not ectopic, or tubal). Scary, though! I stopped cold turkey and was very nervous but everything was fine. I stopped taking them at 13 weeks with no side effects or problems. When Does the Placenta Form? All About This Unique Organ - Healthline 6. Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy. Periods should start within a few days of stopping the Duphaston. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. I am going to ask if at 12 weeks I can either keep taking them or at least taper off by using one a day until 14 weeks to be extra sure. It's weird what the IVF process does to our brains, no? On stopping the progesterone-only pill, there are changes to the mucus in the neck of the womb, making it easier for sperm to reach the egg. The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. currently approaching 18 weeks. Most don't have any problems while they stop, however, stopping suddenly does increase the risk of menopausal symptoms returning, so you should not stop taking your HRT without consulting your doctor. Worried about stopping Progesterone at 10 weeks a atlast2013 Mar 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM I will be 10 weeks pregnant (via IVF cycle #2) on 3/5/13. I'm on it and was told Tuesday to take it until my 12th week, so I will continue until then. I think that would make me feel better about it! Could it just be me stopping progesterone? Not a Forum member? This medication is making me sick. Isoflavones for Endometriosis Symptoms. My RE instructed me to stop at 9 weeks 2 days, as in the 9th-10th week your placenta takes over and is producing plenty of progesterone. I have to ask the OB next week. I am getting really nervous, because no . I was worried, too, but I realized that these REs do this everyday, so I need to just trust what they tell me to do. Thursday will be 10 weeks. Spotting continued on and off for the entire first trimester, though, so I don't know if it was related to stopping progesterone or not. Without the effects of progesterone to maintain the lining, it starts to break down. the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information. If you're worried don't hesitate to give them a call, I know it made me feel better :). Early stop of progesterone supplementation after confirmation of Good luck at you appt!