In a bowl, add the canned soups, milk, garlic powder and pepper; stir to mix well. Toss the potato slices with a few pinches of salt. Pour over potatoes. Deluxe Scalloped Potatoes and Ham - Mom's Dinner Saut them for about 5-10 minutes or until they just start to brown around the edges (FLAVOR!). Quick release the pressure. You will find her recipes are easy to follow and full of tips and tricks to make sure the recipe you are making turns out perfect! Scalloped Potato and Ham Casserole Yield: 8 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes Chunks of ham, shredded hash browns, and cheese, lot's of cheese, make this Scalloped Potato and Ham Casserole a crowd favorite. It is sure to become a favorite comfort food dinner! Sprinkle w/ paprika & let sit about 10 mins before digging in. The addition of a little cream cheese makes the cream sauce extra rich and creamy! Spray the crock pot with cooking spray. Cheesy Potatoes & Ham Casserole | Dessert Now Dinner Later baking dish, layer half of each of the following: potatoes, ham, cheese and sauce. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream., In a greased 13x9-in. Stir in ham. Season with salt and black pepper if desired, then serve. Thisbroccoli saladwould be an excellent side dish to serve with the potatoes. Stir the soup, gravy and milk in a small bowl. ), 30 Easy Meals for a Large Group on Vacation. Test to see if done by inserting a butter knife in the center. For screen reader problems with this website, please call 1-844-995-5545. Add about a tablespoon of salt. In the crockpot now. My mom always made this after any holiday dinner when ham was served. While potatoes cook, mix together condensed soup, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl. In cooking, scalloped generally means that the dish is cooked in some type of cream sauce. baking dish. Scalloped Potatoes with Ham & Cheese - Julie's Eats & Treats Sprinkle with paprika. Then, chop up the onion. Make sure the oven is at 375F. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours (or low 7-8 hours). How to Make Scalloped Potatoes. If you are looking for other recipes to use up leftover ham, check out this collection of leftover ham recipes. Campbell's Scalloped Potatoes Recipe - Food.com Set aside. Buying one that is around 1.25 lbs. To make a larger size, I would plan on adding 30-45 minutes of additional bake time. To Make Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes: PREP: Slice the potatoes (I use a mandoline slicer to make it quick) and drop the potatoes into boiling water for 5 minutes (this is a huge time saver). sour cream 4; butter 2; milk 1; View More ; uncategorized. Transfer to a greased 13 in. It is sure to become a comfort food favorite in your house, especially if you have leftover ham in the fridge! Spoon the potato mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Once nice & bubbly, slowly add milk. Cut the ham into bite-size 1/2-inch cubes. The only thing I added last was 3 slices of smoked Gouda, just to finish the pack up. Heat the oven to 350 F. Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes - Spend With Pennies Guided. (I used John Morrell Ham Steaks, and I used the entire pkg.). This will help slow the potatoes browning while you make the sauce. Wonderful!!! Bake for about 1 hour, until the top is bubbly and golden brown. Perfect meal to make on a cold snowy day! Skillet Scalloped Potatoes with Mushroom Soup - Food Above Gold 3 Comments. Bake for about 50 minutes, until top begins to brown. Also, I think one could add a bit more garlic powder & white pepper (possibly an 1/8 teaspoon more of each). How To Make ultimate creamy scalloped potatoes & ham 1 Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle in dried thyme. Butter a 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Theyre high in fiber, so potatoes in your diet can help lower cholesterol. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper. Directions In a 5- to 6-qt. Add a layer of sliced potatoes, and then lightly season the potatoes with salt and pepper. potatoes 1/4 c. chopped onion 1 c. sour cream 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 c. butter 1 tsp. All topped with shredded cheese that gets golden and caramelized in some spots. Your Scalloped Potatoes and Ham will be smoking hot when it comes out of the oven, allow about 20 minutes for the dish to cool, settle, and thicken before serving! I tested this scalloped potatoes and ham recipe OVER AND OVERand over again until I nailed it. In a large mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Put about of the potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. First, peel and slice the potatoes. Add the cubed cream cheese in and stir to melt. If doubling recipe, increase baking time 30-45 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. This post may contain affiliate links. Repeat layers in order. butter over medium. Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter over the top. Stir in ham. You can make this with ham you buy at the store or leave the ham out altogether. Peel the potatoes and use a mandolin to cut the potatoes to " slices. About cup. Make sure you calculate resting time in your total preparation time. . The basic baked dishcombinesa creamy seasoned sauce with sliced potatoes. cream of chicken soup 6; potatoes 2; frozen hash browns 2; hash brown potatoes 1; red potatoes 1; russet potatoes 1; frozen hash brown potatoes 1; bread 1; View More ; seasonings & flavorings. They make a great side dish! Step 5 - Spread over the creamy mixture. Thyme has a light mint and lemon scent and taste. Cover the baking dish. Creamy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe - Savory With Soul Then place on a large rimmed baking sheet to catch spills in the oven. This nutritional information refers to each serving of the entire recipe and not just the products used as ingredients. It can also decrease your risk of heart disease. Slice Potatoes, place a layer of potatoes and ham cubes add a of remaining sauce. Step 2: Whisk pepper and thyme in with the broth and pour over the potatoes. Spray a round pan that can easily fit inside your pressure cooker (I used 8" round with 2" high sides) with non stick spray. Salt and pepper to taste. Scalloped Chicken and Potatoes Recipe - BettyCrocker.com This casserole takes a long time to bake. Add the remaining sliced potatoes, onions, soup mixture, and cheese. 3 Combine the half-and-half and cream in a microwave-safe container and nuke for a minute or so, until no longer cold. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Spread them out evenly, overlapping. A green salad and dinner rolls with butter are great side dishes to pair with scalloped potatoes and ham. baking dish. In a small saucepan melt 2 Tablespoons butter over medium heat and which in the flour, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes {in half the time}! - Spend With Pennies Ham and Scalloped Potatoes, Scalloped Potatoes. Layer half the potatoes, onion, ham and soup mixture in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. A big plateful and I'm one happy lady Delish, my friend! In a greased 6-qt. 1 (9x13 inch) pan peeled, sliced white potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Remove from the heat. Enjoy! Place sliced potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot. Place half of the sliced potatoes in bottom of crock pot. Scalloped Potato & Ham Soup - Seth McGinn's CanCooker Whisk the evaporated milk and cream of celery soup together in a medium bowl. Spray the crock pot with cooking spray. The smoked gouda sounds like a delicious addition! Sprinkle with paprika and pepper. In small pot, mix soup and 2 cans milk until gently boiling. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese, onion and ham and stir together. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Add butter, celery, onion and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally until transparent. You shouldnt meet any resistance. Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop. Place the sliced ham pieces evenly over the potatoes. Did you try this recipe? . Layer potatoes and ham in a lightly greased 9x13" baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Sprinkle with the cheese. Dice ham. Add the dry base and heavy cream; bring to the simmer. Let me tell you why this recipe is so great! So, I made this using pepper jack cheese as we like a little kick. 1 review. Pour over potatoes. The prep takes just a few minutes. 1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup. Preheat oven to 325. Directions. This recipe looks great I will be definately making it. These Country Scalloped Potatoes are easy to customize- and a great use of leftover ham! I made this last night for mom and myself. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Add the garlic, seasoned salt, and pepper and stir for 1 minute.. Sprinkle in the all purpose flour and stir around the pan for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. I assume that's how you're doing it ? baking dish. Hearty because it's a baking dish full of potatoes, onion and ham, coated in a creamy, cheesy sauce. Step 3 - Add the peeled and cut potatoes to the slow cooker. I like to serve ham and scalloped potatoes with a simple salad with homemade dressing, fresh green peas and a delicious chocolate cream pie for dessert! To manage your email preferences, click here. The Best Scalloped Potatoes With Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes on Yummly | Irish Chicken & Dumpling Stew, Ground Beef With String Beans And Mashed Potatoes, Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes . Uncover and bake for another 25 minutes. People often confuse gratin or au gratin with scalloped. Top with a layer of potatoes. Make 2 more layers. Cover the baking dish. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually whisk in milk. To make this over-the-top Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe you will need the ingredients pictured: Russet Potatoes : you definitely want to use russet potatoes for this dish. Instructions. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Cover, cook on HIGH for about 4 hours until potatoes are fork tender or cook this on low for 8-10 hours. Step 1: Wash and peel the potatoes then slice into sections. Toss the potato slices with a few pinches of salt. Hi Melissa, It has just the right amount of delicious creamy sauce that coats the potatoes and ham. When the butter is hot, stir in the flour. Required fields are marked *. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Add in the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook until the onions soften. This one's a keeper. I often like to make this in the morning and refrigerate until it's time to pop into the oven. . I used a mandolin to get perfect sliced potatoes. x 9 in. Required fields are marked *. By adding a layer of cream sauce on the bottom you get caramelized bits on the bottom and top! Can't wait for the family to try it. If you want the best of both worlds, use half of each! Everyone will enjoy this! Whisk in flour until smooth, then gradually whisk in the milk and cream. of the butter over medium. It is a great recipe to use up leftover ham after a holiday dinner. 2 Melt butter & get that nice & bubbly & golden. Layer potatoes and onions into the casserole dish. All rights reserved. In a small saucepan, heat the mushroom soup, milk, and sour cream together. salt 1/2 tsp. It may be helpful to do a controlled release if the starches start to splatter out the valve. + standing. Add milk, half and half, beer, Dijon mustard, potatoes and ham. You really cant go wrong with either. Glad it worked out and was a hit! Place in the oven on the middle rack. Using a mandolin slicer can be quite handy and a nice time saver for this process. Get our free cookbook when you sign up for our newsletter. For a shortened baking time and more uniform cooking, put the sliced potatoes in a pot of cold. Then, add half of the potatoes, onion, ham, and cheese to the pot. Enjoy and let me know how it turns out. In a small bowl, mix the soup, gravy, and milk together. Tips Pour cup heavy cream over top. The spoon the can of soup on top. These potatoes are flavored with diced ham and cheddar cheese. Recipes, meal planning ideas and more. And of course these scalloped potatoes also have ham. 9 potatoes thinly sliced 6 slices of ham cubed 3 green onions thinly sliced 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded 2 cups parmesan cheese shredded salt and pepper to taste Instructions In a cake pan put one layer of potatoes. It melts creamier. The combination of cream of celery soup and chicken gravy may seem unusual, but they are great together (and if you would rather use cream of chicken soup instead, that's fine, too)! More Info At www.cooks.com Enjoy! Strain and set aside. This is truly a deluxe recipe for Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. Pour the soup mixture over the potato mixture. Unfussy because it's so easy to make- it takes longer to heat the oven than it does to prep the ingredients. As in scalloped corn or scalloped apples. Easy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham - CopyKat Recipes Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and potatoes are tender, 80-90 minutes. To finish, layer the remaining potatoes, top with all the remaining sauce, and finally sprinkle on the 2 cups of cheese. The condensed cream soup provides the magic here, melting into a creamy sauce that turns sliced potatoes, onion and ham into a comfort food casserole that's as simple to make as it is delicious. Pour over potato layers. Add salt and pepper to taste. small onion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup), 1 Grab a deep 913 dish, rub the bottom and sides with the 1 tablespoon softened butter. Nutrition Information HOW TO MAKE HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE STEP 1. In her time outside the kitchen, Echo loves to get away from the phones and busy schedules and spend quality time with the family.