There are several ways in which a packaged bank account may have been mis-sold. As interest rates were high and the account provided accountholders with healthy returns for saving, the 8 per month fee was seen as relatively affordable, especially when people with these accounts secured cheaper overdrafts and . Can you claim a refund? You can also get 200 if you switch to a TSB Spend and Save account, or Spend and Save . For new or existing customers, you can call us on: Silver:0345 601 5219(Relay UK 18001 0345 601 5219) Overseas:+44 1252 308 792 Platinum:0345 609 0453(Relay UK 18001 0345 609 0453) Overseas:+44 1252 763 658 Black:0345 601 7188(Relay UK 18001 0345 601 7188) Overseas:+44 1252 308 794. In this guide, we will explain what a packaged bank account is, how they differ from a standard current account, how to tell if you were mis-sold your PBA, and the steps to take if you think you are affected. 10 monthly fee. Ensure they dont wriggle out of paying back what theyve taken from you. We may ask you to pay an additional premium or we may not cover your condition. Parent-managed pocket money app for 3-17 year olds. Advantage Gold Package Account Fees Surprise Refund after refusal years Guides to using the forum; Court Procedure. Packaged bank accounts started in the 1990s, as Lloyds Bank started an account called the "Classic" account. Family travel insurance for trips in the UK and worldwide up to 90 days, including 31 days for winter sports. If they do not respond within this timeframe, or you are unhappy with their answer, then your next step could be to contact the Ombudsman (although they do apply a strict time-limit to their cases). Enjoy a host of exciting benefits with our Premier current accounts. Like a lot of other exclusive-sounding accounts, this account was a Packaged Bank Account.People like to feel they've been 'Selected' and that they are worthy of having something described as 'Platinum'. They said NO we are the big bank and you are not important. If you have a Select Silver, Select Platinum, Black or Advantage Gold account with the NatWest there is a reasonable chance that it has been mis-sold. You are not required to use our services with respect to a tax refund claim and it is possible for you to present your claim for free to HMRC. Find answers to your claims questions using our free guides & articles. The tiers range from Silver Select Account to the Black Account. NatWest Packaged Bank Account Refunds: Next Steps, I am happy for a claims expert to contact me to find out if my claim qualifies, Pera Business Park, Melton Mowbray, LE13 0PB, 2021 -SoftwareBox Solutions Ltd TA Claims Compass - Company Reg No: 12205095, packaged bank account may have been mis-sold, Not being told what the monthly or annual fee was to open and retain the packaged bank account, Not having been made aware of all the key benefits and exclusions of the PBA when you first opened the account, Being moved or upgraded from an existing free current account to a fee based packaged bank account without knowing or gaining your permission, Being pressured into starting a PBA without the salesperson advising you there was a free current account option available instead, The bank neglecting to carry out an initial eligibility check on the account holders, to establish the relevance and access to the additional benefits and services on offer, Failing to reasonably check and advise you of the benefits you could not claim, or worse still knowing you would not be able to claim (i.e. But the 29-year-old was able to easily increase his hefty overdraft at the same time as spending thousands on online gambling sites in the midst of a gambling addiction. You can't apply directly for this account. You may have to pay extra for this, or you may find that your condition cannot be covered. Mis-selling occurs when a bank fails to do this. How to make the most out of your bank and savings accounts No, you are not legally required to have travel insurance however it is a good idea. "Packaged" accounts are . Add message Share Report Bookmark App eligibility criteria apply. How do I reclaim funds I have sent to an incorrect payee? - NatWest Registered Office: 22-28 Willow Street, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 1LP. Our Platinum and Black accounts cover you and your partner, plus any dependent children. Select Platinum can't be applied for. Registered office: 250 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 4AA. Editor, Marcus Herbert. To request a Claim Pack by post: Fill in your details in the Start Your Claim form to the right of this text. It is a sad fact of life that there are unscrupulous and unethical salespeople working in all industries, and unfortunately the banking sector is no exception. These packaged accounts often have names such as Silver, Gold or Platinum accounts. UKI have been working with the Financial Conduct Authority and MoneyHelper to create a directory that you can search when UKI are unable to help. I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Plus, he's warned 1.8million workers risk 2.6% interest charges for missing a HMRC tax deadline. We can obtain the documentation from your bank, 2. Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Following this they have eight weeks to reply with a final response setting out their decision. Are you an existing Premier customer? How Can I Tell If My NatWest Bank Account Was Mis-sold? A change in FCDO advice, as long as you werent aware of this advice when you travelled. The ombudsman receives 1,000 complaints a week about packaged accounts. We do our best to ensure everyone is aware of their account terms and conditions, please take some time to review, print and/or save a copy of these. While unarranged fees could be much higher - up to 6 a day or 80 a month, which could add up to hundreds of pounds. Cora can help you with a wide range of queries and show you how to do your banking. To download a Claim Pack now: Click Download Claim Form. We make it easy and quick for you to file for your refund, so you can relax and wait for your refund to be processed. Banks are meant to look out for vulnerable customers. You were never offered a free bank account instead. You were told it was a privilege to get the account but it wasn't explained properly to you; the salesman wouldn't say no for an answer or you weren't told the full cost. How much emergency savings should I have? Whether youre just starting out in business, or youve been running a business for longer, we could have an account to help you go further and do more. Eligibility criteria, fees & charges may apply. My initial contact was through the Resolver portal in December and NatWest informed me of their decision to reject my claim in February. The Current Account Switch Service will move everything from your old account over to us in 7 working days. In return, customers get benefits like travel insurance and airport lounge access. What is a Packaged Bank Account? Victory House DoNotPay believes that you work hard for your money, and you should be refunded for accounts that have been mis-sold or oversold. How much emergency savings should I have? For instance if you have travel insurance on the bank account would this be worthwhile if you do not go abroad. Offer T&Cs apply. All of these areas can be challenged. Please contact Cora, your digital assistant will be able to provide . The Mortgage Guarantee Scheme (95% mortgages), Change my automatic renewal for my home Insurance, Change my automatic renewal for my car insurance. Is my Select Silver, Select Platinum, Black or Advantage Gold Account Mis-sold? DoNotPay makes it both quick and easy to claim your NatWest packaged bank account refundin just three easy steps. This info does not constitute financial advice, always do your own research on top to ensure it's right for your specific circumstances and remember we focus on rates not service. Another way to reclaim cash from your bank is if your bank's charges caused you financial hardship. The lender said it's made the pledge after an. To reclaim funds you have sent to an incorrect payee you will need to chat with us. After taking out a 3,100 overdraft with the Bank of Scotland he was left struggling to repay overdraft charges of up to almost 1,682 a year. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. If you have any questions, or need any assistance, speak to us via live chat on this website, pick up the telephone or drop us an email. Financial Ombudsman Service: Packaged Bank Accounts I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). You are making an allegation of wrongdoing by Natwest. Membership Services is where you can manage all of your account benefits, if you've not logged in before you'll need to sign up. The price was hiked but the bank didn't tell you. Yes, they are. A bank account with a monthly fee charged is normally referred to as a package bank account. Starting your claim is easy. NatWest Packaged Bank Account Refunds - How To Claim - Claims Compass The monthly subscription fee for our Packaged Accounts comes directly from your account 21 days after your first statement date. For both Platinum and Black account customers, family cover is included. That way, you wont be affected by the time bar. The refund of packaged bank account fees would include compensation interest at 8%. DoNotPay will fax a letter to your bank with all the information you need to get your refund processed. - RBS: Call 0800 . . If you have tried to talk to your bank, and have had no success in getting refunded on your NatWest packaged bank account, and you want to try to do it on your own: If you get no response, or you are not happy with the response that you get from NatWest within two months, you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Quarantine (including if it's because you are contacted by Test and Trace). Absolutely do it Sally and Fluffy - it's so quick to fill out the form and you've nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. We've pulled together a range of commonly asked questions. 31 monthly fee. After The Sun got in touch, the bank offered Leon a 2,516 refund in overdraft fees as a gesture of goodwill. Select Silver can't be applied for. NatWest Bank Meet other NatWest Bank customers who have also been faced with excessive unfair bank charges. The fee was added without you knowing, for example, it was "upgraded" without your permission. This provides cover for you, your partner, and dependent children under 18 (or under 23 if in full time education) at the start of the journey. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Martin Lewis has explained how to reclaim thousands of pounds from your bank, Martin Lewis reveals how you can make the most of the Green Homes Grant scheme, due to bank charges for going over your overdraft limit, urged Brits to apply for 5,000 Green Homes Grant vouchers, how to get free groceries at Asda, Sainsbury's and Co-op, warned 1.8million workers risk 2.6% interest charges, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. But it won't look at your complaint until you've contacted your bank first and given it eight weeks to respond. Enjoy your refund! Business banking is available to eligible customers, over 18 who have the right to be self-employed in the UK. Sit back and relax while we do the work. . Select the reason for your chargeback, and provide relevant details, including the charge amount, the charge date, a description of the payment, and any files you can upload as evidence. Bank easier with powerful online and mobile tools. Even so it is worth challenging any rejection of a claim. Exchange encouragement and information about getting your bank charges refunded Followers 1 Subforums NatWest Successes **Existing Successful Claims Only *NO* New Threads Please** - Contact a moderator to move your thread 25.3k posts Those are only the complaints that made it to the Ombudsman, there are likely thousands more that never make it past the bank. We can claim on your behalf. One reader, who was unwittingly charged 25 a month, recovered all his fees after complaining. Cover for you, your partner, and dependent children under 18 (or under 23 if in full time education) at the start of the journey. Please see the policy terms for full details and exclusions. Plus, all the benefits of the Reward account. Moving back to travel insurance there are limitations that the travel insurance attached package bank accounts does not normally cover high risk at activities such as skiing. It is possible for the customer to present the claim themselves for free, either to the person against whom they wish to complain or to the Financial Ombudsman or the statutory compensation scheme. For instance, NatWest has recently launched its highest-ever switching incentive for new and existing customers who move to its current accounts. To arrange a free, no-obligation call with an experienced advisor, please complete the contact form. Having a strong case for a mis-sold financial product is key to getting a refund and Claims Compass can help verify this for you. To see the full list of your account benefits: To apply for a Reward Platinum you must be an existing NatWest current account customer. Depending on your level of cover it could protect you, your trip, and your property such as medical care, cancelled flights or lost luggage. They might be called things like "reward", "premium" or "gold" accounts - and there's usually a monthly fee attached them. Cover for you, your partner, and dependent children under 18 (or under 23 if in full time education) at the start of the journey. Even if youre still paying the monthly fee. Do note, while we always aim to give you accurate product info at the point of publication, unfortunately price and terms of products and deals can always be changed by the provider afterwards, so double check first. It is possible to make a claim for as many years as you have had the packaged bank account, although it can sometimes be harder to claim if you were sold the account over six years ago. Once an official complaint has been logged, the banks are required to respond within 8 weeks. If you don't feel that that's enough, contact the bank to ask for what you think you're owed but remember that it's a negotiation and it doesn't have to budge. However, if you are unhappy with their judgement, you may decide to refer the case to the Ombudsmans official adjudicators. The FCDO advising against 'all' or 'all but essential' travel due to Covid-19 or another pandemic. Natwest has previously been fined a staggering 2.8 million by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for mishandling PPI claims. For other inquiries, Contact Us. Packaged Bank Accounts: Financial Ombudsman Service Here are three simple steps to get a NatWest chargebackwith DoNotPay: That's all there is to it! However, we understand you might still like to register your travel plans and for that reason we have kept the option for you to do so on the mobile app. For Silver account customers, only you and any joint account holder is covered. The bank may offer you a full or partial refund of around six months' worth of charges as a goodwill gesture. If youve paid for a current account, and not used the additional benefits you were paying for, you could be entitled to some of that money.