Louis James Zitnik passed away on Monday, January 16, 2023, at the age of 99, in his Laguna Beach home less than 24 hours after his beloved wife, Jacqueline Irene Zitnik, aged 98, passed away on Sunday, January 15, 2023, surrounded by family members. In preparation for summer, the Laguna Beach Marine Safety Department is looking for additional lifeguards, expanding training operations, adding supervisory oversight to south Laguna beaches, and buying more equipment. Alexis Amaradio, Dennis McTighe, Marrie Stone, Sara Hall, Suzie Harrison and Theresa Keeganare our writers and/or columnists. She is survived by her sister Janet Strobel Read More, Cynthia Anne Netherton died on July 18 at her home in Newport Beach. I wish I could read in more than one language and would like to read more books in translation and read more internationally. A group of international shipping companies tentatively agreed to pay $96.5 million to Amplify Energy Corp. to dismiss one of the last lawsuits over the oil spill off Huntington Beach in October 2021. Modest and funny about his own contributions Ive been a strap hanger on a literary train, he says Wiegers describes Copper Canyon as an endeavor involving many who are all focused on one thing: poetry. City Officially Takes Control of South Laguna Beaches Read More, Michael Gilbert Smith passed away on April 21, 2022 at his home in Corona del Mar after a courageous 20-month journey with pancreatic cancer. South Laguna beaches will keep the hours set by the county. Ronald Whitacre, loving partner, artist, and father, passed away peacefully on October 31, 2022 in his home in Laguna Beach, California. The college, NFL and broadcasting great died Sunday at the age of 84. Phil passed away at Providence Mission Hospital Mission Viejo from acute respiratory failure. He was the first Read More, Joe Saint-Clair died unexpectedly June 28, 2022, in Costa Mesa at age 81. Thanks to Hough and her nonprofit, Laguna Beach High School students are learning early that by expanding their circle of caring beyond themselves, they can make positive changes in individuals lives, making the world a more connected and better place for all of us. Do you remember the first book that made an impact on you? browse over 240 million cemetery records, Laguna Beach Obituaries in the Orange County Register, past 30 days, Laguna News-Post He participated in sports Read More, Betty Jeanne Kilmer passed away on April 17, 2022 after 97 happy years. Laguna Beach If I had a Caltrans telephone number, I would call their department. City Officially Takes Control of South Laguna Beaches, Assistance League Program Honors Infant Graduates, Pacific Marine Mammal Center Breaks Ground on The Next Wave Expansion Project, Laguna Art Museum Opens Three New Exhibits. at echovita 15, 2022. Published in Daily Pilot on Feb. 8, 2023. Romaine Rome Keith Friesen was born Feb. 19, 1943 to Wendell and Hannah Friesen in Hamilton County, Nebraska. Published in Daily Pilot on Dec. 14, 2022. A Friend to Many. Now, far be it from me to suggest the district cut down a lovely shrub, although if I had to choose between it and old Cummings memorywell, never mind. Published in Daily Pilot from Jul. The Laguna Beach Public Works Department will take over the maintenance of south Laguna beaches and adjacent beach facilities from Aliso Creek to the southern city limits. Recently, Wiegers says he saw the Monet paintings again, but this time paired with the abstract expressionist work of Joan Mitchell. This service change provides consistent operations throughout the City, streamlines communication between public safety entities, and delivers efficient response to emergency and non-emergency incidents, Laguna Beach City Manager Shohreh Dupuis said. Laguna Beach Obituaries | Local Obits for Laguna Beach, CA - Legacy.com Her quick wit, hearty laughter, and spirit of adventure were legendary. The Breakers cold shooting caught up with them in the final period as Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce's highly-anticipated event, Taste of Laguna Food & Music Festival was held on Oct. 13 at the Festival of Arts. Milt and his wife, Mary Ann, were longtime residents of Beacon Bay in Newport Beach, CA Read More, Beloved Orange County Superior Court Judge Margaret R. Anderson died June 16 in Newport Beach, California, after a back injury two days earlier. Published in Daily Pilot on Jan. 29, 2023. Laguna Beach, CA Obituaries Caution is urged when crossing busy traffic. He would often bring the family together to enjoy his homemade pizzas, perfected guacamole recipes and signature cocktails. As of March 1, the citys municipal codes for beaches and parks will apply to all South Laguna beaches. He is survived by his wife, Phyllis Milum Marr of Bend, OR; son Read More, CARR, Joan Victoria (Vallely) - Born August 2, 1945, to Roland and Vivian Vallely of Balboa Island and lived her entire life in Newport Beach. Which books do you plan, or hope, to read next? 0. Langford and Barto will be replacing outgoing members Erik Weigand and Lauren Kleiman, who were elected to the Newport Beach City Council in 2022. LAGUNA BEACH, CA The Hotel Laguna construction and improvement projects have been halted by the California Coastal Commission after over a year's worth of failure to obtain proper permits and . Born the day after Christmas in 1944 in Read More, Born in San Francisco, to Ruth Iddings and Richard P. Maynard Sr, Dick grew up in Millbrae hunting, fishing, & camping throughout the Bay Area & the Sierras. To date, the nonprofit has built 37 wells in West Africa and India and paid 4,174 kids tuition in sync with their mission statement: Water is Life. Denny and I were so impressed with these students commitment to help others. Fred attended Elsinore Military Academy from ages 9 to 18 and then went on to UC Berkeley from 1952 to 1956. Her youth took her and her family from Oklahoma to Eugene, Oregon and then to Pomona, California before settling in Newport Beach Read More, February 25, 1937 - October 7, 2022 Franklin Vranicar passed away peacefully on October 7, 2022 at his home in Corona del Mar. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. Search Laguna Beach obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com. Following her official retirement in 2011 she sat as an "assigned Read More, WOOLFOLK, AUDREY EVE December 24, 1962-May 18, 2022 Audrey was very creative and caring. This idea of experiencing older work in a fresh new way led Wiegers to share a childhood memory. Can you recall a book that felt like it was written just for you? You can gain knowledge of birth dates, death dates, funeral arrangements, and the names of other relatives by reading just a couple of California newspaper obituaries. As a child Marian moved frequently as her father's job often Read More, 1936 - April 6, 2022 SAMUEL D. ANDERSON, SR. a 50-year resident of Newport Beach, CA died at the age of 86 on April 6th of complications from lung cancer. Last year this group raised $100,000, which paid for wells, a school in a Tibetan refugee camp in rural India and tuition for kids in Africa who otherwise would be unable to further their education. at tribute archive, US Obituary Collection 1930-Current search millions of obituaries in Do you have any examples? Soliciting other readers personal stories and suggestions for the anthologyhad an unexpected benefit as well. A body found Wednesday has been positively identified as that of Anthony Parnell, a Las Vegas teen swept from the rocks by a giant wave. She and her late husband Jan were frequent hosts for all their many friends in Newport Beach for decades. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I did get to help choose the audiobook reader for my novel and her name is Ariel Blake and I would recommend any of the titles she has narrated a recent one is Luster by Raven Leilani. The Book Pages: 50 years of Copper Canyon Press, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), The Book Pages: 50 years of Copper Canyon Press poetry, See 40 years of a changing Los Angeles in artist Karla Klarins L.A. He just said, You know, I guess we should publish more books I dont understand. Its like, Yeah we should.. Breaking into acting with a role in 1958 cast in an "adults only" low-budget Read More, Judith Hawley Patterson passed away peacefully in her home in Indio, CA on June 15, 2022. Laguna defeats LA Fremont 50-20 in State Playoffs The Breakers were seeded #7 for southern California in the State CIF D-5 Laguna Sports Update After both parents passed away prematurely, Sissy and her brother, Scott, at a very young March 15, 1934 - January 12, 2023 document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); You have entered an incorrect email address! Suddenly, because of the proximity to this, this more modern voice, this more modern artist, I saw his paintings in a whole new light. Laguna Beach has officially taken ownership of all south Laguna beaches and coastal properties from the County of Orange as of March 1. Placing the plaque a little closer to the nearby dos and donts signposts might even encourage more visitors to read them. 18. past 3 days, The story Dall takes place in Alaska and is told from a womans perspective, and the whole book opened up so many possibilities for me in thinking about writing about the wilderness. All the latest on Orange County from Orange County. Currentobituary.com . Henry T. Segerstrom brought about the South Coast Plaza and the Orange County Performing Arts Center. He is survived by his only child Kaitlin Kronquist of Dana Point, as well as sister Diana Johnson of Tuscon, Ariz.; nephews Mike Johnson of Riverside, Calif. and Steve Johnson of Alabama Louis James Zitnik passed away on Monday, January 16, 2023, at the age of 99, in his Laguna Beach home less than 24 hours after his beloved wife, Jacqueline Irene Zitnik, aged 98, passed away on Sunday, January 15, 2023, surrounded by family members. Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. Merwin, Pablo Neruda, Ruth Stone, Arthur Sze, Ocean Vuong. He'd spend most of his free time surfing Read More, On Jan. 27, 2023 Betty Jardine, a beloved wife, sister, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and great-grandmother passed away peacefully surrounded by her family, just after celebrating her 92nd birthday. The maintenance includes custodial services to public restrooms, emptying trash cans, litter control, sweeping parking lots, graffiti removal and other public services. Yet it somewhat partakes of both. If youre compelled to make a change in the world or to change yourself because of something the poem moves inside you, that poem is good., Melinda Moustakis shares one of her favorite book titles. Girls Cant Closeout Oakwood Fall in Semifinals This page shows only the 20 most recent obituaries in Laguna Beach, California. O'Connor Mortuary - Laguna Hills Chapel & Mortuary. What do you find the most appealing in a book: the plot, the language, the cover, a recommendation? Lead Chef At Larsen Restaurant In Hotel Laguna To Exit Click on the file below for coverage of Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa,. Iker Liboro, 2, died Friday. The Feb. 17 edition Laguna Art Museum is opening three new exhibitions in March, Facing the Giant - Three Decades of Dissent: Shepard Fairey, Unseen Ties: The Visual WINTER SPORTS UPDATE Independent : Obituaries in Laguna Beach, California (CA) - Find online obituaries in Independent. He attended Capuchino HS where he played baseball & football, which he continued at Humboldt State, while he completed Read More, Thomas Barry Wood, known as Tim, was born to Thomas Everett Wood and Margaret Fletcher Wood in Charleroi, Pennsylvania. The Laguna Beach open water swimmer was diagnosed with the aggressive illness in September just after swimming a 74.7-kilometer relay. Published in Daily Pilot on May 14, 2022. Bill was a Life Long Beach Boy, in love with the ocean Read More. If you love that poem, that poem is good, he says. Browse Obituaries and Death Records in Laguna Beach, California. An Intellectual Genius. She is survived by her daughters Paula and Janice (husbands David Emmes and Robert Wade) and son Jeffrey (wife Diana). Published in Daily Pilot on Dec. 18, 2022. The anthology's selection of contributors is so rich that a partial list doesn't do it justice, but here are 10 poets who are included: Jericho Brown, Lucille Clifton, Jim Harrison, June . The Book Pages: 50 years of Copper Canyon Press poetry The Tritons beat the Golden Eagles 48-38 in the second round of the CIF State Southern California Regional Division II playoffs on Thursday at home. Newspaper Obituaries in Laguna Beach, California. Joanne was born in Los Angeles, California and moved to Balboa Island where she, and her Read More, Our beloved mother Sandra Manning, also known as Sassy Luby, passed away at the age of 84. Laguna Beach outperformed budget estimates in its parking fund by $2.8 million, the capital improvement fund by $2.5 million, and the Measure LL fund by $1.6 million. Is there a genre or type of book you read the most and what would you like to read more of? Q. He was born in San Antonio, Texas, the day before VE day. He took a job as a lifeguard with Los Angeles County when he was 18 while he pursued a bachelors degree from UC San Diego and his medical degree from USC. Passionate about history, Rome always Alberto Trevio passed away peacefully on Sept. 29, with family by his side, in the home he built in Bluebird Canyon in the early 1960s. They seemed new again. By Ann Christoph Chris met his wife Jane at South Hills High School in Covina. Laguna Beach has officially taken ownership of all south Laguna beaches and coastal properties from the County of Orange as of March 1. The 56th annual Laguna Beach Patriots Day Parade is scheduled to run on Saturday. A state court judge ruled Tuesday the city should be reimbursed for a $22.4-million loan it took out in 1988 to redevelop aging downtown parcels under a state program shuttered in 2012. She was born in Boston MA to Gertrude Faith and William Francis Shelley. Vivian Sissy Caris alias Reynders (ne Thompson) passed away peacefully Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at home surrounded by her family. I would argue that Copper Canyon, and all the people who have been a part of it over 50 years, have helped build and increase an audience for poetry in this country and shown that actually there are people who want to read poetry if youre able to get it in front of them, he says. To be honest, not my idea, but the brainchild of my neighbor, fellow walker and another former Laguna mayor, Jane Egly, who joins me in this bipartisan request: Move the boulder! Laguna Beach has officially taken ownership of all south Laguna beaches and coastal properties from the County of Orange as of March 1. Email: Editor@StuNewsLaguna.com with news releases, letters, etc. We get it. To find out more about the groups goals and how you can help, please click on www.wisdomspring.org. She was 60. It seems we all need to be more accountable for our actions and think of safety for ourselves first. Q. Girls Basketball (22-10) Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. She was born and raised in Skokie, Illinois to Irish parents, Patrick and Cora Nangle and had 4 siblings; a sister, Eleanor, and 3 siblings Read More, Joanne Suess Thomas passed away shortly after the new year, surrounded by loving family. By Erika I. Ritchie. Shaena Stabler,President & CEO - Shaena@StuNewsLaguna.com, Lana Johnson,Editor - Lana@StuNewsLaguna.com, Tom Johnson,Publisher - Tom@StuNewsLaguna.com. Published in Daily Pilot on Feb. 15, 2023. oil spill, Judge orders state to reimburse Huntington Beach $25M for redevelopment of waterfront, Laguna Beach Patriots Day Parade set to take to the streets, Serving up a fresh feast for OC Restaurant Week, Friends of Newport Harbor sues U.S. Army Corps of Engineers over delayed response to FOIA request, Irvines Postino WineCaf raises a (wine) glass to community, Key grant funding to help O.C.