They stiffed me on a cell bill and thought that I was just bluffing when I said that I would go somewhere else! A bus carrying 40 elementary school students home from a trip to the French Alps plunged down a wooded slope into a creek Saturday, leaving the driver and his partner hospitalized with serious injuries, authorities said. Popular former WQSR personality Steve Rouse later became the morning show host at sister station 101.9 WLIF. On August 2, 2013, KFMB-FM, the Jack FM station in San Diego, began restricting access to its online stream to listeners within the city of San Diego proper. Known in that building for bad management for more than twenty years, lack of advertising revenue, and the pandemic, no surprise. And it was very, very, very significant, said Vance. One person is dead following a four-vehicle crash on Highway 401 in Scarborough. They keep amateurs like lazatin, ubels and the sort. I am turning them off forever. KCBS-FM is as rando as it gets. Decisions like this are never easy, particularly as they are not a reflection of the enormous talent, dedication, and passion displayed by the team members leaving the company.. A trio of remarkable Canadians, each arriving from a different province, travelled to Ukraine shortly after Russias invasion. And you have done so much for so many. Some very fine people at News 1130 have been cut. Get Social with JACK 102.3. In addition, radio stations that do not 100% simulcast their signals online are essentially competing with themselves. Then this is perfect for you. The back story created by Perry for the original webstream was that Garrett, a disc jockey who had worked many "big sticks", finally got his own radio station and after years of being told what he was to play on-air was creating a station where the motto was "playing what we want". Goldstein said a small percentage of Rogers Sports & Media staff across the country are impacted by the staff reductions. In addition to Lacate and Claggett, News 1130 parted ways withlongtime afternoon news anchor Jim Bennie, weekend anchor/producer Toby Kerr, and web editor/reporter Mike Hall, according to the site Broadcast Dialogue. He also said he would return on another station. I used to listen to this station back in the day when Jason was engaged and getting married. You know the songs, but you don't know what's coming next! The 43-year-old first tried calling his husband, but there was no answer. A jokester for certain, the 96.9 JACK FM morning show co-host is more known for her good-spirited pranks than being in the throes of partisan politics. He is married to his third wife Lisa Anne, a singer/songwriter. A Pennsylvania woman who disappeared more than 30 years ago and was believed to be dead by her family was recently found living in a nursing home in Puerto Rico, her family and police said at a news conference Thursday. From Nashville to Los Angeles, Minneapolis to Dallas, and Baltimore to Seattle--JACK FM is Playing What We Want all over America. With Educational Media Foundation's purchase of WRQX, on May 28, 2019, Diamond announced the station's format change and that he would host the final hour of WRQX. Straight Up Paula Abdul Forever Your Girl 3:38 AM. Graybill, an Ohio native who previously co-hosted mornings at KSLZ in St. Louis, joined the show after longtime co-host Angi Taylor shifted to mornings on rock WCHI 95.5-FM. Listen to Jack FM Vancouver HERE Whoa I wish I was starting up a new radio station today what talent available !! These cuts just dont make sense. His first day on the morning show will be Tuesday, August 19. The wrong people making the wrong decisions. That smiling voice introducing the station now: THIS ISNEWS 1130! So glib and fakeand those brutal, ill timed Spence Diamond Ads? He originally went by the name of Bruce Diamond on air at WINX. Klos-fm Two men have been charged with firearm offences following an incident involving a vehicle shot Friday morning on Highway 2 in Central Onslow, N.S. How a harmless photo caused political outrage in BC | News - Daily Hive The audience has been telling us that they want no DJs on Jack. Diamond began his full-time career in radio at the age of 16 while a junior in high school. Our new morning show is one hell of a Drexperience #DrexonJACK #Vancouver @drex @LenaRadio @riobobbo https://t.co/C5RijSlApc. What a loss of talented people, among the best in the business. Each September of every year, all Jack FM stations ask their listeners to visit a certain link to evaluate which songs should be played on the radio and which ones should be swapped. Im totally disheartened about the loss of Russ Lecate. Crazy Train Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard Of Ozz 4:00 AM. 20+ years in broadcasting working with the most amazing, kind, funny, generous people, all of whom became my family away from home. SparkNet has been protective of its format, unsuccessfully filing trademark infringement suits against Bonneville International for its use of the Jack FM trademarked slogan "Playing What We Want" and other similar phrases. A number of local stations were set up, with the stations being individually run by Passion Radio in Oxfordshire or Madejski Communications Limited elsewhere. Formerly "Soft Rock 92.9". History of Radio in Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas - FM - DFWRETROPLEX.COM Union JACK Dance (broadcasting nationwide on DAB, a dance music station) (owner Jack Radio National went into administration). What's with all the swearin' like a sailor? The News 1130 afternoon shift needs a reader like Jim or Kurtis Doering. Jack FM morning host Drex suffers heart attack at age 43 | CTV News For a time, the Jack FM format WAS renamed ToNY. Finally a 101x thread to answer my question. RadioToday reported The Coast was to flip to become JACK FM on July 4, 2011.[10]. Radio Host Who Attacked 'Anti-Vaxxers' to Take Hiatus Until 2023 After But it was one of his victims -- his son -- who would provide key proof after his death that legal experts ultimately led to his father's conviction. [3], As of September 2020, Diamond hosts the "Jack Diamond Show" on WWEG 106.9 FM The Eagle, based in Myersville, Maryland. 97 Rock fires rest of morning show after racist on-air comments One of the early originators of the Jack FM format was radio programmer Bob Perry, on a United States-based Internet radio stream in 2000. JACK FM's music playlist features 6 decades of familiar songs curated in a surprising, energizing experience. In 2010, the tagline was changed again to "Regina's Greatest Hits". Other things were looking for would include but not be limited to sexual disorientation , physical defects, criminal record, recovering (fill in the addiction), @13 As you know, so-called progressives like to use capitalized-letter terms. [citation needed] In place of DJs, the Jack character makes sarcastic or ironic remarks and quips, often using self-deprecating humor. long-term care home, Family of Ontario teen killed in crash demands justice after case thrown out over missing signature, Waterloo region continuing to dig out from largest snowstorm this winter, Record-breaking WRPS polar plunge held for Special Olympics Ontario, International Womens Day walk returns to Cambridge with largest ever turnout. Their newscasters are brutal. Theres always good jobs for good people !!! Dropped the format in August 2012 in favor of, Ended a WQJK simulcast in February 2012 when the station was leased, then sold, to the, JACK2 Hits (launched as Jack FM 2 in Oxfordshire in August 2013), JACK3 Chill (launched in May 2017 as Jack FM 3). MJ Morning Show: March 2, 2023 - MJ Morning Show on Q105 - Omny.fm But I wasnt, Drex said. Schintz on 1130 this morning. All the best to Russ and Jim in their future pursuits. Wolfman Jack guest-hosted the morning show live the first week of broadcasting, and flew in for several consecutive weekends to do a live oldies program on Saturday nights. December 9, 2020 15 1199 Justin Wilcomes, aka Drex left the Corus overnight show called The Shift on CKNW locally back in September and started his new gig on Jack FM this morning. [1] It plays an adult hits format, in most cases not using DJs. Under Pressure Queen & David Bowie. The mission is to get men to pay attention to warning signs, to get screening and check in, she said. [citation needed] Jack did not last long. 'I'm glad I haven't seen Bon Jovi for ages. On July 29, 2005, Rawlco's CKCK-FM in Regina, Saskatchewan became the first non-Rogers station in Canada to directly license the Jack FM brand rather than adopting an alternate name. Use of this Website assumes acceptance of Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy, Stay up to date on the latest, breaking news, Body found in Maple Ridge parking lot; homicide investigators called, Vancouver police respond to 4 stabbings in 10 hours, 22-year-old man dead after Boundary Road stabbing, Vancouver police say, Surrey nurse suspended for delivering narcotics through mail slot to wrong address, Hotel Vancouver owner proposes 12-storey office tower connected to iconic building, B.C. Siyatha FM MORNING SHOW-2022 07 06 - YouTube By February 1, 2010, that station became soft adult contemporary-formatted KJJZ. The City of London has transformed the Rotary Rink Covent Garden Market into a crokicurl rink to celebrate the Tim Hortons Brier. In late September 2005, CJAQ-FM in Toronto, announced that it would become the first DJ-free station in Canada. British students stranded in America when hotel does THIS 11 minutes of exercise per day "Pay-per-chew" What's the longest you've ever slept Mommy's going to hotels Justin Bieber cancels rest of tour Kitchen peanut butter prank Bruh. Photo by Getty Images Since the early 1960s, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones have stood at the top of rock and roll accomplishments. U2 Set For Fall Las Vegas Run 9 days ago. JACK Radio (broadcasting nationwide on DAB, a music station playing only tracks by female artists, which was launched in 2018 and lasted for two years, until the slot was given over to Union JACK Dance), This page was last edited on 17 February 2023, at 08:15. "Feeling grateful today for the experience of a lifetime. You know the songs, but you don't know what's coming next! Radio Intel Since 2010. So Rogers plays the Grinch againwith its usual lack of Xmas cheer. Some of the stations Diamond has worked at are WABC, WLS, KNBR, KSON, WPRO and WPRO-FM, WQXI, WCBM, WRKO, and in particular, WRQX, where he hosted mornings for 24 years beginning in August 1990. On June 29, 2012, it was announced that KJQN in Salt Lake City would drop the "Jack FM" format on July 16, 2012, and begin to simulcast the talk radio format of KLO.[11]. The first Jack station was Vancouver's CKLG-FM, which quickly shot to the top of the city's BBM radio ratings. Updated: Apr 7, 2021 / 10:21 PM EDT. Format switched to oldies on February 9, 2021. Drex knows if he didnt call for help when he did, he may not have survived the cardiac event. Jack FM morning show host Drex suffered a heart attack just hours after discussing often-ignored men's health issues on his radio program. Drex was rushed by ambulance to Royal Columbian Hospital, where doctors immediately determined he was having a heart attack. Learn how your comment data is processed. A big drop for home sales in the London and St. Thomas region last month. Sparknet Communications, LLC. I really like(d) listening to Russ Lacate and I believe that it is a huge loss. With a passion for music, film and community service, she led News 95.7 to a 2013 Atlantic Journalism Award and regional RTDNA award for Best Radio Newscast. [9] Two further Jack FM stations were planned on DAB digital radio from 2008 for Northamptonshire and Northeast Wales and West Cheshire[citation needed] but by August 2009 were a year late with no indication of an ETA. rbsnservics.net He plays guitar and sings. There are several terms that each station must agree to, including the use of no disc jockeys for at least the first few months of the format. Shes worked at a few small market stations and started out as a producer for John Oakley at AM 640 in Toronto. A replacement for Graybill is expected to be named soon. A video of a Quebec baby smoking an e-cigarette that is circulating online has prompted multiple investigations. On September 1, 2014, he announced on his Facebook page that he left XHPRS and was working on a new opportunity in the Washington area. Jack Diamond Morning Show, was a radio show that aired for 24 years on WRQX Mix 107.3 weekdays from 5 am to 10 am and Saturdays 6 am to 10 am in Washington, DC. and getting ready for the day fun! In May 2006, the playlist of CJAQ-FM in Toronto evolved into a mainstream rock format. In early 2021, we will be expanding the Breakfast Television brand and a new BT will air on Citytv in six markets across the country: Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, revealed Goldstein. Breakfast Television Vancouver cancelled, staff let go at Jack FM and Be kind to each other," tweeted news veteran Bruce Claggett of News 1130. On the same day that WCBS-FM flipped to Jack FM, another station owned by CBS, WJMK, an oldies station in Chicago, changed formats to Jack FM as well. Vancouver Radio DJ Suffers HEART ATTACK All Rogers cares about is money! Kenzie K exits B96; Kyle Santillian joins syndicated "Morning Hustle" Deb O'Keefe was just fired from 101X for reasons unknown. Hit enter to search or ESC to close. I think this decision was made a long time ago, as the program was horrible from day one. On Air Now Maryland's Classic Hits Mon - Fri: 12:00 AM - 06:00 AM Saturday: 12:00 AM - 06:00 AM Sunday: 12:00 AM - 03:00 AM & 06:00 AM - 07:00 AM Facebook 106.9 The Eagle Twitter Tweets by 1069THEEAGLE Daily Schedule Emily whatever her name just announced Thee again instead of The. These types of annoying mistakes happen all the time at the once great NW. Iconic Fashion Influenced by Black Culture Funny how that sort of thing is all interconnected. Im going to be taking advice from the women in my life, who seem to know a lot more about this than I do.. On August 18, 2014, Diamond began co-hosting mornings with Kim Morrison at 1980s-based classic hits station XHPRS-FM in San Diego. Child, Youth and Seniors advocate Kelly Lamrock issued recommendations this week on how to uphold the rights of children with special needs in New Brunswick classrooms. Radio news you can use. I see he has posted a very positive message on Twitter taking the high road when clearly he has been unfairly terminated. Recently Played - 106.5 Jack Fm . B.C. In a partial nod to this controversy, on June 14, 2005, the station announced that it would tweak the format to include a handful of 1950s and early 1960s songs as well as performers such as Frank Sinatra elements not typical of the Jack format. Meanwhile, in February 2015, another Rogers station, CHTT-FM in Victoria, British Columbia, dropped the Jack FM format and flipped to contemporary hit radio (CHR) as "Kiss 103.1". They were released as part of layoffs across the Rogers Sports & Media division last month. The final broadcast of the show was on Friday, April 26, 2013. Good people lost their jobs today. The charge against a Toronto driver charged in 18-year-old Milo Yekmalian's death was thrown out over a clerical error. They dont care about customers or staff. Beloved as Opie Taylor on "The Andy Griffith Show" in the 1960s and Richie Cunningham on "Happy Days" in the 1970s, he made his directing debut as a under the watchful eye of trash-cinema. SparkNet has, in turn, licensed the format to Dial Global for satellite-based syndication to stations in U.S. markets outside the 40 largest. Jack from 103.7 leaving morning radio in Richmond I havent done morning radio since I wasfired from the Island in 2012 at 98.9 Jet [CFCP-FM) in the Comox Valley, and I havent run a radio board in-studio since 2014. I heard you took a shot at us in the Post. It was available through WCBS-FM's HD2 subchannel, and via an internet stream at www.1011hd2.com. Glazer: Kelly's in Westport Boots Q104 & Jack FM Morning Show Hosts. On April 27, 2013, Diamond was let go after that day's show due to the expiration of his contract. To that, most everyone who has been in a job/industry for any great length of time can generally see the wood chipper coming. JACK FM's music playlist features 6 decades of familiar songs curated in a surprising, energizing experience. According to the New York Post, mayor Michael Bloomberg responded to the change by declaring he would "never listen to that fucking CBS radio ever again" (the quote was censored in the newspaper). 8,196 talking about this. what happened to zachary smith from youtube Jack Murphy told us why in a live interview Tuesday morning. Union JACK Rock (broadcasting nationwide, playing only British rock music tracks) (owner Jack Radio National went into administration). His first full-time on-air job was at WINX, a Top-40 radio station in Rockville, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C. ", "Wheel of Formats Kills Off Jack-FM San Diego", "After Losing Jack, Westwood One Launches Two New Variety Hits Networks". How very unfeeling and uncaring the management was to let all these amazing people go right before Christmas and in the middle of a pandemic. 12:10pm. News 4 has learned "Morning Bull . You never know what you will hear on JACK 102.3 . Eventually, he earned his own three-hour show on Saturday nights. By Andy Edelstein andy.edelstein@newsday.com Updated October 29, 2022. Barracuda Heart. Clearly there has been something going in my body for awhile now that I didnt notice or recognize the signs of, said Drex. All rights reserved. Radio contacts Time in Regina: 19:41, 03.03.2023 Wishing them all the best. When Im Gone [album Version] 3 Doors Down. Jack and his partners, Jimmy Alexander and Lisa Anne are proud to host mornings on regional stand out 106.9 The Eagle. Rogers Sports & Media has made staff cuts at its radio and television properties in Calgary and Vancouver, cancelling Breakfast Television in those markets, as well as the JACK 96.9 (CJAX-FM) Vancouver morning show. JACK 96.9 - Playing Whatever Drex is taking some time off to recover and plans to return to his Jack FM morning show on Jan. 3. Diamond and his band have opened for national touring acts for as many as 40,000 people. Apparently the wood chipper hit nation widelayoffs in several markets including Halifax and Ottawa, so its not just a western Canadian thing. Additionally, a 301 Moved Permanently error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. When CTV News anchor Jocelyn Laidlaw got her cancer diagnosis, her first impulse was to keep it a secret. 11 Common Words to Thank a Black Person For a month ago. The station uses its current on-air branding as "Jack 94.5" with an adult hits format and is owned and operated by Rawlco Radio. More than 150 scouts from across southern Alberta gathered this weekend to attend a winter training camp aimed at teaching emergency and survival skills to youth. However, according to Rogers Communications, the only thing taken, without permission, for the first Jack FM radio station, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, was the name and the tagline. All kinds of advice. Saskatoon fire crews responded to a house fire on Carleton Drive Saturday. I agree. [2] Meanwhile all Jack FM stations in the United Kingdom used former Blake's 7 actor Paul Darrow as the voice of Jack. (The prank's name was possibly also inspired by the Canadian satirical magazine Frank, and probably the New England stations known as Frank FM.). GM Tom Newton (she states he was an inspiring leader who cultivated a real team) hired her to co-host the 94.5 JACK FM morning show with the insanely talented "Woody" (actor Cory Reaume). city of santa ana workers compensation CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by Red Hat, Inc. for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Just as with WCBS-FM in New York, WJMK Chicago ended the Jack FM format and reverted to classic hits in 2011. Radio stations are listed here if they specifically use the Jack FM brand. Such a pleasure to listen to. 92.9 Jack FM I know its not much but, its the least I can do. He has five children, Rachel, Amy, Ian, Jenni, and Connor. Hell be joined on the show by former The Shift producer Bob Addison, wholl take to the airwaves as No Fun Bobby, in addition to Lena Schulman, who was most recently with Byrnes Communications stations in Niagara Falls. Initially, Arbitron ratings showed a sharp decline and while ratings did improve, they never surpassed the levels that WCBS-FM had before the format switch. He said, Somethings wrong, and he said it in a very panicked voice, and it scared me, said Vance, who told Drex to hang up and call 911. They should all be fried!!! Joining Drex is Bob Addison, his producer on The Shift, also added to the show has been Lena Shulman. 2023 93.1 Jack FM - Playing What We Want - LISTEN LIVE | Audacy Although it is true that Toronto based leaders have no clue what the west is about. The main reason I would turn on News1130 was to hear his familiar voice giving me the current weather prognostication. Peace of Mind Boston Boston 3:55 AM. Changes take effect usually a few weeks to two months after the results are finalized. Older white males get punted. Drex, aka Justin Wilcomes, is helming the new Jack 96.9 (CJAX-FM) Vancouver morning show. faces life in prison in Hong Kong, accused of smuggling drugs, after being duped twice in what her family believes was a sophisticated romance scam. The Cane & Corey Show has been let go from Audacy Alternative "Alt 92.3" WNYL New York.