Apr 10, 2020 by Jul 27, 2018 by Hello Sue! I've had the printer over a year and I know it's out of warranty. HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. Learn more If the cartridge moves, unplug the printer and try to move the cartridge manually to the left and back into the middle if you can. Fits most Epson models. This page requires Javascript. This problem is not always at the fault of the power supply. Luckily, before I did too much damage I saw there was a small access to the cartridges directly above them in the printer frame. Open. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. Free 2nd Day Shipping on orders above $50. Send the printer for repair! How do you get the cartridges to move? With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer. HP OfficeJet PRO 6978 All-In-One Wireless Inkjet Color Printer :-), however since yesterday it is printing alot of double letters and lines. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Reconnect the Power cord back into the electrical outlet and then turn on the printer. YAY! Worked perfectly on my Pixma Pro-100 that had been sitting in storage for 2 years! (Wait until the printer stops making noise) Open paper tray and load paper into the paper. If it doesnt, then continue with the next solution. The print carriage cannot move HP Officejet Pro 6978, First Time Here? Insert your hand into the Ink Cartridge Access Area and then move the Carriage manually. Thanks. @lizabeth207, Aug 8, 2020 by Repeat these steps for the other cartridge. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post". @fauzanpamri, I follow the steps for canon e470 but not working, Fatyn Fauzie Does your print carriage stuck on the right of the printer (service station)? T6 (Small): Short bits for most internal parts. Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. Run a test print. Along with this, it is also more reliable than modern inkjet printers. We apologize for this inconvenience and are addressing the issue. The reason is that the inky pad to its right doesnt stay down - it is about 1-2 mm proud of where it should be and so gets in the way of the carriage. Margo Dawson, can not move cartridge manually just stuck, Sep 29, 2019 by Everything I have found so far wants me to slide the carriage over and check for paper. well I cant move the carriage at all. Please I have issue with my HP deskjet 1515. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Aug 23, 2018 by I had to buy a whole new printer and ink! Printer cartridges stuck, wont move back to print location - iFixit I have a Canon TS8250, and the ink cartridge carriage will not move completely to the right. . Didn't find what you were looking for? Free shipping for many products! Even if it is not the same printer there maybe something like it with this one. Chapters:00:00 Introduction00:21 Clear any paper jams03:21 Make sure the carriage can move freely05:10 Make sure the ink cartridges are inserted correctly06:10 Reset the printer07:11 Service the printerThis video shows how to fix a carriage jam in HP OfficeJet Pro 6900 series printers. Vanita Khan, update I got it fixed.. i used a marker and applied force. All the attention light is blanking when I plug it. Once printer starts to print, open the cartridge door and stop the carriage. The error message shows "Paper Jam. leslie lindop. Description. Replace cracked or damaged drive gear that attached to PF drive rod (see picture below). Dahlia Nathan, Pelumi Daniel It may be that the plastic gear gets wore or stuck in one spot if not used regularly. Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm EST, 2303 S.E. I turned the wheel until my finger was sore. wasted a lot of time trying to clear paper jam! Abhishek Sidhu, The same issue with my hp deskjet ink advantage 3835, Nov 29, 2021 by By using this site, you accept the. Plug in the unit and turn it on. HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 All-in-One Printer . But I myself had a TS8160 Canon printer where the cartridge carrier was stuck to the right position. I have an HP officejet Pro 9015 and cartridge is stuck on the right side. Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet. Please wait while we gather your contact options. The printer continuously displays a blue screen with a DB155568 message and indicating to press the ON/OFF button. Some features of the tool may not be available at this time. The print carriage cannot move. Look inside the product to see where the carriage is stuck, and then check for any torn paper or other objects that might be restricting the carriage. the black cartridge is only partially visible from the front - it is jammed into the right side. Theme designed by Papathemes. I've submit an answer to this problem, please have a look on it, may be it useful for you too. Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times. Realign the paper and slide back the input tray. Please turn off your device and unplug its Power cord. Like most old printers, the cartridges are large and last. After spending 3 hrs looking through the internet for suggestions (which I do every time I have to change cartridges, no matter the instructions that I jot down from the last time) , I ran across yours. Please let us know what happens. how do I remove a jammed paper on an HP office jet pro 9018 Free shipping. If you have been lucky enough to evade this problem until now, its not a cause for relief. I have an Epson workforce 520 just because! The print carriage cannot move HP Officejet Pro 6978 Fix "Carriage Jam" in HP Printer - The print carriage cannot move. My mx922 canon printer is stuck and I can't see even see my ink cartridge.What can I do ? , Are you tired of dealing with error codes and loud printer noises when using your Epson EcoTank prin 61.75 . Don't remove the paper that was starting to print. You have to go to . New. {{#each this}} Push down the latch on the top of the duplexer, and then lower its cover. Rotate the printer onto its side to gain access to its underside. Have you tried turning your printer off, then open the lid and turn the printer on? The Virtual Agent is currently unavailable. Mikaella Brodeth It sounds like the cartridge is binding the carriage. I still don't get it but it worked. It sounds like the cartridge is binding the carriage. Please try again shortly. However, no matter how many times I restart the printer, attempt to clear any "obstructions" (of which there are none), re-insert the ink cartridges, and change power outlets, the error message remains the same. HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer Plug the machine back in and turn it on. Next step is I have to clean the cartridge head. @heidiondrasik. Save your personal devices and preferences, Managing contracts and warranties for your business, For Samsung Print products, enter the M/C or Model Code found on the product label. Return the Paper Tray to its original position. Gently remove any jammed paper from the rollers, inside the product. Finding your Product Number. Gently pull the paper out of the rollers. Take out any paper from its Paper Tray and then detach the tray from the device. Andrew Arbeau, My ink cartridges are stuck on the left and I just replaced them, Dec 9, 2022 by I dont know if any of you fixed your problem. Yes No Score 1 John Miller @johnmiller Rep: 1 1 Get HP ink at your doorstep! I can move the gears to lower it which frees the carriage but as soon as it resets it sticks again. Below are some practical solutions that you can try to resolve the problem quickly and easily: Conduct a test print to see if the printer prints flawlessly. May 1, 2022 by The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. Do not remove jammed paper at this stage. However, they also work on other models that have LED control panels. Unplug the unit and physically move the carriage to the center. The Print Report menu displays, and then the product prints a self-test report. A paper jam is usually the reason why an HP printer cartridge gets stuck on the right side. Hope this helps someone! Greensboro, NC 27410, BCH Paper Feed Gear (PFG) for HP OfficeJet Pro 6900 Series - Fix HP Officejet Pro 6958, 6968, 6970, 6975, 6978 "The print carriage cannot move", Troubleshooting Common Epson Scanner Errors: A Guide to Fixing Your Printer, How to Fix Epson WF-2850 Printer Scanner Error 100077 and Other Scanner Errors, Troubleshooting Epson EcoTank Printers: How to Fix Errors and Reduce Noise, B6P40 -80004 Timing Encoder Scale Strip for HP OfficeJet and OfficeJet Pro, Repair Kit -Fix Paper Tray Leg for B6T06-40038 HP OfficeJet Pro 6800 6900 Series 6960, 6962 ,6968, 6970, 6975, 6978, BCH Paper Feed Gear (PFG) for HP 90xx Series - Fix HP OfficeJet Pro 9012 9015 9025 "The print carriage cannot move", BCH Paper Feed Gear (PFG) for HP 8000 Series - Fix HP OfficeJet Pro 8012 8025 "The print carriage cannot move", Pair of S2 Torx Security Screwdriver Bits for HP Printers - 1/4" T10 & T6, [Improved Version 2] Top-Load White Ink Damper for DTG/DTF Fits most models: L1300 L1800 L300 L350 L355 L550 L801 L800 L850, Support Arm HP B6P40 Printhead OfficeJet Pro 8022 8025 8028 8035, SOP24 E09A88GA (E09A88) Printer Driver Chip for Epson EcoTank SuperTank WorkForce Integrated Circuit IC, Modification Kit for Making Spongeless Cartridge with HP Integrated Cartridges 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 74, 75, 901(AS-RFC-HPSQ803-LEFT), Protective Storage Clip for 4CM Canon Integrated Cartridges PG-243 CL-244 PG-245 CL-246 PG-210 CL-211, Transistor Pair C6082 (2SC6082) and A2222 (2SA2222) for Epson EcoTank & WorkForce. Open the cartridge access door, and then wait until the carriage is idle and silent. "They" are not moving back to print and "stuck" on the right hand side. Does your HP printhead cartridge stuck or blocked and no longer moving to the left (stuck to the right)? Follow the steps in the video below to troubleshoot your printer's problem. thanks, Jun 21, 2018 by HP's Virtual Agent can help troubleshoot issues with your PC or printer. now it works! Hello! How to make generic ink cartridges work on HP printer? Unplug the Power cord from the electrical outlet. So I took the printer apart and figured out what is stopping the carriage from moving. The carriage will not move Technician: Benjie Turn the machine off and unplug it. Print, Copy, Scan, Fax. The alignment was also taken care of. Remove the rear access door. Therefore, please take a closer look at your Cartridge Clip @melissajane09. Check if the paper feeds. Rebecca Kaylor, Milly You may have a blown-out mainboard. Finding your Product Number. More support options for your HP device are available at http://hp.com/support.Continue the Conversation:http://hp.care/SupportForumshttp://hp.care/FacebookSupporthttp://hp.care/TwitterSupport#HP #HPSupport #HPOfficeJetSUBSCRIBE: www.youtube.com/HPSupportSHOP NOW: http://store.hp.com/us/en/ About HP:HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone everywhere every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. Save your personal devices and preferences, Managing contracts and warranties for your business, For Samsung Print products, enter the M/C or Model Code found on the product label. Please help!! We apologize for this inconvenience and are addressing the issue. Jan 3, 2020 by Finally found the fix for those who may have not been able to get the printer head(holds cartridges) to move from right or those who did and now say its printing is off. Let the device warm-up. Bought brand new heavy HP Office 9015e from Bestbuy and soon as I opened it and tried to set up it is not working! Hello Jacki! Also, move the Carriage to the right if its held in the center. Fix EcoTank (e.g., ET-2550, ET-3750) & WorkForce "no power" problem. {{#each this}} Do not force the carriage to move if it is locked or stuck. https://bchtechnologies.com/printer-repair-service Yes! Please let us know what happens. Top Load One-Way Flow Damper for DTG or DTF Printing. lornasbnb. Press the buttons on each side of the duplexer, and then pull it toward you. To the immediate left is a black piece situated on a little metal rod. @michael75575. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet. Good fortunes on your journey to closure. Powered by BigCommerce. Instead, the print carriage is stuck to the right. I checked "troubleshooting" and followed the steps indicated, but the condition of the carriage did not change. The white dial is simply a gear the turns the shaft which moves the carriage. I loved my HPs but after buying two that quit within the first year I switched to Canon. It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged. SOLVED: Ink cartridge carriage will not move - Printer - iFixit See if the paper feeds smoothly. Good luck, Rosa Campos Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus All-In-One InkJet Printer-No Print Head- Read at the best online prices at eBay! If your printer works and can do self-cleaning, everything is normal except the page Works on both XL and non-XL cartridges! You have to set the printer to print a document. The following improvement Support Arm Assembly HP B6P40 Printhead OfficeJet Pro 8022 8025 8028 8035. We repair DTF, DTG, and sublimation printers too! Donate your printer to us! Tried many other 'solutions' re. The print carriage cannot move HP Officejet Pro 6978 how to physically move the cartridge at the center? Follow these steps to clear any jammed paper. The black cover can be mistakenly installed backward. Whether the printer is powered on or powered off, the carriage cannot be moved manually, not even with significant force. . Once carriage has stopped, you can change the cartridge. note: The product might go through a warm-up period of up to two minutes. See your browser's documentation for specific instructions. @mikaellabrodeth. Check that you have the proper cartridge and that it firmly installed. I also tried this several times and it didn't work. The print cartridge seems to be stuck in the left most position (viewed from . Having it to support existing signout flows. I cannot access some screws to take cover off of ink area, because lid is in the way. Jul 22, 2020 by Should charge HP for such selling poor items. Cannot move cartridge, brand new you can just imagine such garbage. Open the carriage access door. Please make sure that the Paper Trays plastic tab is fixed securely on the retainer slot. Which, of course, I tried. How does HP install software and gather data? Although I was a little leery in manually moving the cartridge. Officejet Pro 8011 I went ahead and cleaned the print heads just for the sake. No jams. The carriage of your HP printer is an assembly that supports its ink cartridges. Having it to support existing signout flows. Cartridges stuck to the right, wouldn't move: error 'P-0-2' displayed. If the page displays in the wrong region or language, click the. Learn how to fix a carriage jam in your HP OfficeJet and clear the error: Carriage Jam: The print. I cannot get the ink carriage to move more than about a half inch. Mines a 9250 and can't move it either, really stuck in there, any other ideas plzzzz?? I hope this helps! There is no papers jam, no little pieces.