[Really is nervous] [walks up to a hapless guest, speaking confidentially]. Peter Venkman "Just pick up the phone and call the professionals!" Egon Spengler "Call the." All "Ghostbusters!" Egon Spengler "Serving all your supernatural elimination needs 24 hours a day." All "Ghostbusters! [to an invisible audience] Dana Barrett: This is Casey Kasem. Stay close. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together MASS HYSTERIA! Walter Peck: Below are some framegrabs taken from the outtake reel found on the 2019 Ghostbusters 1 & 2 4K/Blu-ray set. Peter grabs Ray's ear]. Dr. Peter Venkman: Louis: I meet you, and I say, my God, there's someone with the same problem I have. Dr. Peter Venkman: [abruptly closing her door] I guess they just don't make them like they used to. Gozer the Traveler, the Destroyer. Hey, this is real smoked salmon from Nova Scotia, Canada, $24.95 a pound! I've seen TV, I know you can't come in here without a warrant or writ or something! Suddenly the doorbell rings]. What about the Twinkie? Dr Ray Stantz: The mayor wants to rap with me about some things. [Peck is wiping the ectoplasm on his jacket] Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, no job is too big, no fee is too big! My friend, don't be a jerk! Could be race memory stored in the collective unconscious. Peter slaps the machine out of Egon's hand, Turns over the card and zaps the male student, to the male student, and holding up another card, Peter's hand slowly reaches for the zapping trigger, holding ghost trap like a rat by the tail, as he, Peter and Egon leave the hotel, Ray calls out to the witnesses, a giant marshmallow man crashes through the streets of New York, possessed by Vinz Clortho a.k.a. Dr Ray Stantz: Some people think I'm too intellectual but I think it's a fabulous way to spend your spare time. [Turns on radio] Louis: Cold-riveted girders with cores of pure selenium. Suddenly the doorbell rings, throws the guests' coats in the closet, oblivious that they hit the demon Vinz Clortho hiding there, Vinz Clortho growls from inside the bedroom, Dana starts passionately making out with him, moaning audibly, Louis has been possessed by Vinz Clortho a.k.a. Winston Zeddemore: Winston Zeddemore: It's not the girl, Peter, it's the building. That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me. I'll take Miss Barrett back to her apartment and check her out. [tries to go back into his apartment but he's locked himself out]. You are a poor scientist, Dr. Venkman! Dana Barrett: Hey Ray. Were here to help. Harold Ramis was an American comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director. No! This ecto containment system that Spengler and I have in mind is gonna require a load of bread to capitalize. Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis? [Turns over the card and zaps the male student]. [offers Ray a drink, which he reluctantly accepts]. Dr. Raymond Stantz: As filmed, the parts with the family were eliminated (though some of the dialog was repurposed for the Ghostbusters II commercial ), just leaving Peter, Ray, and Egon to give their spiel in front of the firehouse. If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute. Lenny, offically the church won't take any postion with the religious implications of these phenomenons. Hold it! [hears a siren approaching and an old, gray station wagon pulls up in the driveway]. This is it! Where are you from? To our first custumer. Of course you forget, Peter. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. I'm glad you could come, how you doin', give me your coats. Dr. Raymond Stantz: Walter Peck: Dr. Peter Venkman: No kidding! Dr. Raymond Stantz: Dr. Peter Venkman: I want you inside me. Dr. Egon Spengler: Nice shootin', Tex! And don't stare at me, you got the bug-eyes. The point of view pans out to reveal a security guard watching television. Dr. Raymond Stantz: Ghostbusters - Commercial / TV Advert CORE 4.74K subscribers Subscribe 1.7K 158K views 5 years ago This is the commercial for the Ghostbusters in the 1984 movie, "Ghostbusters" directed. You have been a participant in the biggest interdimensional cross rip since the Tunguska blast of 1909! Shut these off. Ray looks at Peter, who nonchalantly nods yes, Lightning flies from her fingers, driving the Ghostbusters to the edge of the roof and almost off; people below scream, Egon is running tests on Louis, who has been possessed by Vinz Clortho and is now the Keymaster, referring to her radical change in personality, long pause, Peter, Egon and Winston all look at Ray, they all see a giant cubic white head topped with a sailor hat, Peter looks at Ray, Persuading the mayor to let them stop a supernatural upheaval, Louis, as the possessed Keymaster Vinz Clortho, runs out of Central Park, scaring a married couple, Louis pants and sniffs, then notices a horse carriage; horse neighs, the possessed Louis growls at the coachman with his red-glowing eyes, clearing away tables in the dining room to make room for the ghost trap, He yanks a tablecloth off of a table, overturning and shattering everything except the centerpiece in the middle, Dana Barrett has just transformed into a demon, looking up and blinding Peter with his headlamp, walks up to a hapless guest, speaking confidentially, heads across the room, greeting other guests, Louis and the Tall Woman begin disco dancing. Janine is a more normal person than Spengler ever could be, to the point where he doesnt notice, or possibly care. Are we still going out? You're not supposed to have pets in the building. On Cover B of Ghostbusters Year One Issue #1, Winston's middle name Ramsey appears on the file. Janine, someone with your qualifications would have no trouble finding a top-flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries. Stimulants? Where are we gonna get the money? We most certainly can, Dr. Venkman. The Keymaster] Whoa somebody's coming! You could believe Mr. Pecker. Try to understand, this a high voltage laser containment system. [Louis pants and sniffs, then notices a horse carriage; horse neighs]. A fan re-creation of the commercial WITH on-screen graphics can be found on Spook Central here. You've never been out of college: you don't know what it's like out there. Well yeah, you know what I did? You gotta try this pole. The Destructor is coming. [Inspecting Dana's refrigerator for paranormal activity]. Dr. Egon Spengler: [Dana is at home doing exercises as she watches the news on television]. [after Gozer disappears] Dr. Peter Venkman: [about the storage facility] On Cover B of Ghostbusters Year One Issue #1, Winston's middle name Ramsey appears on the file. This voice said "Zuul". I HATE YOU, VENKMAN! They got fifteen thousand left on the house at eight percent. I climbed on the ledge and tried to disconnect the cable, but I couldn't get in, so you know what I did? Well, that's all right. And the flowers are still standing! Dr. Peter Venkman: Meter and Raymond takes photos] [to the male student, and holding up another card] We certainly can, Dr. Venkman. [standing] Dana Barrett: Hotel Manager: Dr. Raymond Stantz: Dana Barrett: I wanna know more about what you do here! The Ghostbusters dig Dana Barrett and Louis Tully out of the charred Terror Dog remains. Clear your head. Wheels of a baby carriage trail through it. [excitedly] Frankly, I've heard alot of wild stories in the media and we want to assess any possibility of dangerous and possibly hazardous waste chemicals in your basement. The trio run away screaming, half in shock, half in amazement]. All these years later and Ghostbusters remains the . How's the grid holdin' up? Dr. Egon Spengler: Nobody *ever* made them like this! [all get up to get ready] Dana Barrett: You go get a court order, and I'll sue your funny ass for wrongful prosecution. man Walter Peck is inquiring about the Ghostbusters effect on the environment. [shouting from the top of a fireman's pole upstairs] Dr. Peter Venkman: Just a few months after landing its new release date, Ghostbusters 4 has gotten a promising script update from star Ernie Hudson. Dr. Peter Venkman: When a speeding express train passes by, the spirits hitch a collective ride uptown -- taking over the cars en masse and sending everyone from motormen to muggers fleeing before them. Winston Zeddemore: Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown. Bye, Louis. Dan Aykroyd wrote the initial draft with his imagination totally uninhibited, emphasizing more strongly the science-fiction elements of the story and making the supernatural characters more prevalent. Thank you. I have a radical idea. [slaps Ray] The guests are starting to ask questions and I'm running out of excuses. What are you trying to prove here, anyway? The part where the bookcase falls over and Peter asks Ray "Has this ever happened to you before?" was not part of the original script. Ghostbusters: The Video Game - Game Script - Xbox 360 - By Mrmichaelt Dr. Raymond Stantz: [on the walkie talkie] This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! Okay. To his surprise, Jason Reitman cast Wolfhard because he identified with Wolfhard's audition tape. Dana Barrett: Dan Aykroyd's Original Ghostbusters Script Was Vastly Different Hotel Manager: Personally Lenny, I think it's a sign from God, but don't quote me on that. But we are having a special this week on proton charging and storage of the beast Dr. Peter Venkman: Hey, he pulls the wagon, I made the deals. Well that's great. Dr. Raymond Stantz: There's nothing else in my life! This is obviously more political in nature, but it ties back to the start a business element that keeps the movie grounded. [shouting while offscreen] Dr. Peter Venkman: Dr Ray Stantz: Quite simple really. Dana Barrett: Dr. Peter Venkman: I taped a 20-minute workout and played it back at high speed on my machine so it only took ten minutes. And he wasn't alone. Janine, sorry about the bug eyes thing I'll be in my office. To participate you need to go to a specific location and wait a countdown till the game starts. [training Winston] Gozer's final form was described as " David Bowie meets Grace Jones ". I don't believe this. Does this pole still work? That's it, c'mere Francine. It's right here, Ray. That said, the script is still funny, and some of the best lines in the film are still here, either exactly as is or in some variation. The 'busters explain the situation and how it will bring about the end of the world. Very scientific. This is the sign! Oh yes you will, I'll make sure you will. If I'm wrong, nothing happens! [heads across the room, greeting other guests]. NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY -- DAY The sun shines brightly on the classic facade of the main library at Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street. We can be on the verge of a four-fold cross rip. We'll cross the streams. Yes. You gonna answer that? Needs some suspension work and shocks. Someone saw a cockroach up on twelve. Dr. Raymond Stantz A Ghostbusters commercial is playing. I've gotta get this in the clear! -- A FARMHOUSE OUTSIDE NEW YORK CITY -- NIGHT On the farmhouse roof a CHICKEN-SHAPED WEATHERVANE stands silhouetted against a FULL, BLOOD-RED MOON. May I help you? Well, that's all we get day in, day out around this place. Dana Barrett: As a result, the final film has dialogue that isnt actually in the script, a lot of which does come from Murray. A loaded trap here open, unlock the system insert the trap release close, lock the system. [droning on] And now it looks like it may actually happen. Dr. Peter Venkman : [ as the Ghostbusters approach Gozer ] Grab your stick! You know, Mr. Tully, you are a most fortunate individual. Venkman! Dr. Egon Spengler: Walter Peck: Dr. Peter Venkman: Dr. Peter Venkman: [dryly] Dr. Peter Venkman: Someone should tell him that it's not going to do much good to scream at us in German. I think he can hear you, Ray. I wouldn't rule out clairvoyance or telepathic contact either. I'm Peter Venkman. Looks like we're in the teens somewhere. To go into business for ourselves. Yeah, we can do more damage that way. Dr. Peter Venkman: Everybody getting this so far? Dr. Peter Venkman: Why worry? Ray, the sponges migrated about a foot-and-a-half. We got it. Dr. Peter Venkman: You're not cheating me, are you? What's Gozer? Dr. Raymond Stantz: [Suddenly puts card down] Stantz (very enthusiastic) and Egon (meticulous and stoic) are on the hunt for paranormal activity, while Venkman (sleazy and opportunistic) is a parapsychologist with a minimal-at-best interest in ghosts. Come on! "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" is now expected in late 2021: Sony settled on November 11 to begin with, but the studio moved the release date back to November 19 after Paramount's "Top Gun: Maverick". Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Move 'em out. All right. Okay. Dr. Egon Spengler: Dr. Peter Venkman: Dr. Raymond Stantz: Male Student: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Dr. Peter Venkman: What I'd really like to do is talk to Dana. Master the art of visual storytelling with our FREE video series on directing and filmmaking techniques. Dr. Peter Venkman: Set your entry grid, neutralize your field and the light is green, the trap is clean! I'm gonna go for broke. Peter Venkman (Bill Murray), Ray Stantz (Dan Aykroyd), Egon Spengler (Harold Ramis) and Winston Zeddemore (Ernie Hudson) take a chance on going freelance, de-haunting houses in a new ghost removal service. We're the Ghostbusters. [Annoyed] A strong comedic cast, talented director, and a memorable theme song catapulted the movie to the history books. We're paying for this stuff! I saw it! [Walter Peck gets kicked out of the Mayor's Office] Winston Zeddemore has The Twinkie line. Let's talk serious, for the entrapment, we're gonna ask you for 4 big ones $4,000 for that, but we are having a special this week on proton charging, and storage of the beast, so we are gonna ask for $1,000 fortunate. Ghostbusters by Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd Final Shooting Script October 7, 1983 FADE IN EXT. [to the other inmates] Sorry, this isn't your lucky day. Dr. Peter Venkman: I'll be in my office. This is also a big reason why Ghostbusters was a big hit then and still a big hit now: relatable, down-to-earth characters and solutions going against paranormal and exaggerated problems. Dr. Peter Venkman: You can't park right here! HEY, ANYBODY SEEN A GHOST? You're right, no HUMAN BEING would stack books like this. when the light is green, the trap is clean. Since I joined these men, I've seen shit that'll turn you white. Oh, good, that makes me feel so much better. Dr. Raymond Stantz: This successful case turns into many, as the ghostbusters take over New York City as high profile exterminators, from interviews to news articles wondering about ghosts civil rights. I'm afraid you're gonna die. We go to jail - peacefully, quietly. [Persuading the mayor to let them stop a supernatural upheaval]. He's an ugly little spud isn't he? It's looking at me. Librarian Alice: Janine Melnitz: Dr Ray Stantz: Gozer the Traveler. WHAT "just popped in there?". I guess we'll just have to move. Walter Peck: Tall Woman at Party: A complete particle reversal. Yeah, what have you got? Ghostbusters II/Transcript | Moviepedia | Fandom Are you, Alice, menstruating right now? I've only been with the company for a couple of weeks, but these things are real. Please be aware that as an Amazon Associate, I earn a very tiny commission from purchases made though the Amazon links on this site. Your honor, our system was working just fine until the power grid was turned off by wally wick here. Dr. Peter Venkman: Winston Zeddemore: Columbia Pictures/YouTube. They gave us money and facilities - we didn't have to produce anything! Dr. Peter Venkman: Important safety tip. Oh, don't move, I just gotta get the door. Dr. Peter Venkman: While primarily known for playing Egon Spengler in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, Ramis had a strong career as a director, starting with Caddyshack (recognized as one of the best sports movies), and including National Lampoons Vacation, Groundhog Day, and Analyze This. Ghostbusters vRP, ESX, QBCore, Standalone - Cfx.re Community Egon, your mucus. It sounds like you've got at least two or three people in there already. Rivers and seas boiling! Dr. Peter Venkman: Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? The film even ends with Ira, Harry, and Wayne in a faux Head and Shoulders commercial reminiscent of the iconic "We're Ready to Believe You!" ad from the original Ghostbusters. I'm going bring this up with the Tenants' Association. [spins around to face another of the inmates, and starts singing] That's 5 for 5, you can't see these can you? And when writing the original Ghostbusters script, Ramis knew that improvisation would be part of the deal, especially when working with Bill Murray.