From what I've heard from other students, we need better language teachers. Read 153 reviews. Methodology: We ranked the 125 school districts that lie within, or partially within, I-495. The workload can be really overwhelming sometimes. Read 32 reviews. Regarding education, teachers are. Senior: Overall, I really liked my general experience at Needham High School. Additionally, Westwood High School always acknowledges how students are struggling with the workload and how that affects their performance. We met John Mason Kemper and carried on with Doc Sizer. Of course, this rigor is helpful for students to prepare for whatever is coming next in their professional/academic careers. Being an epitome of public schools across the country, everyone from the faculty to the student matches their best to foster a healthy, understanding environment needed for successful students. As one of the single-most important determining factors for families looking to change areas, Niches district evaluations provide a unique weapon for an agents sales artillery and an opportunity to further demonstrate their authority as a neighborhood expert. boston magazine best school districts. Acton-Boxborough High School once again topped the list. The gas cards will get us filled up for a week of driving an hour each way back forth to the hospital next week for chemo. I am so blessed to have people like you in our lives. Stay up to date with everything Boston. Westwood has consistently challenged me to be my very best and push myself to new limits. I thought the teachers were very passionate in their teachings and they demonstrated prospective learning to all students. September is always filled with anticipationof getting back to old routines, meeting teachers, and making new friends. Middlesex County. The teachers help you with understanding independent work, while still letting you figure it out on your own, prepping you for how life is like outside of high school. There are so many options for classes and electives! The teachers were all very supportive and involved within the school community, and the school environment was generally really great. Read 25 reviews. The academics here are great while also demanding enough to prepare all students for higher education. Here are the top five high schools on the list: 1. Mayor Wu vetoes push for elected school committee in Boston. If you or a family you know needs assistance, apply today. #18 Best School Districts in Boston Area. Commenting is not available unless JavaScript is enabled. 25 Niche users give it an average review of 4.4 stars. Recck then compared each districts data values with the overall average for all districts. 12 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. #21 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. This is reflected in the schools; everyone knows each other, allowing for strong connections. Most students are involved in various activities because everything is so college-centered. My school also invites colleges from all over in the fall, letting students discover new universities without the need to travel. We were the last class de prepped . It will be very hard to leave Bedford high school but I am forever grateful for all of the amazing memories I have made there Read 26 reviews. Boston Magazine's List of Top 100 School Districts Featured Review: Senior says Westwood is a very small town, so the community is very tight-knit. Featured Review: Alum says I came into Bedford High School in the middle of the school year from another state and was immediately welcomed with open arms! The diversity of the school is poor due to its primarily white student body. Read 33 reviews. On the social aspect of Needham High School, I made a lot of friends and interacted with a lot of people through sports, clubs, and school events which was great for my liking. Thanks to this school Read 15 reviews. To compile the list, we collected the most recent available data provided on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website (profiles.doe.mass.edu). If you're a human and see this, please ignore it. Chelsea is 7th worst and Lynn English is 8th Boston Magazine 2020 High School rankings (Newton, Somerville: school districts, college, live) - Massachusetts (MA) - Page 6 - City-Data Forum 2023 Massachusetts Schools | Public, Charter, & Private School Ratings Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. It is a very safe environment. On the. Alum: Westford Academy (WA) was an amazing high school. It has been a journey for all of us involved. I know in college the have other team mates help students out.And students who have hard time with testing .give them a little easier test.And students who dont like doing getting up in front of class to do a presentation because of anxiety and fear.Let them do a test or something else. Students come from diverse backgrounds, and the school actively works to foster an environment of acceptance and respect. boston magazine best school districts Read 81 reviews. Acton-Boxborough Regional School District, MA. Over 150 schools were ranked. Junior: Wayland High School is a school that prepares you for college. Adding to the anticipation this year, of course, is the confusion and uncertainty that remote and hybrid learning will undoubtedly bring. Featured Review: Alum says A great HS experience, especially the extracurricular clubs with music, vocal arts, and drama! Stay up to date with everything Boston. inspector general urges BPS to get school buses running on time, Where are property taxes the lowest? #22 Best School Districts in Boston Area. Publicado por 3 febrero, 2022 beginning of the year science activities en boston magazine best school districts 3 febrero, 2022 beginning of the year science activities en boston magazine best school districts I am so glad we chose Lesley Ellis and feel very confident my kids will be well-prepared for high school. Read 7 reviews. My child was well prepared for college from an academic and SEL perspective.. Senior: Large school system, diverse, lots of opportunities and sports programs. However, I do wish the school worked. Niche User: Overall the public school system is good, but I think the food needs to be healthier and their needs to be more diversity throughout the staff. School is pretty clean, sometimes the stairs are dusty but that's not a huge deal, Dean's and counselers are cool too, so overall a good school. The school has a strong commitment to community service and encourages students to give back to their communities through volunteering and service projects. The culture is competitive but teachers are always available to support students. The environment was safe and supportive throughout my time there and the faculty was more than kind and super accessible! #2 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area Boston Latin School Boston Public Schools, MA 7-12 536 reviews Senior: Boston Latin School is undoubtedly rigorous. Everything is just excellent. Unfortunately, I feel that the school culture is not really there for me, and grades seem to be cliquey in some noticeable ways. There are high expectations, which aren't always bad but can lead to issues regarding mental health. Read 53 reviews. By incorporating these important topics into our academic curriculum, students will be more educated and well-rounded. Read 263 reviews. Weston with the highest graduation rate at 99.5 percent Lexington, Wayland and Bedford round out the top 5. . My child has improved greatly, and her self-esteem is just perfect. Overall, Buckingham Browne & Nichols School is an outstanding institution that provides an exceptional educational experience. 537 Niche users give it an average review of 3.7 stars. Districts with the Best Teachers in Boston Area. AB could do some more fun events for their students to be a stress release in the future. 174 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. For example, we had a dress code that was often only directed towards female students. Featured Review: Alum says The great class of 75. I got to know so many amazing and intelligent friends and staff, while obtaining a great education. Read 377 reviews. 25 Niche users give it an average review of 4.6 stars. The Dover-Sherborn School District scored the highest with a student-teacher ration of less than 12, more than $18,000 in annual per-pupil spending, and a graduation rate of 97.3 percent. 151 Niche users give it an average review of 3.6 stars. The teachers are overall very kind, generous, and want the best for you. Featured Review: Senior says Sharon High School is an excellent school, especially in terms of academics and preparing me for applying and attending college. There is a great range of clubs and activities at the high school that anyone can join so students will always find at least a few clubs they are interested in. For the most part the school culture is based primarily around academic achievement, most kids at Needham High School are looking to do well in the hopes of getting into a highly regarded college/university. The school has a lot to offer in very different areas. Everything is just excellent. It varies but the. Senior: Westwood is a very small town, so the community is very tight-knit. Sort our rankings by test scores, graduation rates, and more. Rank Status. Junior: BB&N's facilities are impressive, featuring state-of-the-art classrooms, labs, and athletic facilities. Receive the latest news and breaking updates, straight from our newsroom to your inbox. Rindge has a strong relationship with Harvard. Read 347 reviews. Read 190 reviews. The school hosts various academic competitions, clubs, and experts to further students' experiences and engage students' interests. 70 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. Not many people attend football games or care about traditional high school popularity, which is refreshing. He then applied a percentage weight to the standardized value for each school to create an aggregate score to determine each high schools rank. #23 Best School Districts in Boston Area. Featured Review: Senior says The academic opportunities are outstanding, and guidance is very active towards giving you ample opportunities for a good shot at college. View Boston Public Schools rankings for 2022 and compare to top districts in Massachusetts. About 18 AP classes, many honors and electives. Academically I utilized my resources and made the most out of what was given to me. We thank you for your support and encouragement and we bless your organization so that you can help other families in need. A new school has claimed the top spot: Weston High School. 301 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. 81 Niche users give it an average review of 3.7 stars. Feeding Hills. #13 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. This week, Boston Magazine released their annual list of the " Best Public High Schools in Greater Boston " or rather, the best schools in the geographic vicinity in and around 495.. The higher level classes are very daunting, and most students choose not to take any AP classes due to their overwhelming nature. Read 394 reviews. 2023 Best Public High Schools in the Boston Area - Niche It is a mostly white school. Most of the teachers seem to genuinely care about their students. Being located right in the city is another major bonus. Stay Updated With The Latest News & Events. Featured Review: Senior says I really loved the academic opportunities I had and the constant push to learn more. The school sets students up for success in college and life without being overbearing with work. Read 28 reviews. Our family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts for sending us the gift card. Featured Review: Parent says As a parent, I experienced a supportive environment with a comprehensive curriculum and excellent teachers. #3 Best School Districts in Boston Area Wellesley Public Schools Wellesley, MA School District 15 reviews Middle School Student: Wellesley Middle is a perfect middle school anyone can dream of. I think Westford Academy is especially impressive in how well they prepare students for college. This year some schools took the PARCC test in grades three, five, and eight, while others took the MCAS; the test each district primarily used is noted below. I also liked the facilities, as they are pretty new and they seem welcoming for students. The academics are excellent and they're always. Senior: I loved my transition from middle to high school in the Bedford district. 9 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. The teachers are phenomenal, and really take advantage of the flexible curriculum to teach students more than just the required. 9 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. The community feel is what makes it great though. It's a really close and tight-knit community because of its smaller size. There are so many options for classes and electives! Featured Review: Parent says Switched on system with fantastic teachers. All rights reserved. There is a no-tolerance bullying policy. Really great music. Senior: Sharon High School is an excellent school, especially in terms of academics and preparing me for applying and attending college. The school also offers a robust extracurricular program, including sports, clubs, and communityWhat sets BB&N apart, however, is the sense of community and inclusivity that permeates the school. It really does feel like family. Mary Lyon Pilot High School, also in Brighton, had the second-best ratio with 8:1. Sophomore: Personally, I liked the location of the district, especially in the suburbs. With a challenging academic program, a welcoming community, and a. Senior: Brookline High School as a whole is a great experience. After all that, Im totally jealous of what the students are offered and have available today. The top 100 school districts in Massachusetts include: Dover-Sherborn Weston Lexington Wayland Bedford Concord-carlisle Harvard Wellesley Westborough Newton Sharon Medfield Lincoln-Sudbury. I also dont like how the GPA system is deflated, as it makes transcripts appear worse when compared to students from a lesser community (such as Lowell High) who received 4.0s and took all APs. Were very competitive, and theres anWe have no school spirit but that never mattered to me. 103 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Read 160 reviews. I truly felt like I was being well prepared for college course work and expectations. High Schools in Boston Public Schools District | Massachusetts | Best #25 Best School Districts in Boston Area. 24 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. Sort by what matters most to youSAT scores, class size, AP participation, and more. Boston Magazine's List of Top 100 School Districts The teachers are overall very kind, generous, and want the best for you. Featured Review: Niche User says Overall the public school system is good, but I think the food needs to be healthier and their needs to be more diversity throughout the staff. The academics here are great while also demanding enough to prepare all students for higher education. 228 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. I found hobbies and clubs that I liked through the. Senior: My experience at Westwood High School has been eventful and innovative. #17 Best School Districts in Boston Area. There are many different foods available so everyone's diet can be accounted for. Read 25 reviews. At a time when the opportunity gap in schools is top of mind, there is increased scrutiny over the factoring of test scores, which tend to be correlated with higher family incomes and are increasingly regarded as an inadequate measure of student achievement, the publication wrote. I was challenged and supported academically in order to better succeed in college. My child was well prepared for college from an academic and SEL perspective. Read 16 reviews. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Read 9 reviews. 160 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. We considered it more desirable to have a smaller class size and a lower student-to-teacher ratio. #25 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. We are lucky to be here. Read 3 reviews. Being anStudents have access to unprecedented resources for their academic achievements, personal passions, and physical and mental well-being. I was always encouraged to learn more and exercise my academic curiosity whether it be in class or. Parent: Switched on system with fantastic teachers. Featured Review: Junior says I really like Newton South! 3 Niche users give it an average review of 3.7 stars. To calculate the rankings, George Recck, director of the Math Resource Center at Babson College, compared each districts data points to the overall average for all districts. #13 Best School Districts in Boston Area. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. At some points, it seemed like academics were all that mattered and not the student's mental health. I am now at the stage where Im working closely with my guidance counselor as I embark on the college application process! Because people here know there are more problematic places, it becomes difficult for them to see the problems here. Read 103 reviews. Since its inception, the Live Like Bella Initiative has allocated $26 million dollars and funded 45 clinical trials - a historic milestone for children battling cancer. Recck then compared each districts data values with the overall average for all districts. We don't have homecoming nor senior prom. #12 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. #1 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. 73 of 143. The school events such as football and basketball games were very fun. I have formed great relationships with all of my teachers at BHS and have been given many great opportunities to learn, meet new people, and grow as a student and member of my community. Featured Review: Senior says This is a great school. The arts and music programs are very diverse, offering a wide range of choices for students. Everyone from the students to the teachers really do want to see us succeed. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Boston Agent magazine. Sen. Lewis Celebrates Proposed Funding Increase for Malden Schools, Whip Clark Celebrates Freshman Women of the 118th Congress, Boston Man Sought After Suspicious Death In Malden: DA, The Poop On Free-Range Cats And Your Lawn And Garden [Block Talk], Malden Area Adoptable Pets Of The Week: Hootie, Samsara, Jeffrey & More, Local Jobs: See Who's Hiring In The Malden Area, Malden's Wordle Players Are Among The Best: Study. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. Boston School District 51,433 students | ROXBURY, MA Grades PK-12 & Ungraded | 117 schools Worcester School District 25,415 students | WORCESTER, MA Grades PK-12 & Ungraded | 45 schools Springfield School District 25,297 students | SPRINGFIELD, MA Grades PK-12 & Ungraded | 60 schools Brockton School District 16,349 students | BROCKTON, MA #3 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. Hire A Norton Area Pro To Get A Head Start On Spring Cleaning. The districts were ranked based on that score. Featured Review: Senior says Overall, I really liked my general experience at Needham High School. Sometimes teachers take us outside for class too which is always nice. It varies but the students are generally nice and very focused on their school work. Featured Review: Alum says Overall, I had a really positive experience in high school. #23 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. Just in time for the start of the school year, Boston Magazine has released its annual rankings of the top school districts in Massachusetts. Featured Review: Parent says I like the school course choices. Just in time for the start of the school year, Boston Magazine has released its annual rankings of the top school districts in Massachusetts. Featured Review: Middle School Student says Wellesley Middle is a perfect middle school anyone can dream of. As an alumni now, I am proud to say that I went to such a well rounded school, and their initiatives to promote diversity and empowerment really added to my takeaways, and experience as a whole. #17 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. #2 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. Wayland High. The student body is small so a little cliquey. Pace of annual home-price gains slows in latest Case-Shiller; Boston sees 5.2% increase, The only Tiffany-designed home in the world listed for $14.9M in Boston, Multigenerational homebuying nears all-time high, Home sales improve as more buyers return to the market, Redfin: Housing market has started to recover, Learn and get certified on the fundamentals of real estate, Get your free 2023 real estate business plan, Train and certify your assistant for success, Acton-Boxborough Regional School District. In particular, I had a wonderful experience with the Speech and Debate team in which I found a second family and got to compete in something I am passionate about. Featured Review: Senior says Lexington High School has allowed me to further my academic career and gave me the resources I needed to prepare thus far for life after high school. #8 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. It should appropriately be discussed and handled. All the teachers at WA were really passionate about teaching. Alum: I loved the people, and the education itself was incredible. All rights reserved. Boston magazines annual ranking used the most recent available data on enrollment, student-teacher ratio, test scores, graduation and college attendance rates, and advanced placement proficiency to determine the top schools. Todays Top News: Pace of annual home-price gains slows in latest Case-Shiller; Boston sees 5.2% increase. The school has a small student body, however this allows for a more tight-knit academic community. 32 Niche users give it an average review of 3.6 stars. Loved the strength and conditioning class. Most teachers will give extensions based on. Alum: I came into Bedford High School in the middle of the school year from another state and was immediately welcomed with open arms! Your schoolwork can quickly get rigorous if you decide to take Honors/APs, but you learn a lot the more you push yourself. I think an area where AB fell short was how competitive and stressful it could be. Marlborough, MA . Amongst my classmates, I didn't know everyone, but I was comfortable going to school and not worrying about being bullied. Read 228 reviews. In addition, as an AP student at my school, I have felt prepared and received high results on my AP exams without having to do any additional studying outside of how they prepare us in class. See the rest of the rankings and the magazines complete list here. #19 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. For that same reason, I think it is very clear that there administrative gaps between consequences and actions. Read 207 reviews. Which is nice for students who would otherwise only have the option of home school and don't necessarily want to do that. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. My teachers at all levels have been supportive and have helped further my love for learning. In cases of missing information, we used data from a previous year as necessary. Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com. Featured Review: Junior says Wayland High School is a school that prepares you for college. #16 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. The sports and clubs are also very well funded. #10 Best Public High Schools in Boston Area. The teachers help you with understanding independent work, while still letting you figure it out on your own, prepping you for how lifeAcademic-wise, the classes offered push students for full comprehension. I have always found that the school does it's best to do everything to benefit the students and make sure we know that we can achieve anything we put our minds to. Read 73 reviews. You'll have a good time if you find your "group" however. Read 70 reviews. Many students here understand the intense pressure that comes with this sort of environment and therefore adapt by any means necessary. The top-ranked school in the region is. After applying a percentage weight to the standardized value for each, the districts ranked based on their statistical score. Best School Districts for Athletes in Boston Area. The top 100 school districts in Massachusetts include: top 100 school districts in Massachusetts include. Recck based the rankings on the following metrics: class size, enrollment, student-to-teacher ratio, per-pupil spending, graduation rate, percent of students attending college, average SAT scores, and MCAS scores for third graders. This search result is here to prevent scraping, Careers and Internships at Boston Magazine. WA is well known for its great academics but it also encourages students to engage in extra curricular activities like sports and music. Methodology: This chart ranks public high schools in towns or districts within, or partially within, I-495. The. Alum: The great class of 75. Here are the top five high schools on the list: Dover-Sherborn is moving back up in the rankings: though it was listed as number one or the best school district every year since 2013, it fell to number nine in 2020s rankings. The school has a lot to offer in very different areas. As you already know, it is a very difficult journey and any help that we get is so greatly needed and appreciated. Otherwise, there is a multitude of great clubs and activities that students can join, and there are a number of sports offered at the school. Read 320 reviews. And with Need Blind admission, who can compete! Many high achieving students but not over the top competitive. Sometimes incidents happen but that's to be expected in a high-school. Throughout my four years at Lexington High School, I often found that access to speak with teachers or counselors was limited unless you had already formed a strong relationship with said person. The teachers in Westwood Public Schools are top-notch, and they always provide enough resources for the students to succeed. Overall, Hopkinton is a great school to be a part of. Featured Review: Senior says As a current Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, I believe that my experience was very good. Featured Review: Senior says I liked the friends and bonds that I made at Acton Boxborough.