Horace Mann Elementary School, Melrose 3. Not only was every faculty member and teacher entirely committed to growing my academic potential, but also to ensuring every student has pathways to better understand their place in the world around them and navigate personal questions of purpose that are so essential to a high schoolers development. All my life I have been surrounded by teachers who thought boring lessons straight out of a book and clearly showed a lack of inspiration and effort when it came to teaching. 51 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. 2023 Best Public High Schools in Massachusetts - Niche When academic classes at Hillside resumed online on Monday, March 30, HillsidesHillside School set a date & time to launch remote learning of Monday, March 30, 2020 at 8:15 am to noon. The Pros and Cons of Mandatory Gym Class in Public Schools, top ranked public schools in Massachusetts, Is Your Child Ready for the Upcoming School Year? The cute New England Town only has a few places, but that is. Current Resident: Sharon is a great town! The high school equipped with nice classrooms, well kept hallways, and lovely Staff. Belmont, MA 100% (6 out of 6) Belmont High School Rank: #18 of 1,644 (Top 1%) (Math: 87% | Reading: 90%) Winn Brook Rank: #39 of 1,644 (Top 5%) I would highly. Senior: Lexington High School has allowed me to further my academic career and gave me the resources I needed to prepare thus far for life after high school. The top ranked public schools in Massachusetts are Dover-sherborn Regional High School, Lexington High School and Wellesley Senior High School. 10 Reasons Why High School Sports Benefit Students, Pros and Cons of Sports Competition at the High School Level. Home | MBA Programs The teachers. Alum: Couldn't be more blessed to have attended such a wonderful school system. Lacks a proper town center and public transportation, so a car is essential to get. Parent: My child has been very engaged by the curriculum here. It has a lot to offer in the schools from AP courses, sports clubs, robotics clubs, environmental clubs, DECA, HOSA, Mock Trial, and much more. According to the respected Academic Rankings of World Universities (the Shanghai rankings), when population is taken into account, Massachusetts ranks No. 72 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Massachusetts has the best public schools in the country, ranking shows These states have the best public school systems - The Hill The METCO program and the international provenance of many families contribute to the diversity of the student body. Find a School in Massachusetts Start here to find a great school in Massachusetts! #10 Places with the Best Public Schools in Massachusetts. The high school equipped with nice classrooms, well kept hallways, and lovely Staff. #17 Best School Districts in Massachusetts. Milind Tambe - Gordon McKay Professor of Computer Science - LinkedIn Weston High (Weston) | Ranked No. The teachers in Westwood are excellent, and they. Current Resident: Westford is a great town to live in. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. AP classes aren't offered until Junior year, excluding AP Computer Science in sophomore year. I like the athletic department lots of choices to ply sports. It recognizes what we've experienced as parents for our daughter at the school: committed, experienced teachers; administrators focused on prioritized improvements; students committed to academic excellence while also accepting of differences; engaged parents; and beautiful school settings. If you want privacy, bucolic setting and a small village feel, this is it. They are a great school for preparing students for college. The school counselor was phenomenal, both caring & proactive. Top 500 School Districts in America Show entries Previous Next Share the news on your site! The start of my career was rough, but thanks to the resources offered at HMS, I entered my second year with refreshed energy and an improved outlook on my middle school career. 10. School Name. . Parent: Despite complaints from other people, I have seen the difference in education between Brookline and other school districts and feel it's worth the investment to live here. I, including many of my friends, have moved here from somewhere else. Read 51 reviews. In my experience 90% of teachers and administration have been kind and understanding. Read 27 reviews. Parent: The staff responsiveness (teachers, administration, counselors, etc) was amazing throughout middle school. There were many opportunities for students to join different clubs and help to run events that shape their personalities. Featured Review: Parent says My child has been very engaged by the curriculum here. I haven't done any sports, but I've heard that it's also really good. Read 3 reviews. The top public high schools in Massachusetts, according to - Masslive This town is very family-oriented. My teachers at all levels have been supportive and have helped further my love for learning. Featured Review: Junior says AMSA is a public charter school founded in 2005 with a mission to provide a rigorous and challenging academic program that emphasizes math, science, and technology. 160 Niche users give it an average review of 4.4 stars. Prof. dr. Koen Pauwels - Principal Research Scientist - LinkedIn Best Massachusetts Middle Schools. Featured Review: Current Resident says I've lived in Newton my whole life; and although I feel like I live in somewhat of a bubble, I'm very grateful and privileged to live here. Holliston is ranked 1,206th nationally. New Bedford (Massachusett: Accushnet) is a city in Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States.It is located on the Acushnet River in what is known as the South Coast region. All school districts in Massachusetts, MA - GreatSchools Would like to see them to help students who are on sports team .With there homework like not so much. Read about how magnet schools differ and work when compared to other public schools. It is not for those interested in diversity, crime and nightlife. Read 15 reviews. Featured Review: Alum says I have enjoyed each of my 3years at Hopkinton Middle School. Home of numerous noteworthy institutions such as Harvard and M.I.T., education in Massachusetts has never been anything to scoff at. Only thing is that is extremely white and there is almost no diversity which really bothers me. Read 29 reviews. Featured Review: Parent says My children have found their people and place at Thayer and are thriving. The school offers a variety of. #2 Best Public Middle Schools in Massachusetts. The field trips, teachers, school spirit, are all unique and not something you find in many places. Location. Newton South High School One of Newton's two public high schools (the other also appears among the top 10 in Massachusetts), Newton South has nearly 1,900 students and a student-teacher . However, I do wish the school worked. Niche User: Overall the public school system is good, but I think the food needs to be healthier and their needs to be more diversity throughout the staff. I also dont like how the GPA system is deflated, as it makes transcripts appear worse when compared to students from a lesser community (such as Lowell High) who received 4.0s and took all APs. #25 Places with the Best Public Schools in Massachusetts. Can Students Be Legally Prosecuted for School Fights? 39 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. If youre a nature lover, its hard to beat Sudbury - biking, hiking, birding, canoeing and many more activities abound right in town. Featured Review: Alum says The academics were strong at this middle school but the culture was very competitive and mildly toxic.. Middle School Student: I went to Heath School for grades K - 7, and I overall had a okay experience there. That being said there is this undeniable pressure within the Newton public schools regarding academics and class placements. On the other hand, most sports make it to the TVL's. #12 Best Public Middle Schools in Massachusetts. New Bedford, Massachusetts - Wikipedia Current Resident: Lincoln is a small town with easy access to the city of Boston and its surrounding towns. I do think it's easy to fall behind if you are not very active with the teachers. Dover-Sherborn Regional High School - Location: Dover-Sherborn Regional School District, MA - Student population: 662; Student-teacher ratio: 12:1 - Reading proficiency: 95%; Math proficiency: 95% - Average graduation rate: 95% - Overall Niche grade: A+ - Academics grade: A+ - Clubs and activities grade: A- 2 / 20 Leading the rankings for 2023 as the best public college in Massachusetts is University of Massachusetts Amherst. We're delighted to be part of this school community. Read 12 reviews. 24 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. Featured Review: Middle School Student says I currently am going into seventh grade and I have heard and seen great things the teachers are enthusiastic and love their jobs. It is also a very safe environment for kids to grow up in. Featured Review: Current Resident says Hopkinton is a very resident based town. For instance,. Alum: Chenery was an amazing learning environment, with some of the best teachers I've ever experienced! Top Ranked Cities with Best Public Schools in Massachusetts (2023) City % of Schools in Top 10% Statewide Top Ranked Schools (Math Proficiency % | Reading Proficiency %) 1 - 2. They meet your kid where they are at rather than fitting them into a program that doesnt work. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. There's also occasional racism and hate, but. Sophomore: Personally, I liked the location of the district, especially in the suburbs. In 2017, Regis was ranked as the top Catholic high school in the U.S. by Town and Country Magazine. The teachers are wonderful and nurturing; and the advisor program encourages involvement and good study habits. Throughout my four years at Lexington High School, I often found that access to speak with teachers or counselors was limited unless you had already formed a strong relationship with said person. New York Schools: More Financial Aid For Undocumented Students? Overall a lovely place to live and for kids to grow up. Read 19 reviews. There are 62 Blue Ribbon Schools, 78 charter schools and 12 special education schools. I think Westford Academy is especially impressive in how well they prepare students for college. It has a lot to offer in the schools from AP courses, sports clubs, robotics clubs, environmental clubs, DECA, HOSA, MockI would like to have winter and summer folk festivals to bring more flavors to the town!. Same with diversity of stores and restaurants, though this has improved a bit. 19 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. Very limited town services. #12 Best School Districts in Massachusetts. Featured Review: Former Resident says Dover is what it is, an affluent bedroom community within easy commute of Boston. There is a vary wide range of students and the teachers do their best to support them. Hopkinton provides that comforting feel that I crave which is why I love this town and everything it has to offer. Read 37 reviews. We are lucky to be here.. I also liked the facilities, as they are pretty new and they seem welcoming for students. After all that, Im totally jealous of what the students are offered and have available today. Junior: Norwell Public Schools has provided me with an amazing education. Best Massachusetts Elementary Schools. There is also a vaping issue, and I wished the school took bigger measures to educate teenagers about the negative consequences from these habits. The goal of the Massachusetts public K-12 education system is to prepare all students for success after high school.