With an integrated handle on the Dobsonian alt-azimuth mount, moving this 6.3 kg (14 lb) telescope to and from your viewing location is very easy. I prefer the Lumicon UHC to it. My home site is in the Dallas white zone and is locally heavily bathed in floodlight from the big church parking lot immediately across the alley from my driveway observing spot. Todays TSS APOD comes from member JayTee (JT). The optics are exactly the same. "good" is more important at higher magnifications. The home to all amateur astronomers & telescopes! If cold weather is an issue in your area be sure to use a grease that doesn't stiffen up too much in the cold.I am unable to align the red dot sight that came with this telescope to the point of focus of the scope, the adjustment wheels do not allow me to converge the two points. If decent eyepieces will be approaching (or beyond) $100 each, I think I'll postpone that for now and come back to your recommendations a little further down the road. By the end of this post, you should have a better idea of which telescope is right for you. Sky-Watcher Heritage 130P Review - Recommended Scope - Telescopic Watch In the wide field end, the 25 that came with the scope is fairly decent. I agree with the earlier recommendation of the Astrotech Paradigm / Agena dual ED eyepieces, though. It also has a phone adapter to take pictures or live stream what you see through the telescope. If somethings more than Id like to spend at present, but a cheaper one would be too cheap, Id prefer to just save my money and wait. There are other brands that do the same thing but I have no experience with them. Oxygen III is by far the most prominent emission line and is regarded as the most useful filter. You do need to be properly dark adapted, use averted vision, and use the correct magnification range, but you often don't need a lot of aperture to get some benefit from nebula filters. These are not very expensive (cheaper than a good EP). Thank you. ALL profits go to Astronomers Without Borders global astronomy programs. Onesky Holdings Limited; Operon Biotech And Healthcare; Oracle Equipments . Here (UK) costs came into it as the Paradigm was least cost and Meades were around twice as much. The Orion nebula, grows in size and detail. Filters: Never bothered any. It is an important tool for beginners because it can be difficult to know if the optics are aligned properly. The Zhumell Z130 is a great value for the price and is a good choice for anyone looking for an easy-to-use telescope. 2. It costs more, but something higher magnification in 70'ish or 82 deg apparent field of view will be just as wide as a 50 degree 32mm or 68 degree 24mm. The Awb Onesky also has high-quality optics, but the primary mirror is not parabolic. It threads into a hole in the rail that the telescope tube slides on and acts as a stop to keep the tube from sliding down too far when you stow it in the most compact configuration. dark skies!, since now i already bought my 10x50 (still waiting for january when my bins arrive), i'm planning on saving and purchase my 1st scopes and my decision tend to awb onesky, cause the review all over internet is this scopes lens is amazing for the price range, besides half of the money goes to charity for funding science stuff. Meade Infinity 102 ($209) The Meade Infinity 102 is a 4-inch refractor telescope. Awb Onesky vs Heritage 130P | What's the Difference? I can also give it a try with the 2x barlow I have and see if there is any change or if it stays fuzzy threw the zoom range. The 12mm Paradigm/barlow combination is like a virtual 6mm eyepiece, and I agree with SteveG that's a good high-power eyepiece with the OneSky. Join to ask your own questions and share your own experiences. When it comes to a zoom eyepiece, the Baader Hyperion zoom 8-24 mm is a real step up from the stock eyepieces. Calling it "the best bang-for-buck beginners scope", it also recommends the OneSky "for seasoned observers looking for a highly portable grab-and-go-scope". Continue with Recommended Cookies. You can probably find answers to all your questions here: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/463109-onesky-newtonian-astronomers-without-borders. Narrowband filters work best on certain nebulae though, as the emission of them varies between each nebula. So, whats the difference between them? If it's used a lot, though, Teflon tape can wear out. This tool is used to align the optics of the telescope. I live in a bortle 6, the dumbbell nebula which is fairly bright, is undetectable in a 4 inch refractor. This window reflects the red LED light into the viewers eye, creating a virtual representation of the dot overlaid on the sky. Check out our north rhine westphalia selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. . I dont really have a hard number for a budget here, but the telescope I have (a $200 beginners telescope, but a good one) should give you a ballpark feel. It was terrific. Otherwise I have enough outside glare to. As opposed to the AWB One Sky, it comes complete with a tripod mount, and a full complement of 3 Kellner eyepieces, as well as a Barlow lens. One of the key differences between the Awb Onesky and Zhumell Z130 is that the Awb Onesky is on a Dobsonian mount while the Zhumell Z130 is on an alt-azimuth mount. Hi All, I have and AWB Onesky and I'm looking for recommendations on some accessories. This gives the right amount of magnification for many nebula. Amazon.com: Astronomers Without Borders Onesky 130 First Mars from tonight 3-4-23 Is this betteror worse? For the nebula filter, I appreciate the comments on that. NOTE: This product, which is a fundraiser for AWB worldwide programs, can only be shipped to addresses in the United States. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for AMT 1/25 Cal Drag Combo 64 Galaxie AWB Falcon & Trailer Model Kit AMT1223 at the best online prices at eBay! motor drive, and a StarPointer red dot finderscope. Broadband filters (commonly sold as UHC, CLS, etc) work by cutting off wavelengths of light relating to common sources of light like sodium streetlights. Astro-Tech Paradigms are considered very good eyepieces, receiving numerous positive reviews and comments. In my little 4.5-inch f/7.9 dob it gave circle-T orthos some serious competition on Jupiter and Saturn--and with much better eye relief. (Fig.a) Fig.a Slightly loosen these screws 3. Locate the red dot finder. Are these the same general filter type? Its Dobsonianmount makes it easy tomaneuver and easy to set up and take down after a long night of observing. That means it doesn't come up with a GPS function. With a 1.8x Barlow the 25mm effectively becomes a 14mm and the 10mm becomes 5.6mm giveing you 4 magnifications to observe with. Worse case I end up with a known good svbony zoom and replace the barlow if it truly is making things blurry. That's a fine scope you have there, very capable and at a great price. and this is especially important for an open truss tube design like the AWB 130. The scope is easy to aim, comes with a decent set of accessories, and has excellent optics. A Dobsonian is made up of two parts (in fact, these parts usually ship in separate boxes); the Optical Tube Assembly (OTA) and the Rockerbox. Edited by Lazaroff, 09 October 2020 - 09:25 PM. Find interior designers & decorators near me on Houzz. The Awb Onesky costs around twice as much as the Zhumell Z130, but it is also more portable. According to Giffords, a group that advocates for tighter gun regulations, there are fewer than a dozen states with so-called assault weapons bans. The Zhumell Z130, on the other hand, is a Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope. Let your eye adapt and lunar observing gets comfortable. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The Zhumell Z130 telescope is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it easy to transport from one location to another. Unboxing: OneSky 130 - Best Inexpensive Telescope 4K Video Reed Diffuser, Onesky Ocean Mist Home Fragrance Gift Set for Home Bathroom Office Elegant Decorations, Aromatherapy Oil Refill -3.4 fl oz . Big time best buy. However, I would suggest hat you wait a while and use your existing EPs along with your Barlow for a while before spending much money om upgrade EPs. The OPs scope only accepts 1.25 eyepieces. AWB OneSky Reflector Telescope (US delivery only) Regular price $249.99. Hydrogen Beta, Oxygen III). I am very pleased with the DGM NPB nebula filter for many emission nebulas. By visiting our website, you've saved yourself the trouble of reading thousands of reviews. Shipping is by UPS Ground and can take from one to five business days depending on the distance from California. Press J to jump to the feed. I have a few (check my sign block) filters, and basically don't use the visual ones they dont seem to help as much as I would have hoped come to think of it, since I went back to visual a few years back, I dont think I've used them at all We all view differently, and maybe you'll have the opposite opinion Hello.,First.,if you want good eyepieces they can cost as much as the scope.,I very often use a $320 ep in my Onesky.,But there are others not as expensive.,it depends on how much fov you want.,and how good you want the fov to look.,I mostly use my ES eyepieces in the OS.,The 14/82 is a very good match.,as is the 16/68.,I have other eps but the ES are the ones I have used the most in my OS.. As far as filters.,I have tried a few but without any good results.,not sure if it's me.,the scope or the filters.. My suggestion is to try an ES ep.,if they are not out of your budget.,they will be a lifetime investment.,good luck.. Eyepieces depend very much on the budget per eyepiece. That eyepiece is a real keeper. Another option is wax. My first suggestion is either a good 5mm or a good 2x barlow. The Zhumell Z130 has a parabolic primary mirror, eliminating spherical aberration and other visual flaws. In short, different nebulae emit energy in different wavelengths and when a filter's passband matches a nebula's emission band, apparent contrast is enhanced. Or you may want to look through North Rhine-Westphalia . Slide the red dot finder onto the base and tighten the screws to secure it in place . I did forget to mention that the 2x barlow + 25mm eyepiece seems blurry as well. This is due to the rods that allow the OneSky to collapse.2) In additon to the solar filter, you MUST cover the open part of the OneSky's tube to block sunlight that might otherwise reach the primary mirror and form a focused -- and very dangerous -- high-intensity image of the Sun on the opposite side of the tube. There were candidates but checking against Wikisky.org a minute ago verified that I did not see this PN though I was looking right at it. Others may feel differently. When transporting your telescope, ensure it is secure and protected from bumps. This means that the telescopes optics will not be aligned properly, resulting in poorer image quality. The OneSky telescope from Astronomers Without Borders - imported to the US exclusively for AWB by Celestron* (see below) - features a 130mm paraboloidal f/5 mirror. for answers to common questions such as "When will I receive my order?" PharmiWeb Jobs Germany on Twitter | Whats Good About Them? Inside, a review titled "One Telescope for Everyone?" This means that it will be able to show you a wide range of magnifications. 2-28-2023 TSS Astrophotography Photo of the Day. - Neutral density filter (and how dark of a ND filter would you want for a 5 reflector for looking at the moon?). Read on as I discuss the advantages of using the Zhumell Z130 Dobsonian telescope. Just rubbing a lip balm stick on the threads will do the job. What are they, and why are they there? The AWB Onesky is a very impressive telescope. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. For this reason, the Zhumell Z130 is a better choice for serious amateur astronomers who want the best possible image quality. Bang for buck you'll get a more capable telescope. Filters: Never bothered any. Lol., *gasps* You mean one of those cute little cases on Amazon with 10 eyepieces and 10 filters for $80 won't give me everything I'll ever need? I strongly recommend just getting a simple, low-cost 2x barlow first. Recent solar activity has allowed those living in the northern regions to see some spectacular Auroras. Moon filter again never bothered, although I do have some, by accident not design I will point out. Parts for the Farlane and Falcon are on the same parts tree with no way to identify them. If so, congratulations! Telrad Dew Shield Plus with Mirror for 90 Viewi. It WILL reward the use of "better" eyepieces but functions well with the supplied kit. is a bit too much on most nights though. That leaves me with a 1.8 or 2x barlow to expand the range of my 25 and 10mm eyepieces. Place it in a 2x barlow for planetary viewing. Best Dobsonian Telescopes - Astronomy Source Probably the biggest surprise I have had from nebula filters is how much they added to the observations made from a very dark site in New South Wales via 32" ultra-premium Dob. The Zhumell Z130 Dobsonian telescope features high-quality optics that provide users with clear night sky views. Read through customer reviews, check out their past projects and then request a quote from the best interior designers & decorators . OneSky Accessories - Astronomers Without Borders These provide 26 and 65 power magnifications, perfect for this scope. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32740870752.html (avoid short Plssl under 10mm and the bad 62 copper tops). Namely, when you are magnifying past what your seeing conditions will allow. There is also a great deal of information of all kinds in a long-running discussion of the OneSky and its use on the astronomy forum Cloudy Nights. Very Large Lens System, what can I do with it? If that doesn't work then try holding it so it is pointing in the direction more adjustment is needed and tighten it there. IC289 - This small ~faint PN did not show up tonight at any magnification, w/ or w/o a filter. The crosshairs in your telescope are most likely to be spider vanes, the metallic or plastic pieces that hold the telescopes secondary mirror in place. Filters are something which can help, but are not a necessity. Well, you can rent a telescope from a rental company or an individual. Our signature - exclusive OneSky telescope is provided courtesy of Celestron. Another disadvantage is that it does not include a Barlow lens. Well, I'm afraid that this statement has some real problems. Plus it will let you get to just the right amount of magnification without going over. Means in general that you need a good size aperture to collect enough to be able to block most of it and still have something visible. One guy's opinion,the fuzziness you're seeing at higher magnification is just a function of higher magnification. ", Please provide a street address as this product cannot be shipped to P.O. First some background on what Im using and what my goals are: The telescope is a Celestron/AWB OneSky 130. Join a local astronomy club where you can actually see, use and discuss EPs and scopes, etc. 10 Best Awb Onesky Reflector Telescope Recommended By An Expert (just kidding). A Red Dot finder has a thin curved window oriented at 45 degrees. The Z130 performs better than other tabletop telescopes of a similar size, a difference you can see and appreciate under the stars thanks to its industry-leading optical components. $25.95. Slightly loosen screws on the side of the finder. That may be due to the outward pressure of the rolled shroud being held by the collar and other parts of the OTA so the tension is mostly into the tape . The red dot finder is a small, lightweight device that projects a red dot onto the night sky. The O-III on the other hand was very useful. Unbeatable customer support: Buy with confidence from the world's telescope . Recommended Accessories . Sets up easily. I imagine many around here are familiar with it, but for any that arent, its a 5 Dobsonian that came with 25mm and 10mm upgraded quality Plossl eyepieces, giving me magnifications of 26x and 65x with this telescope. The telescope accessories are also excellent, dependable options. Mine is now in the hands of a couple of young teens whose dad reports that they still use it regularly to observe the moon and major planets. For nebula filters, I have the orion ultra block, it is what is termed a narrow band, or Ultra High Contrast, uhc filter. Personally I use a cheshire ($15), a 3.2mm, 6mm, 12mm and 32mm. Before you hire an interior designer or decorator in Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, shop through our network of over 784 local interior designers & decorators. Can you get to a local club and either borrow a few or look through scopes while they are being used? The OTA is the reflector telescope itself, and the rocker box is the mount. Of course, being a tabletop, it's portable, but at only 14lbs, it's lightweight as well. If you plan on using the telescope for high-resolution photography or astronomy, you may want to consider a different telescope. They also tout helping astronomers worldwide through your purchase from AWB "even as you are bathing your own eyes in glorious starlight.". They show greater contrast between the sky and nebulae than broadband filters since they block out all of the useless light, unrelated to the nebula. The Zhumell Z130 has one peer in all of this: The SkyWatcher Heritage 130P (also sold as the AWB OneSky 130). 1-16 of 18 results for "astronomers without borders onesky 130" RESULTS. . When looking at the eyepieces, they both use a 1.25-inch helical focuser. [], A blurry Telescope is a result of an incorrect focus, too much magnification, environmental factors, temperature, [], So you just set up your telescope, and when you look through the eyepiece, you see [], Superb mechanical and optical quality is one of the major reasons Takahashi telescopes are so expensive. A UHC and an O-III match 95% or more of the available nebular objects. Narrowband nebula filters work really well. Max on that scope is just under 2.4 degrees. Review: Astronomers Without Borders' OneSky starter telescope - New Atlas Having high power eyepieces is generally better than having the barlow - less glass=better image. Free shipping, sponsored by Celestron, is included in the US. with fellow astronomers in person (if/when/as the pandemic fades our). 1 2. At the highest mag used, there was a stronger hint of the darker center and some limited indication of internal structure. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability, Celestron Telescopes to explore our universe, Celestron - 80mm Travel Scope - Portable Refractor Telescope - Fully-Coated Glass Optics - Ideal Telescope for Beginners - Bonus Astronomy Software Package - Digiscoping Smartphone Adapter, Celestron - AstroMaster 130EQ Newtonian Telescope - Reflector Telescope for Beginners - Fully-Coated Glass Optics - Adjustable-Height Tripod - Bonus Astronomy Software Package, Celestron - NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope - Compact and Portable - Newtonian Reflector Optical Design - SkyAlign Technology - Computerized Hand Control - 130mm Aperture, Telescopes for Adults, 70mm Aperture and 700mm Focal Length Professional Astronomy Refractor Telescope for Kids and Beginners - with EQ Mount, 2 Plossl Eyepieces and Smartphone Adapter, Zhumell Z100 Portable Altazimuth Reflector Telescope, Gskyer Telescope, 70mm Aperture 400mm AZ Mount Astronomical Refracting Telescope for Kids Beginners - Travel Telescope with Carry Bag, Phone Adapter and Wireless Remote, Telescope 80mm Aperture 600mm - Astronomical Portable Refracting Telescope Fully Multi-coated High Transmission Coatings AZ Mount with Tripod Phone Adapter, Wireless Control, Carrying Bag. Lunar and planetary views really surprised me with their crispness.". 1 . Telrad Reflex Sight Finder - High Point Scientific AWB Onesky Reflector Telescope Review - Wired Cosmos With a truss tube that collapses to 14.5 inches in seconds and a total weight of just 14 pounds, performance and convenience are combined in one portable package. The OneSky also has a phone adapter to allow you to use your smartphone as a camera. My setup is a 32 mm plossl (for wide viewing, the Pleiades fit in completely), the Baader Hyperion zoom and a 4 mm planetary. This is a great way to have a close-up glimpse of the galaxies without having to invest in a telescope of your own. It weighs only 14 lbs and is only 14. The Zhumell Z130 is slightly larger, weighing 22 lbs and measuring 36 long. Despite this, the scope is relatively small, partly due to the paraboloidal mirrors 650 mm(25.6 in) and focal length at f/5. I highly recommend trying the Svbony aspeheric 10mm & 23 mm 62 degree EP ($10-15 each) from Amazon or Ebay. Please provide a street address as this product cannot be shipped to P.O. Come join the newest, most engaging and inclusive astronomy forum geared for beginners and advanced telescope users, astrophotography devotees, plus check out our "Astro" goods vendors. First Mars from tonight 3-4-23 Is this betteror worse? AWB OneSky 130 Telescope Travel Bag - LIGHT WANDERER It The truss tube telescope collapses into a compact size for storage and transport. A Barlow lens is an additional lens you can use with the telescope to increase the magnification. I certainly understand that they only remove light, but with a modest haze of light pollution or other light washing out the light glow of a nebula, that's exactly what I'm looking for. This will give you a nice medium power when used with your 25 mm. I have that scope. Find local furniture stores and accessories manufacturers, showrooms and retailers on Houzz. 3. The optics are quite good. Do you really mean the $700 13mm 100 Ethos? The truss-tube design allows for travel and storage and with its sturdy mount, all you need is a handy table. Having said that, in your position, I'd get a Meade or some other brand zoom. But, unlike those telescopes, the 130P has a collapsible tube. If this doesn't work, contact us at [emailprotected] so we can take care of the problem for you.What tripod should I buy for my OneSky?The OneSky has an integrated mount that's meant to sit on a table or some other support. Why Are Questar Telescopes So Expensive? The telescope tube can be removed and placed on a different telescope but not just a tripod alone. Thank you all so much for any help/suggestions! There are TV plossls but basically double the above and add a bit, they are good. Sale. The Awb Onesky and Zhumell telescopes are two popular models that offer different features. These include the shroud, fixing the red dot, and degree circles (makes finding stuff so very much easier). The scope is primarily a widefield instrument and it is capable of planetary/lunar observing too. The Zhumell Z130 Dobsonian telescope is not designed to be collimated. It can take three to four business days for processing before shipment. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality. This means the Heritage 130P will have a slightly narrower field of . Nothing can stop you from enjoying the OneSky package as delivered. "Syneos Health Commercial Solutions: Apothekenauendienst - Essen/ Unna/ Iserlohn in Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia - Syneos Healt https://t.co/E0XwJnHeGa # . The bill is modeled after legislation that has been passed in other parts of the country. Regular price $149.95. If you don't mind a barlow, a $30-$35 barlow will give you the equivalent of a 25, 12, 10 and 5. with your current eyepieces. Best 15 Local Furniture Stores in Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia - Houzz Years of extraordinary views will be available to you. NGC7662 - Very easily seen w/o filter in any eyepiece used from 42x and 2.4mm exit pupil to 154x and 0.7mm exit pupil. They are extremely effective in all my scopes from 4 to 16" apertures. Will add in the ES52 range to the above. | Are They Worth It. So, with all that said, what are some recommendations for: Takes higher power than the supplied eps very well. This will help to protect the optics and prevent dust from accumulating on the lenses. Narrower field of view, 52 degree surprisingly, but reports say good. Celestron NexStar 130 SLT. Need help deciding. : r/telescopes I have one. Shipping is by UPS Ground and can take from one to five business days depending on the distance from California.Can I pay extra for expedited shipping to get my OneSky sooner?Celestron, the world's largest telescope manufacturer, is not a retailer with the usual shipping options. The Astro-Tech Paradigm Dual ED eyepieces recommended above are top economy options but the ES68 24mm IS worth the $ for sure. Thank you. You currently have javascript disabled. Yes, they are, The great thing about having bought an inexpensive scope with really good optics is how it will reward optically fineauxiliarycomponents. They also are Not "throwaways" by any means - these are a some of my most useful EPs on a wide variety of telescopes.