By the way; it is a pretty decent movie in the class with Quiggley Down Under.almost. I started out with 10 to 15 grains, then worked up. Colonel in Texas Army. There, you should find a roman numeral or two character alphabetical stamp. But it's action Oh, it's action REALLY stank. converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination Not Richards Mason, but Richards like Tom Selleck had in "Sabre River". Blue in very good 44 Caliber; very good+ bore, good grips, 7.75'' barrel, Pietta .44 caliber Remington 1858 style six shot black powder revolver in nickel plate finish. The Colts often did have short safety pins at the back of the cylinder which could be engaged with the notch in the hammer nose, to accomplish exactly the same thing however. Finish in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. So I fire the shotgun first now, and cuss at the rammer, and have 9 chambers of wholy fun otherwise. A quick look netted this info from a CAS City post: ASM was one of the first Italian manufacturers back in 1960 along with Uberti. ASM Remington 1858 Replica .44 Cap For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I noticed in the latest Taylors catalog that they are also using the name Armi in, front of the Chiappa name in that catalog. WebASM Hammer (1858) Check Stock Price US$38.50 Quantity Item 2 Code 111ASM002 Description Asm Hammer (1863 Pocket) Check Stock Price US$24.20 Quantity Item 3 Any rifle, pistol or shotgun made prior to that majic date is paper free. 6d 19h left (Thu, 11:33 AM) $29.95 Buy It Now +$7.95 shipping Sponsored Genuine ASM & CVA - Stop Bolt - For Remington 1858 Revolver - Armi San Marco New (Other) $27.95 Buy It Now +$3.99 shipping Sponsored No. It just looks cooler (IMO) than the navy, walker, or dragoon. Youll love it! Fordyce Beals. I found that mis fires and hang fires happened all the time. THE FRAME RETAINS 97% OF ITS CASE COLORS. The instruction manual back then did not give any information on proper cleaning. This was a very common happening in the field. Although original 1858s were finished in a very uniform blue, I particularly like the color-case hardening on the frame and the plain-jane, oil-finished grips. 21478. ASM was one of the first Italian manufacturers back in 1960 along with Uberti. The greatest going away gift I ever got in my 25 years in the Army was the Uberti 1873 with my name and callsign engraved on the barrel that the guys in my battalion gave me when I left command. Dont touch it unless the gun is pointing in a safe direction cause there is is no transfer bar. If yoiui can keep all six shots in a four inch circle, at whatever range you think you are likely to see a deer, then take your Remington Percussion Revolver hunting. Having said this, I did take a whitetail a couple years ago with my 1858 Remington (standard max load per the Pietta manual). THE FRAME AND HAMMER RETAINS APPROX 90% OF THEIR COLORS.. I HAVE A 1858 44CAL. NAVAL SCENE ENGRAVED ON CYLINDER. I use the same 452s in my bps that my wife uses in her .45 acp both 452s with the ring shear it is still .450. The 1858 Remington is a single-action, cap-and-ball percussion revolver, usually .44 caliber, although versions were also made in both .31 and .36 calibers. The thing now runs great, and I enjoy shooting it when I do. Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Black Powder replica. Grips Years ago ASM had some fine artisans..the guns were good.ASM was under the direction of the Son in Law of Aldo Uberti. ASM 1858 1863 pocket Theyre fun guns to mess with, but understand the maintenance requirements before spending the money on one. Hooray for water! Black powder is scary in the beginning. This was sold and moved to Marietta, OH., and then, in around 1973, was sold to Navy Arms. The 1858 Remington is a single-action, cap-and-ball percussion revolver, usually .44 caliber, although versions were also made in both .31 and .36 calibers. They are both shooters and I believe they will have a blast with this next time I visit. But, Armi Sport is still in business (under a new name). Second, every forum has those who will not allow an absence of knowledge interfere with their conveyance of information. In the .44 version, each of the six chambers can hold up to 40 grains of black powder. THE BORE HAS GOOD RIFLING. 20?) I can put up to 60 grains into each chamber, though I usually use 40. But on my wish-they-would-make list a 5-shot .50 Old Army designed for sabot bullets and 50-grain Pydrodex pellets. I loaded it to Piettas speck of 15 grains, and the ball didnt make it past the forcing cone. Manufacturer: ARMI SAN MARCO. Grips for the Uberti 1873 Cattleman El Patron Grizzly Paw New Model as well as the 1860 and 1872 Colt army made by Cimarron, Pietta and Uberti. Sounds like the name of a shady character lurking in the wisteria of some Flannery OConnor story, doesnt it? what ever happen to "army san marcos" guns ? 1858 remington by armi san marco I have replacements now, but I keep it around as a back-up. It is all nickle, less the cylinder and plunger, which are gold, and a walnut grip. SOME PATINA ON 36 Caliber; 80% blue, fair bore, good grips, 505'' barrel, REPRODUCTION 1862 POCKET NAVY REVOLVER. However, I am 99% sure this is an Armi San Marco because my Armi San Marco cylinders cycle, time and lock perfectly in this pistol and View cart for details. However, I am 99% sure this is an Armi San Marco because my Armi San Marco cylinders cycle, time and lock perfectly in this pistol and One reason is I am new to bp and have no one to ask for help. Ihave been thinking about getting one of these for a while, I have a question. Gun Review: 1858 Remington I've heard the stories of ASM's being of poor quality, however these two .45's are very nice. BLUED BARREL SHOWS SMALL AREA OF PATINA ON LEFT ADJACENT TO RECEIVER. Price Realized: Details Payment Terms Shipping. As neat as that would seem it can also be a curse. I have been told of caps jamming up a Remington Revolver, but in over Twenty Years of shooting Remingtons, have not had a single jam caused by a cap! It is the reciever/frame of any gun that is the controlled part, basically the receiver or frame IS the gun, legally. THE BORE IS MIRROR BRIGHT WITH MINTY RIFLING 44 Caliber; 97% blue, excellent bore, very good grips, 8'' barrel, PIETTA REPRODUCTION OF A COLT MODEL 1860 ARMY PERCUSSION REVOLVER. The Other Type of Percussion Revolver obtainable on to-days Market, Copies of the Colt Design, are by comparison A very poor second. All smokeless powder and paper free. oops! Model: 1858. Armi San Marco, copy of Remington Model 1858 This is what the reg provides: The term antique firearm means any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system)manufactured in or before 1898. Bore and stock in very good condition, rear sight is missing and front sight is loose. Often the outside contour dimensions will differ at the bottom of the barrel lug at the frame, but that's not a critical thing. Armi San Marco Bore in very good condition with surface corrosion, however the barrel is bulged slightly. I considered making a set of lamps out of them but decided to give them away at 1/3 of what I paid for them. Mechanically fine., s/n C216xx, 44 BP; 90% blue, good bore, good grips, 7.5'' barrel, Made in Italy. As for the black powder, read the manual, page 10 in mine. I have a pair of ASM-made and marked, EMF Hartford Colt reproduction revolvers in .45 Colt, 5 1/2" barrels. And if you happen to have another pre-loaded cylinder with you, PRESTO! Grips for the Uberti 1873 Cattleman El Patron Grizzly Paw New Model as well as the 1860 and 1872 Colt army made by Cimarron, Pietta and Uberti. My Command Sergeant Major made me promise to shoot it and not just keep it in my safe. Very nice article on the 1858 Remington. Its parts will interchange with all 3 of my Colt 2nd Gen 1851, except the barrel (the pins at the front of the frame are placed differently). Remington 1858 Though the guns be identical, the first is free of any legal imcumberance, while the second has an FFL holder and a waiting period to deal with. Look on the revolver barrel or bottom or side of cylinder frame. WebArmi San Marco ASM 2nd Model Dragoon ASM 1847 Walker ASM 1849 Pocket ASM 1849 Wells Fargo ASM 1858 1863 pocket ASM 1860 Army ASM 1861 Navy ASM 1862 1849 Wells Fargo ASM 1873 Single Action ASM 1892 Categories Armi San Marco Beretta Pedersoli Uberti Pietta Armi Sport [Chiappa] IAB [Pedretti] Sharps KIRST It has never been fired, came in the original box with the original booklet, and is in excellent condition. Check out our forum: A forum community dedicated to the great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts. Had a cowboy smith smooth the internals so they dont chew each other up.ook mighty sweet in a pair of El Paso Saddlery crossdraw Slim Jims. They were based primarily on the early 1st. I have a Pietta with after-market Tresso nipples that are just slightly smaller and regular caps fall off, but Dynamil Nobel 1075s fit perfectly. If the shooter was a little rough with the gun, and dropped the hammer into the Half Cock Notch, the tip of the trigger could break off, radically altering the sight picture. -drop safety-Hammer - Z52778, A. Uberti & C. Cattleman 1873 Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Black Powder replica. Dont ever get law and logic mixed up; they have nothing in common. In my experience, the fit and finish of the Italian replicas is not so much who makes them as who imports them and sells them in the US. But to me, it just seems that a black powder gun pushing a round ball does not have the ballistics to routinely be lethal on a whitetail deer. The firing pin broke on the 3 or 4th shot. Stainless steel. Then little oil and you are set. It required something Long and thin, preferably with a hook at its end, to fish the Mashed and Mangled remains of the cap, out of the Innards of the gun, before Battle could once more be joined! FINISH SHOWS LIGHT HANDLING WEAR WITH LIGHT WEAR VISIBLE ON THE CYLINDER. Lot 429: Armi San Marco Reproduction 1858 Revolver Two Reproduction Percussion Revolvers Auction Date: November 3, 2016 Estimated Price: $ 200 - $ 500 Price Realized: Details A) Armi San Marco Model 1858 Remington Revolver with Matching Box Manufacturer: ARMI SAN MARCO Model: 1858 Type: Revolver Gauge: 44 percussion Drones are easy to hack or shoot down. My First Colt Style Gun, and my Last Colt style gun! I've been told these ASM revolvers' parts interchange with Colt 1st generation. Something went wrong. Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Black Powder replica. I have several cap-and-ball revolvers, all made by Pietta. Fine quality pistol, exhibits high standards of But always remember that the original buffal0 rifles were all black powder cartridges. This version features improved accuracy. She just a rolls out inna ya hand! The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. WOW , thanks for the history , I do see parts ,lighter springs even cylinders for these guns BUT not with the ASM manufacture ,parts are crossed to gun type like "1851 navy" ,would one say theres a strong chance they would work in ASM brand "1851 navy" ? It ensures that every round fires the same without pushing the ball too deep into the cylinder. What are those little balls for? Cleaned properly, and loaded properly, a Remington Style Percussion Revolver, can be as reliable as a modern Cartridge gun. I shot it once in the neck using a 200 grain 45 acp fmj bullet and about 37 grains of 777. Web1858 Remington, Richards Mason & Open Top Conversion Manual. And thats part of the beauty of cap-and-ball revolvers; you can vary the powder charge any time you wantlight loads for plinking, and heavy loads for whatever. Armi San Marco was a family owned gun maker in Brescia, Italy. Stamped on top of octagon barrel "1855 SPAIN". The standard pistol primer is an 11, but if it does not fit tightly and has to be squeezed to make it stay on, you have the wrong size. hikin PCT ,shooting steel bandits .TRAINS, shooting, hunting, fishing, blacksmithing. BORE IS VERY GOOD 44 Caliber; 75% blue, good bore, 8'' barrel, REPRODUCTION NEW MODEL ARMY REVOLVER IN GOOD CONDITION. Ryw, they sued, but I thought it was because "people would see PeaceKEEPER and think it was a PeaceMAKER". Both sets of these .38 revolvers seem just a bit smaller in the grips and frames than the ASM .45's. swap out ok between the same model like the 1860 Army? My advice is to buy the gun and cylinder, forget that the combination will cost about the same as a modern revolver and enjoy the heck out of it. I had the same problem. Grips in very good condition, brass trigger guard 44 Caliber; 94% blue, very good bore, good grips, 9'' barrel, UBERTI REPRODUCTION OF A COLT 1847 WALKER PERCUSSION REVOLVER. Remington 1858 Armi San Marco They make the guns for different companies and the workmanship is terrible. I took to to a gunshop that has a lot of cowboy guns. I am a bit of a traditionalist so I have 50-50 lard-beeswax that I put on cylinder after loading; cleaning is easy with hot water and Ballistol. Rare US coins, Carson City, Nevada history, Redheads. He carried a nickel plated 8 Remington 1858 and a peacemaker. 1873 Single Action Manual. It was Assistant District Attorney Ben Stone that shot LaHood. A few years ago the trigger just wore out. After that, the law is quite simple, though apparently foolish. It was a good gun but it went down the road in a swap as I don't care for the grip frame on the Remingtons. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. The nature of the weapon makes no difference; one is just as deadly, and in the same way as the other. Chat with us; Phone us at (616) 432-6640 . The reason is that .44 is the muzzle diameter. They make the guns for different companies and the workmanship is terrible. And be sure to get the correct version of conversion. For effective ignition, a ball has to fit tightly in the cylinder, and consequently a bit is shaved off when loading. Water is definitely the very best way to get rid of Black Powder fouling. A.S.M Remington 1858 could be in your future, you would want a steel frame pistol instead of brass. THE BLUING IS NEAR FLAWLESS. When it did fire on time I could hit a coke can at 25 yards most of the time. Friends (very few of them) are welcome to spend the night on the sofa, be on the back porch at sunrise, and harvest a doe with his thanks. Price Realized: Details Payment Terms Shipping. The strong Remington frame made it fairly easy to convert the pistol over to metallic cartridge use, as firearms technology rapidly advanced after the Civil War. They thought if they started raising the price on their guns to in the, same range as Uberti that all the problems would go away. Just make sure that you compress the powder with the ball when you press it into the cylinder. I used to also have an 1858 Remington clone by ASM. Armi San Marco 1858 I have a Uberti 1847 Walker. 1876 Rifle Manual. Retail $300. You are to be congratulated in Choosing the BEST designed Black Powder Percussion revolver on the Market! A) Armi San Marco 1858 New Model Percussion Revolver. In the beginning, I had a pair of ASM Colt clones. Click on the "Full Description" fore more info. Nicks a real tech wizard. Customer Service. stan wayback Chat with us; Phone us at (616) 432-6640 . There will be no records if you send a physical order and payment via U.S. Post Office, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. Mounted Shooting 1873 Rifle Cleaning Instructions. Remington 1858 Blackpowder Mortar & Cannon by Seacoast Artillery, Hand Loading Rifles & Handguns by Diamond K Brass, Bolt Action Rifles Sponsored by Camera Land. Finish in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. The conversion cylinders are also not regulated, so you can get all of those you want and no one has any record of it. I did know enough about black powder to use soap and water and clean until the bubbles showed white with no discoloration, but I screwed up and did not fully disassemble the cylinder and firing mechanism and after three months in storage (before and after a move) it was a rusty mess. 1860 Henry Manual. I think if I was to get a cap and ball revolver I would look for one of the stainless steel Rugers. I remember that ASM was sold to American Western Arms who only produces cartridge revolvers. All year long he trains the deer to come to his corn feeder. ASM was so bad, even ASM parts seldom fit. Model: 1858. In between, he was granted US Patent No. You know youve got a good, airtight seal in the chamber when the mouth of the cylinder shaves a small lead ring off the edge as you seat the ball. It was so bad, I did something I have never done before, or sinse; I had an action job done. New in Box-never fired. Armi San Marco 1858 Come join the discussion about hunting, fishing, survival, archery gunsmithing, optics, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! They tell me that they inspect every gun they get and wont sell anything they dont think is high quality, and I believe it. I shot ASM 58's in my early years. That sucker started flipping all over the place. The other was a blued adjustable-sight Old Army that was just sheer round-ball hilarious to shoot. If you do this you dont need a wad. The Remington-Beals as it was called back then came into its own with the onset of the Civil War. Very cool stuff. The conversion cylinders may be purchased only through an FFL, as the change makes the pistol no longer a relic as it fires readily available modern ammo. Im 66 years old and I have been wanting to get a 1858black powder for a while now but because I live in Illinois I cant get no one to order me one . date of manufacture for Italian replica six In the original box serial numbered to the gun. Bluing shows some wear and 45 Caliber; 95% blue, very good bore, very good stock, 10'' barrel, Mendi .45 caliber black powder reproduction single shot pistol. I had not planned to involve myself in another topic, but there was so much conflicting information about what guns do and do not require involvement of the BATF. Chiappa (I visited them too) it a totally different story, rather "big" factory. Take that, and cross reference it the list below. We spotted this boxed ASM Walker at a pawn and gun shop at a price I couldn't pass up. Armi San Marco is still making guns and they are known for making guns with bad workmanship. A standard 1858s barrel measures eight inches. .44 Caliber 8in Blued Octagonal Barrel Brass Guard Walnut Grip Steel Frame Top Strap/Post Sights Overall Length: 14.5in Weighs: 2.75 pounds Model: FR18582 WHY CUSTOMERS CHOSE THIS ITEM Specifications Questions & Two Armi San Marco 1858 New Model Percussion Revolvers Auction Date: May 25, 2022. Finish in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. The 1858 Remington-Beals got the nod because of the top strap (previous buy didnt, Navy in .36) and it came with an extra cylinder. But that same design made the Remington more robust than the Colts and also gave the advantage of rapid cylinder swapping. In 1993, the Hartford line was introduced by E.M.F. View Item in Catalog Lot #242 (Sale Order: 241 of 708) Sold for: $120.00 to F****b "Tax, Shipping & Handling and Internet Premium Barrel: 12 inch I purchased it new from EMF in 1986. The Colt type sighting was crude, to say the very least! Pour boiling water down the barrel, than put a couple of dry patches down there, and your bore will be like the detergent advert! Armi San Marco, copy of Remington Model 1858 There, you should find a roman numeral or two character alphabetical stamp. I know! These are considered antiques and not subject to paper work. Grand Army /Frontier Any help would be appreciated. One, an 1851 clone was built of the same parts produced by Uberti when they built the Colt "2nd Gen" percussion revolvers. The owner was very knowledgeable about his business. Manuals & Instructions Old South Firearms, LLC THE BLUING ON THE OCTAGONAL BARREL SHOWS MILD OXIDATION. -drop safety-Hammer- - Z52780, A. Uberti & C. 1872 Open Top Some folks claim doing so helps prevent chain fires, or all the cylinders going off at once. For shooting comfortable loads for target shooting I use 20g black-powder followed with 20g of Cream of Wheat then the ball and finally the lard-beeswax. The Tom Selleck Western (from a Louis Lamour book) crossfire trail, the last scene has a virtual plethora of late 1800 iron in use by both the good and bad guys. I got my first 58 Remington in 1989 for Christmas ($99 from Cabelas). Not that theres anything wrong with that. Years ago ASM had some fine artisans..the guns were good.ASM was under the direction of the Son in Law of Aldo Uberti. ARMI SAN MARCO .45 LC Hartford Model Box Papers Manual Spring, Genuine ASM & CVA - Stop Bolt - For Remington 1858 Revolver - Armi San Marco, Armi San Marco dragoon pistol grips pearl / gold leaf plastic, Armi San Marco Hawkeye/Ridgerunner Reference copy single page 7.5x11Diagram, SAN MARCO - ROAD BIKE - SADDLE - ROLLS - GOLD RAILS, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. I have an ASM made, Cimarron marked, 1860 Richards. ARMI SAN MARCO Modern Reproduction By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Retail $300. I havent shot black powder in a long time. I now have two 58s one with a conversion (to 45 colt cartridge) cylinder from Midway that works great, and no black powder fouling. Any you can look our website about turbo http://www.j2fastmotorsports.com/. View more auctions here. WebDescription: Remington Model 1858 New Model Army Revolver, .44 caliber. At that price, I bought it. How interchangeable are Uberti gun parts 1858 Remington The conversion cylinder is indeed just a part, and can be bought anywhere any time any place. I have three Sheriffs Models, and consider them SO GOOD, I carry one every day for Self-Defense! Perfect for display and target shooting. 1860 Henry Manual. On clening, dont whatever you do mention water, on a web site run by some guy named John Fuhring. THE 44-40; 98% blue, excellent bore, excellent+ grips, 5 1/2'' barrel, UBERTI REPRODUCTION OF A REMINGTON MODEL 1875 ARMY REVOLVER IN EXCELLENT OVERALL CONDITION. On the other hand, I also have an ASM 92 clone. I do remember an article about this first revolver in that it was so exactly copied from an original that even experienced Colt collectors had difficulty in telling the prototype from an original. I had a few ASMs in the very early days. The Beals model came earlier, then the Old Model Army/Navy, and, finally, the new Model. I called VTI. This gun was thoroughly rebuilt by Oglesby & Oglesby and is a fine revolver having had the cylinder and hammer re-hardened, and wire springs installed, including the Ruger style coil handspring and plunger. Bore and chambers in very good+ 36 Caliber; 97% blue, very good+ bore, very good+ grips, 6.58'' barrel, Pietta Remington 1858 revolver, 6 shot, 36. caliber with very good bore and chambers, slight surface corrosion in the chambers. 1899. It blew LaHood through a windowyumm. Watch Cabelas.com or Cabelas stores ( if you have one close to you) (#% or 40 grains.) This page was last updated: 04-Mar 00:33. Be like suing Ruger if they called one of their 1911 models "Old Slabsides", or Uberti over their new 1873 "Thumbuster". Fits .44 and .36 7.25 ea + 2.75 shipping via USPS 1 ea. It was a great pointer and very accurate. THE BRIGHT BLUING IS EVEN THROUGHOUT. Perfect for display and target shooting. Minor handling dings - see photos Standard 8" octagon barrel. For the first 50 rounds the cylinder was very tight and a pain in the butt to fit in and out of the frame, but it is broken in and now I can change it with ease, but Im still not as fast as Clint in Pale rider. Black Powder Revolver Manual. Replica Arms was the first importer for ASM revolvers, the first being the 1847 Walker. SOLD That's your build date. Thanks. Rust and pitting on metal. Also on the note of black powder, someone with a lesser felony conviction can own a black powder gun as long as the magazine cannot be altered to fire High power center fire ammunition (45-70 and .45 colt cowboy rounds do not apply). And if both Buffalo Bill and Clint Eastwood liked it in different centuries, you know its got to be good. Fordyce Beals knew what he was doing. LaHood was put down by the miner the Preacher had been helping using a buffalo gun at about 5 yards. I got to fire a few cap and ball revolvers when on holiday in Italy. The guns worked flawlessly in stock form when I sold them. My theory was that the chamber pressure was too high and the percussion cap was pushing the hammer back causing the cylinder to try to rotate while the ball was passing from the cylinder to the forcing cone. The firing pin broke on the 3 or 4th shot. The one thing I really like is that the entire process of loading is actually fun, whereas for my M&P45 loading a mag isnt something to get excited about. 1858 Remington Cap and ball Web1858 Remington, Richards Mason & Open Top Conversion Manual. I have a pieta with aftermarket Tresso nipples that do not fit the standard Remington capstoo loose, but fit Dynamil Nobel caps perfectly. I have been cleaning black powder revolvers for almost 50 years. Lightning Manual. If youre not lucky, then youve got a tear in your femoral artery and only a few minutes to stop the bleeding before youre introduced to Eliphalet Remington at that great gun factory in the sky. Grips