TransVan was a line of Class B motorhomes produced by Champion in the 1970s and 1980s. In Europe they had some weird looking transport vans for race teams, JPS aka John Player Special Norton Factory race team had a couple versions of really odd looking space ship transporters, Seen a few others. Know How To Prevent A Space Heater Fire In Your RV. Centramatic wheel balancers Wheelbase: 138 Which countries have you seen already with your 1987 Ford TransVan? Good tires! This one looks really nice and well out of my budget however, I have 1979 dodge trans van like this one.just different colors inside. Quick facts 1987 Ford TransVan. There is a distinct lack of blue in the color palette. How may i fontract you. It runs and drives well. I KNOW THAT IT HAS A MANUAL FUEL PUMP ON THE 350 V-8 , BUT, WONDERING IF THERE IS ALSO AN ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP IN LINE OR IN THE FUEL TANK? 1989 Champion Telstar Manuals available - Manual Needed I have a 1989 Champion Telstar (25') and have most of the manuals I would be willing to share. Looks like a project but looks fun at the same time I love the older rvs. Find it here on eBay where bidding has crept past $19,000 with no reserve and located in Wayland, Michigan. RI is still pretty depressed economicly even 10 yrs in Weve put international travels on hold due to COVID, but hope to hit Canada and Mexico someday soon! I want to attach some pics to this thread if I can learn how to do this. No thanks, Looks like the ol 360 seen better days. Become a member to add images to your comments. Camper furnace 17,000btu We decided to just do some updating rather than a full tear-down and rebuild. We are not directly involved in the sale of any camper listed here. whittier union high school district superintendent. Weve got major wanderlust and have always dreamed of renovating a van! 17, 19 & 21 ft on these, which 1? The pictures make the van look very clean and likely remodeled but, the price seems very high. VAN LIFE?!? (Renovating a 1989 Ford Transvan) - YouTube We are not directly involved in the sale of any camper listed here. Trailer towing hitch: 300/3000lbs Ext lgth: 209 As such, a hitch on one of these requires quite a bit of fabrication and not made to haul much more than your average boat. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Rather you are a buyer or seller and have found this site useful to you, please consider donating to help us provide a better user experience. The distance of the wheelbase of 1989 Ford Econoline is 138.00 in. Tell us your 3 most important camping gadgets of all time! boy, dat guy never even farted in there (mommie raised that military brat right Make ur bed Johnny.) I have experience~ 1990 Ford Champion TransVan Camper For Sale in Elkridge, MD Shes been a great home for us, but we want to downsize to something a little smaller for off-roading and weekend adventures. cabin AC, drive shaft, upgraded stero w/bluetooth & navigation, new starter batteries & [], *Please note this ad is a repost Ad Information -Source: Craigslist -State: California -City: San Francisco -Asking Price: $11,500 -Contact: No Longer Available Key Camper Facts -Year: 1989 -Model/Trim: F250 -Length: Not Listed -Miles: Not [], *Please note this ad is a repost Ad Information -Source: Craigslist -State: California -City: Encinitas -Asking Price: $15,000 -Contact: No Longer Available Key Camper Facts -Year: 2006 -Model/Trim: E350 -Length: Not Listed -Miles: 68k -Engine: []. Your email address will not be published. It has just over 54,000 original miles and runs like a champ.The outside is really great for the year that it is,and the inside is even better.Totally self-contained with full hook-ups,shower and toilet. Im unsure as to the last time it ran but I have plans to get it up and running in the spring. The last thing I want is a bathroom in my vehicle, regardless of its purpose. But that could be an optical illusion: owners would eventually complain about the ceiling height, or lack thereof, which forced most passengers to duck as they moved throughout the cabin. It might even save me the trouble of having to get laminate if I can just get some lumber with a nice finish and stain it. Become a member to add images to your comments. The rear section for the toilet and galley actually hang behind the back wheels to get stand-up room so there isnt anyplace you could put a shower. 1989 Ford E-350 Econoline Custom 7.5L V8 GAS Automatic 3 Speed Added Apr 2021 No Fuel-ups. If this thing was in my next-door neighbors yard I couldnt help but play the What if? game. If it was up to us, we would choose camping in the middle of nowhere (ideally by water) with some friends. Text is easiest. In our two years living on the road, weve only passed one other Transvan (and I dont think she looked as good as Mabel!) Thank you so much for watching! Seller states: Unfortunately I cant finish what I started. The length of the trim is 206.80 in. It runs and drives well. Made the trip with no issues at all. 1982 Chevrolet G30 van chassis, short wheelbase, single rear wheel. 1 ton chassis. Meeting fellow travelers is one of the best parts about being on the road. Its pretty incredible. Ok, onto van details:Mechanicals:1982 Chevrolet G30 van chassis, short wheelbase, single rear wheel350, TH400, 4.10 rear endGear Vendors overdrive added, making it much more toler, For Sale by Owner: This is a Class B Champion TransVan with only 81k original miles. Manual - GEOCITIES.ws 1989 Ford Econoline E350 Review - AutoDetective Respectable. Fuel pump and tank level housing (not installed-fuel gauge does not reflect correct level-I just fill up between 150-200 miles) If you enjoyed this youll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! 1982'ish Trans Van For Sale - YouTube Good news: the A/C system has been recently serviced with a new pump and converted to R134A. Just the US. gabriel slonina parents / container_memory_working_set_bytes vs container_memory_usage_bytes / container_memory_working_set_bytes vs container_memory_usage_bytes Nothing is perfect whats the down side of vanlife? We were missing hours of our day just traveling home from work, but living in a van, at 5 pm, we closed up our computers and hopped into the hotspring we parked next to, or went on a hike or put up our hammock in a tree and read. Mariah was born and raised in Santa Cruz, CA, and Mads grew up in various spots around Monterey Bay. From early Econolines to new Transits; we review the Ford van model history. It was regularly maintained by it's previous owner. - $5,000 (Blue Ridge), Meet Mabel: 1982 Chevy G30 / Champion Transvan class B camper van - $16,000 (Northport), 1989 Ford Champion Transvan E350 - $5,500 (Cambridge), 1979 Dodge Briugham transvan. RV - $5,000 (Los Angeles), 1982 Champion (Chevrolet) Transvan - $10,000 (Caro), REDUCED! Thanks for the info. Ford E350 6.0L Turbo Diesel. 1988 Champion Transvan | Van Living Forum Power converter 7 November, 2015 by Rene Agredano. Table of Contents show. Jun 9, 2019 - Ford Camper Van Class B Classifieds - Craigslist, eBay, RV Trader Online Ads - 1989 E350 Transvan Camper For Sale in Tinley Park, Illinois | Price: $6,497. looks like dad has his work cut out for him, it will be neat though. Class B - 1989 Champion TransVan - $8500 (Las Vegas Park and Sell) For Sale by Owner: This is a Class B Champion TransVan with only 81k original miles. Weve had to take her in for maintenance several times but never unexpected problems! Property of Katieliz . The Trans Van was built on a few different chassis, including those from Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet. I did download a G30 chassis service manual, so at least the mechanicals of the van are covered, but I'd like to find out more about the RV part of it as well. Justin built out another van, a Sprinter conversion, and its for sale, check that out right here! Sold! Thanks, 1988 Transvan - Chassis Manual Available Looking for a manual for a 1988 Transvan. TransVan RV Brings Back Memories Of Leisure Suit Era - DoItYourselfRV Have a home base you can always come to if you need a break or just a good shower. 1990 T202 Champion TransVan motor home, 20 foot, 40,121 original miles, nice condition. That made things pretty difficult. Installed a dashmat to protect the immaculate dash Their Class B Motorhome Renovation. Since living in the van, both of us have secured fully-remote jobs. I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me but I think this 84/85 is worth the love, Don't Miss Paradise Oaks RV Resort In Florida, The Best Mail Services For Full-Time RVers, The 10 Best Spring Break Destinations For RVers, What You Should Know About RV Towing Insurance, Vacuum and Wiring-AIR pump delete 1987 Chevy P30, Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1. Fortunately, you can find many RV owners manuals available online as PDFs to download, which can save paper while also getting you the information you need with regards to repairs, maintenance, how certain things on board your RV work and more. If you can, try building out your van before moving into it full time! This can be a family member or a friend. No trades / no title / bill of sale only / If the ad is up, the Trans Van is still available.camper van westfalia overland motorhome r/v campervan conversion chinook, Camper van (2) newer batteries, (6)brand new tires, new alternator and starter, built in generator, refrigerator, propane/electric, wet bathroom, closet, (2) burner stove, hot water heater gas/electric, interior good condition, fresh and gray/black water tank, air conditioner, cab air conditioning works great, motor and transmission runs good, carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguisher, cedar cei, It breaks our hearts, but we need to put our 82 Transvan up for sale. What makes travelling and living in a van such a great experience? It has just over 54,000 original miles and runs like a champ.The outside is really great for the year that it is,and the inside is even better.Totally self-contained with full hook-ups,shower and toilet. Learn more about the base models that make up the camper vans listed for sale on this site. Your email address will not be published. Wants to go to the scrap yard under its own power. Please contact the seller directly for more info about the RV and to purchase. I fixed a bunch of little, 89 Ford Transvan - mini-Motorhome - $5,997 (Tinley Park), 1987 Ford Transvan - $11,500 (Zephyrhills), Meet Mabel: 1982 Chevy G30 / Champion Transvan class B camper van - $19,500 (Northport), Meet Mabel: 1982 Chevy G30 / Champion Transvan class B camper van - $16,000 (Northport), 1989 Ford Champion Transvan E350 - $5,500 (Cambridge), 1979 Dodge Briugham transvan. Part motorhome, part Class B van conversion, this vintage TransVan RV from the late 1970s is enough to give any camper 'antique RV envy.'. The van runs drives and stops but the interior and exterior need work text or email with any questions. Since there is so little information about them even on the ol interwebs, as they say, heres a YouTube video of a crash test of a 1979 Champion Trans-Van on a Dodge chassis by the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration). Enjoy your stay :). I think theyve been featured on this site before. It was regularly maintained by it's previous owner. FordCamperClassifieds.com reposts ads from popular online classifieds sites such as Craigslist and eBay. Mariah is a Director of Development for a non-profit, and Mads works in technical support for a booking platform for outdoor trips. What are your future plans when it comes to traveling/living in your 1987 Ford TransVan? Most of them were on a Dodge Chassis but there were also Chevy and Ford versions as well. If you decide to change the pump yourself, there's a couple trick that'll help youthe pump mount bolts,2, pass thru a plate that has 2 bolts that hold it on after pump removedon the front of engine block down low in pump area you'll find a 3/8th short bolt that holds nothing.it's a plug..remove it and screw a longer bolt in to hold the pump pushrod up so that the arm on pump can get in.the pushrod pushes on pump armif you can't do it that way, you can pull the plate off, but you'll need the gasket behind it as it'll probably tear, and pull the rod out..wipe it off good, put some thick grease on it and reinsert..grease will hold pushrod up so that you can install pump..or, if available, a long feeler gauge can be inserted between rod and pump while removing pump and leaving it in place till pump arm makes contact with rod..then slip it out as you're installing pump to block.all 3 work. FYI I did the grease trick when I replaced the mechanical lift pump on my G30, worked like a charm. The best advice a fellow vanlifer gave us is: all vans break down. Want adventure? Hi all. He asked us if wed be interested in buying his van. There certainly are downsides! This is not the TransVan, or Trans-Van, that's for sale, but this is more of what it would have looked like. Front 2 buckets, 2 rear buckets, 3 seater bench, that folds to a bed.Drives like a va, This 1989 F-350 TransVan by Champion is in excellent condition. car manufacturer: Ford. Fresh water tank: 20 gallons Fridge! Find links to sites about Campers and makers of Ford Camper Van Conversions & Custom Class B RVs. Plenty of places to stop and do your business and not have to haul it around! Would look great with Gravedigger parked on top of it. We made the decision after many conversations, video tours, etc with the owner and flew into Michigan to drive back home to Maryland. How long are you on the road already and do you live in your vehicle full time? The seller hasnt provided much info on the plaid Trans-Van thats for sale other than Unfortunately I cant finish what I started. Van Campers Used For Sale2016 Miscellaneous Mercedes Benz Sprinter 2500 Michael Van Pelt, an exceptionally knowledgeable TransVan owner. The crash test starts around 2:40 into the video. This page is dedicated to buying and selling Class B Camper Vans. I wanted one to pull a car trailer with the Mustang behind it but the wife said no to anymore camping now that the boys are grown and out of the house. Based on a Ford E350 Dualie chassis, it's 20 feet long so it fits in parking spots, but it's wide enough to sleep cr, 79 Brougham transvan RV, has futon style bed couch, 32inch TV, android box, upgraded radio with Bluetooth, upgraded to a thankless water heater,, the original one is still there cause it doubles as the heater. This allowed a lower floor back there, which made entering the john a bit less onerous, says. Youll be able to live in the van a lot longer if youre able to take breaks every once in a while. Fully loaded! Running well! Full-time RVer? Coach only has 25,981 original miles. Dont miss other awesome stories like this Class B van/motorhome conversion, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more! Even adults of average height had to stoop when moving around inside. Boatie is our rock! The new Sprinters and the old 87 Ford Trasvans. For sale 1982 Champion (Chevrolet) Transvan Camper Van I think it really depends what youre looking for! Lotta smoke there~. When the open road is calling, its best to answer. We lived in Boatie full-time with our cat and dog for 7 months before deciding to call it quits. It was regularly maintained by it's previous owner. They all break down! Evel Kneivel had some weird road trip rigs in his time. As old as that rig is, you might consider a low-pressure electric fuel pump and a blanking plate to block the hole where the current fuel pump is mounted, or just replacing the fuel pump with a new stock one. We love meeting other vanlifers when we travel. Compact microwave 1 153k miles (engine replaced at 133k), new turbo, heater coil. its really more of a day-traveler. Must be one of the worst floor layouts ever seen in a camper. We made the decision after many conversations, video tours, etc with the owner and flew into Michigan to drive . You wont be disappointed, fly in and drive home. City water fill Seatbelts for 7. Unlike mine, however, this one is absolutely mint inside. Whats even cooler than the outside appearance is the robust construction: TransVans body frames were constructed with steel beams, not the flimsy wood like most RVs that would quickly get wet and fall apart shortly after water intrusion began. Roadtrip Delight: 1979 Chevy Trans Van | Barn Finds It has a comfortable CARGO VAN body style. Or subscribe without commenting. Vintage TransVan RV Brings Back (Fond?) Find parts for sale from 3rd party sources and eBay. Mister Tarlek?Paging Mister Tarlek?Your van is ready at the Service Counter.. A still photo of a running vehicle. Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free! Here are some interesting links for you! model: E 350 TransVan by Champion. We've found we really don't use it nearly as much as planned. The bathroom was also in the back left corner. Jeff Lavery. We purchased the coach last May in Michigan with 23k miles where it had never left since new. Class B - 1989 Champion TransVan - $8500 (Las Vegas Park and Sell) For Sale by Owner: This is a Class B Champion TransVan with only 81k original miles. Chassis battery (replaced 9/19/22) I added the AC last year after I got it, this model doesn't have a built in generator but it will come with a 1000 watt generator but your going to have to get at least a 2500 to 3500 watt o, We are the 2nd owners, it has been in the family since new. Bilstein shocks, front and rear installed Learn more about the base models that make up the camper vans listed for sale on this site. if you know anyone who wore loud plaid pantswell I..umum.. Ive always hated these Trans Vansdual rear wheels, yet you cant stand upright in the camper section. The seller notes this example was owned by an Air Force Veteran up until last year, and has just 64,000 miles on it. While it can be a fun project, there are some things you should know about renovating an RV. Reallymint. More recently, they built out this Transit van with double murphy beds. We purchased the coach last May in Michigan with 23k miles where it had never left since new. I C no shower? I know. This plaid RV (I never thought Id say that) is on Craigslist and theres no need to put it on the CL archive as there is just this one photo, sadly. This thing is a mess but has a great-running Ford 7.5L V8 (460 c.i.) The reality is that not all vanlifers are content creators. Join Date: Apr 2016. Get the RIGHT health insurance. EM50 UAV, (Urban Assault vehicle) Based on a Ford E350 Dualie chassis, it's 20 feet long so it fits in parking spots, but it's wide enough to sleep cr, 79 Brougham transvan RV, has futon style bed couch, 32inch TV, android box, upgraded radio with Bluetooth, upgraded to a thankless water heater,, the original one is still there cause it doubles as the heater. Thanks Frank, I now have a new mechanical fuel pump, I also replaced any rubber fuel lines. Cast iron pan, portable battery, a lighter! diaphragm in the fuel pump won't last forever, and I've seen people with older rigs stranded for days because the pump they needed took time to get. Alloy wheels Click the link below to list your Ford based camper for sale with us. Join Date: Apr 2016. . No manuals, nothing. on November 8, 2020. For a 31 yo van, your main issue will be getting parts. Class B - 1989 Champion TransVan - $8500 (Las Vegas Park and Sell), Class B - 1989 Champion TransVan - $11900 (Las Vegas Park and Sell), 1995 Ford Transvan E350 - Camper Van - Campervan - RV Class B - ClassB - $16500 (Chicago), 1989 Ford 350 TransVan by Champion - $9500 (Bakersfield), 1990 T202 Champion TransVan - $10000 (Grapeview), 1986 gmc transvan champion - $8000 (Costa mesa), TransVan RV Camper Van Clean - $5000 (Iowa City / Longfellow). Hopefully by looking at this one photo and knowing the price, a seemingly-reasonable $1,700, any potential buyers will have enough info to at least get in touch with the seller for more photos and info. It's a 1989 Champion Transvan van with 98k miles that I had plans to gut and build out but health problems got in the way. Their Class B Motorhome Renovation - Tiny House Talk Want adventure? LP tank: 50lbs 1986 Alpenlite 5th Wheel Owners Manual - FC2 Water pump 12v Use the Search Box for custom queries or any of the links from Trim, Maker, Model Year or Location to help sort your results. Why are we selling? Cash only, no trades. We did recently get a 2nd car and started driving her less. 4 HOA Rules About RVs That Might Surprise You, The Border Hookups Hit The Road With A New Song, Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8 Beta 1, Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2. Class B motorhome. There isnt much info on these vans out there other than they were made by Champion Motorhomes, one of the biggest makers of RVs and being on a van chassis they were a Class B motorhome. 1990 Champion TransVan on a Ford E350 chassis with a 5.8L and 4-speed automatic. Heres what we could gather from various vintage RV discussion forums and personal websites around the web: Many TransVan owners held onto theirs for years, but unfortunately not everyone loved their vintage TransVan RV: Lots of people excitedly post about buying a vintage TransVan RV in various RV discussion forums, but you rarely hear about the ultimate success (or failure) of their renovations. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Compact Motorhome: 1982 Chevrolet Trans Van | Barn Finds Scotty Gilbertson. One of 31 Made: 1989 . I do have vacuum issues and some carb cleaning on the quadra jet , I am wanting to keep the systems as original as I can. 0.0 Avg MPG. The person selling this deals in buying and selling Class B campers. Locating any written history about this beauty is difficult. I know, there are no interior photos of a camper thats listed for sale. Everything thats not sewage ends up in the RV gray water tank. Id trade 90% of the bed space for one AND a 5 9 sq ft fridge. Aug 26, 2016. My phone is 770 771 9235. Everything works in camper. At that point we had been window shopping for a while, so we decided to take the leap! So you want me to pay you for it and finish running it into the ground? Email believeinjesus0310@gmail.com. Or you can choose the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine. Her original owner hardly ever used her, so everything held up really well. Memories Of Leisure Suit Era. This thing is a mess but has a great-running Ford 7.5L V8 (460 c.i.) Asking $25k obo. Wet bath with toilet/shower The service manual IS NOT an owner's manual but instead the complete service manual - Please use caution when servicing your vehicle and seek professional advice when needed! We still lived in the van for weeks before we were able to get those things fixed. The inside of the coach is pretty much original and in excellent condition. 1984 Champion TransStar/TransVan Chevy G30 - iRV2 Forums Transit van offers you a choice of powerful engines. I thought this was a Class C motorhome, Geo? Which this one appears to have, in the rear opposite the kitchen. In our two years living on the road, weve only passed one other Transvan (and I dont think she looked as good as Mabel!) This post may contain affiliate links or mention our own products, please check out our disclosure policy. A featurethat made it more comfy than a Class B van was its an on-board Onan generator. Thats what always impressed me: no matter which model you ordered, the Trans Van kit maintained the same consistent decal theme. This is not the TransVan, or Trans-Van, thats for sale, but this is more of what it would have looked like. If you find one thats in relatively good shape, nab it. No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Replaced propane regulator and added connection for hooking up a grille Timbren overloads RV - $5,000 (Los Angeles), 1982 Champion (Chevrolet) Transvan - $10,000 (Caro), REDUCED! This is a really cool camper van that's in awesome condition for it's age. Ford Champion Transvan E-350 Econoline. Find links to sites about Campers and makers of Ford Camper Van Conversions & Custom Class B RVs. Power window motors replaced, driver and passenger 1979 Dodge Transvan All fiberglass Camper by Champion from down near L.A., Calif.318 EngineDual rear wheelsStand up rear galleyTwo skylightsNot currently running, but I drove it here and parked it.Mechanical skills needed? . To me, this 1979 Chevy Trans Van here on eBay is the perfect sized conveyance for attending track events and camping out under the stars. this Transit van conversion with double murphy beds, Renovating a 1989 Ford Transvan (Aubernutter/YouTube). Throughout its lifetime the TransVan was built on Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet chassis. Stove! A cross between a motorhome and a van conversion, the TransVan was in direct competition to the popular. Finally found an 89 Dodge Xplorer, but Id still love to find a decent, reasonably priced Trans Van. THERE ARE NO INTERIOR PHOTOS OF A CAMPER THATS LISTED FOR SALE! Find Parts For Sale Cruise control works but needs to be cleaned due to slipping. 30-amp electric The following two tabs change content below. 05-24-2016, 10:01 AM Tidy Tabby. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Gre6MVs7M. They seem like a pretty good place to start for tiny living, dont they?